Worst ride to get stuck on.

Mission Space! As we were boarding, my DD(9) states she has to go to the bathroom. :eek: OK, she's 9 we'll go right after the ride. We tilted back for our lunar assist around the moon, countdown is complete and nothing. The air is on so it's not that bad, but you can't move your upper body as we were strapped in on our way to Mars right!?! 10 minutes later my DD says she really needs to use the bathroom and the only way I could comfort her was to take my foot and gently touch her leg, well she FREAKED started screaming and then it seemed like a long time. :scared1: When they did let us out, manually unlocking the door, the girl hands us a fastpass to comeback. :lmao: We are going back in 5 days and DD is deathly afraid of mission space now. :confused3

The year before same DD fell asleep on IASW during an EMH at about 2AM. I was :scared1: when I couldn't wake her up to get off the ride and thought I was going to have to ride again and again. DH and DD(12) bailed immediately leaving me in the boat with DD! :rotfl:

Good times, great memories

My mom and I got stuck on Pirates for about 50 minutes before we got evacuated. :scared1: We were right next to the well at the beginning, a little bit after the drop. And this is what we heard for 1/2 an hour (they turned it off then).

"I am no chicken! I will not duck!"
*drowning noises*
*annoying pirate flute whistle*

Sometimes my mom and I whistle the tune and then start cracking up. It was a nightmare! Pirates is really cool with the lights on though. So many little things you don't see. ;)

A friend's ex-husband got stuck on Test Track in the "elements" room with the heat lamps. He was sunburned and it was the middle of summer. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!:rolleyes1

We got stuck at the top of Tower of Terror, it was only for a minute or two, in complete darkness - but a minute when you are terrified and anxious for that drop is really scary.

It was the part after the twinkle lights, when the elevator moves forward and locks into place before the door opens and it made a weird noise and got dark and a little girl in back of us just said "oh crap!" hehe. Then we waited the minute or two, heard noise again and the doors opened and we dropped. It took me years to get the courage to ride that - and that's what I get!!!

I do love the ride though :)

We didn't stuck on TT but the audio was stuck on the word "left", as in exit the car to the "left". So for the entire ride we heard "left, left, left" over and over. To this day it's a running joke in our house, out of no where someone will say "left, left, left" and we all lose it.

A friend's ex-husband got stuck on Test Track in the "elements" room with the heat lamps. He was sunburned and it was the middle of summer. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!:rolleyes1

I just can't believe there's not some sort of safety built into those heat and cold rooms, to turn them off after a certain period of time if the car donen't move! Surely they have had complaints about it by now!:eek:

We didn't stuck on TT but the audio was stuck on the word "left", as in exit the car to the "left". So for the entire ride we heard "left, left, left" over and over. To this day it's a running joke in our house, out of no where someone will say "left, left, left" and we all lose it.

LOL, thats a good one!

I would think, at least for me Dinosaur would FREAK ME OUT!!! if i had to be evacuated on foot. I couldn't walk through that without wanting to hurry. I still close my eye through most of the ride. I have seen maybe 30seconds to a minute in all the times I have been on it. I have rode it about 4 or 5 times too. i like going on it. i just don't want to look at much of it LOL

Been lucky and haven't gotten stuck yet (knock on wood), unless you count the 3-ish minutes on POTC. But it was so short I hardly count it.

With that said, I think the worst would absolutely be TT in the hot or cold room. Second worst would be IASM... that would be scarring.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends just at the end for five mins listening to "Mr Ray we've found Nemo, we've found Nemo!" over and over agian... Ooh, I was ready to kill the first person who said "Nemo" in that annoying voice after that. Suffice to say I sat through the Nemo musical in AK with gritted teeth and my hands clenched!

I've gotten stuck on TTA for 90 minutes before in the Space Mountain area.Needless to say that was very annoying and killed my eyes.

A friend of mine and hubby got stuck in A Small World for 20 minutes. He finally turned to her and said goodbye I'm swimming for it!

We got stuck at the top of Tower of Terror, it was only for a minute or two, in complete darkness - but a minute when you are terrified and anxious for that drop is really scary.

It was the part after the twinkle lights, when the elevator moves forward and locks into place before the door opens and it made a weird noise and got dark and a little girl in back of us just said "oh crap!" hehe. Then we waited the minute or two, heard noise again and the doors opened and we dropped. It took me years to get the courage to ride that - and that's what I get!!!

I do love the ride though :)

Sorry for double post, but that sounds AWESOME!! How tense would everyone be when it finally drops?!

Our last trip (in 2007), we got stuck on 2 different rides on our last day in the parks. We decided it was obviously time to go home!

We got stuck on Splash Mountain at the very end, right by the Happy Place. I think it was the final curve before you exit the ride. At first we laughed and sang along with ZippityDoDah, but after about 10 minutes we got a little tired of that. After 25 minutes, we were considering taking the risk of getting thrown out of the park and bailing from the boat the using the emergency exit we could see. :crazy2: Thankfully, another 5 minutes and we finally escaped!! Splash Mountain is my second favorite ride in all of WDW but it wasn't for the rest of that day. LOL.

Then, we decided to do Haunted Mansion one last time. MISTAKE! We got stuck AGAIN! Right in front of Madame Leota. We must have heard her spell about 100 times. It seemed like forever, but was probably 15-20 minutes (couldn't see my watch as they did at least leave the lights out). However it was made worse by my son and my oldest nephew using "creepy" loud whispers calling my nieces name from the other car. She kept getting more and more scared and was about to start crying when the ride finally started up again. I was ready to strangle those boys!

After exiting that ride, we decided it was time to leave the parks and go "home" to swim for the rest of the night (our plane was leaving quite early the next day).

I will add, in spite of that...I am near to giddy about our trip in just 20 DAYS! Woohoo! Nothing like the magic of Disney, even when it breaks. :yay:

We've been stuck on lots of rides, but the worst, by far, was The Great Movie Ride. We were stuck for about 30 mins and our "guide" was trying to be funny and just kept talking and making horrible jokes . . . it was the worst :sad2:

We've been stuck on lots of rides, but the worst, by far, was The Great Movie Ride. We were stuck for about 30 mins and our "guide" was trying to be funny and just kept talking and making horrible jokes . . . it was the worst :sad2:

I was just wondering about that one - you would think they would plan some sort of "exit" for the CM that went along with the story line.

My least fav. are the one's in the hot sun. It's not so bad if you at least have A/C. So I'll take ToT, RnR, HM over SM, or BTM anyday.

Years ago my mom got stuck on Space Mountain. They turned on all the lights and she was almost to the top. She was riding alone but there was another kid in the same car with her. She had to help him out and they walked down together. SHe said it was pretty cool with all the light on.

Last year we got stuck in HM. We were in front of a grave stone with a head that would pop up every few seconds. My 5 year old wasn't to trilled about the head.:rotfl:

We were also stuck at the top of the Tower of Terror drop. It was about 5-10 min., and it was great!! There were a few noobs who were absolutely terrified, but we were vets and we had a lot of fun with it.

At the bottom, those who wished were immediately whisked onto an elevator to the top with no wait, if they wished, for another ride. The noobs passed, but we happily took the VIP ride!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter