Worst meal experience?

I think one restaurant you won't find us at again any time soon is Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen. While the theme/design of the restaurant is fantastic, we found both the service and menu to be a letdown. The meal was incredibly underwhelming (from appetizer to dessert) and the service was poor. It took a very long time to get the food and it was ages in between times when our server would check on us or bring things we ordered. On top of that, it wasn't very busy, so it didn't make sense. Also of note: the servers here are supposed to be an integral part of the experience - they make jokes and are generally supposed to serve you in a similar "vein" as the skippers on the Jungle Cruise. Ours did not. Mileage may vary if your server is better, but we won't be back.

Chef Mickey, late breakfast. We’ve never had a bad meal here so long as we are one of the first tables seated, but once the buffet has been picked over it’s a disaster. Also CRT. The food here is downright awful but everyone should try to eat in the castle at least once just for the ambience.

The restaurant that comes to mind immediately is Boatwrights at POR. Waste of calories and money.
And we adore Boatwrights even though we are signature dining snobs! So funny how people’s opinions of restaurants can be completely opposite. Perhaps it’s what is ordered that makes the difference.🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree to take everyones suggestions with a grain of salt. Personally, Cape May Dinner Buffet is the only meal I would not revisit. All the rest that people don't like, I have loved and visited in the last year: 'Ohana, BOG lunch and breakfast, 50s Primetime, Skipper Canteen, and BOMA are especially my favorites.

Uh oh...we have a pool day with plans to go to sanaa from SSR for lunch...now second guessing this plan!

I hear almost overwhelmingly positive things about Sanaa, and we had a wonderful dinner there. There's always going to be a dissenting voice or a bad experience for any restaurant. I personally only start to consider avoiding a place if there's a bunch of negative reviews.

One swallow does not a summer make...

I agree to take everyones suggestions with a grain of salt.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^everyone has their own opinion about food, I can't say it was bad, but Garden Grill dinner, something just didn't agree with the digestive system, DW and I both thought the food was "meh" We ate BOG lunch last time, one order wasn't right, waitress fixed it right away. Love Germany, I don't mind sitting with other people, if they want to talk, fine, if they don't, that's fine too. Probably the only other I would not go back to besides Garden Grill is Yorkshire fish and chips, fish was dripping grease. JMHO though, you may try it and have a great meal!!!

Regardless of what people review I recommend you try places at least once. There are people who post who I love reading but they hate Ohana and we eat there between 2 and 3 times a trip but Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom has the somewhat dubious distinction of being the only place in 5 trips of 10 days+ that I asked for a manager and demanded my money back and the girls whom I thought would eat anything called pizza managed about 2 bites each.

And we adore Boatwrights even though we are signature dining snobs! So funny how people’s opinions of restaurants can be completely opposite. Perhaps it’s what is ordered that makes the difference.🤷🏻‍♂️
We went twice and both times were awful. Our whole family didn't eat our meals either times...I really wanted to love it! The fried okra IS NOT real fried okra lol. I am from the south though, and can cook southern food like no one's business lol. We are not a fans of Homecomin either and it is very popular.

We went twice and both times were awful. Our whole family didn't eat our meals either times...I really wanted to love it! The fried okra IS NOT real fried okra lol. I am from the south though, and can cook southern food like no one's business lol. We are not a fans of Homecomin either and it is very popular.
I *wanted* to love Boatwrights. It was not awful but it was disappointing!

Narcooses gave us our worst meal ever.

We ordered steaks and waited so long for them to come they came out stone cold. Then our server disappeared.

We eventually got another server who took them away shaking his head at our server as if it happened often. They gave us free drinks and re did the steaks. This time they came out lukewarm but so salty we could hardly eat them. We gave up paid and left.

AAARRGH! I just managed to add BOG lunch to my plan. I hope it's not awful. I have never been there, so, I hope there is value in just seeing the place!
Plus I can try the schofferhoffer grapefruit, and I can get a cupcake to go with my sandwich incase its really bad! So, I'm sure it'll be OK...
Be Our Guest is still a great place to try at least once, and a great use of a QS meal if you're on the dining plan. It's funny, all the recent complaints about it mention the French dip sandwich, and that's my go-to for BOG lunch! Had it just last Saturday in the west wing room, was satisfied; the wife loves the Tuna Nicoise salad.

The only place I say never again to is BOG dinner (this was before it became 2 credits). We went to enjoy dinner and both my son and I ordered the steak medium well. The first ones both came out red. That's OK - it happens and the waiter was great. The second both came out purple and practically mooing!! We were going to send those back, but this was now 2.5 hours into a meal and we did not want to wait so the waiter eliminated our part of the bill and we went in search of something to eat. The service was great- atmosphere is ok, but 4 steaks not cooked anywhere near correctly... I couldn't trust it again. I am sure this is not common, but that is why I don't bother -too many other options to try.

At least you don't need to compete with me for a reservation there!!!

Be Our Guest is still a great place to try at least once, and a great use of a QS meal if you're on the dining plan. It's funny, all the recent complaints about it mention the French dip sandwich, and that's my go-to for BOG lunch! Had it just last Saturday in the west wing room, was satisfied; the wife loves the Tuna Nicoise salad.
I had to look up what a French Dip Sandwich is. It's not something I had ever heard of before! I am on the Dining Plan and I have never seen inside so, I think, even if I don't like it, I will be happy I have tried it.

When we went a few years ago, BOG had an amazing pork roast that was so moist and so flavorful. I asked for the recipe which is on the Disney recipe thread. We had other items, but I don't recall what we ate. The other food items weren't bad. They just weren't memorable. The pork was delicious, but sadly does not appear to be on the menu any longer. Unless it returns, I doubt we will go again.

I will agree that you should experience it once if you can. The rooms are so beautiful!!

We were unimpressed with our recent NYE dinner at Chefs de France; it wasn’t horrible but was probably our least favorite meal we’ve ever had at Disney. Server was friendly but we felt rushed. Food came out very quickly and was so bland (filet and duck). Veggie/potato sides were cold - clearly they were pre-plated and sitting out. We were in and out in under 45 minutes which is pretty much unheard of for most table service restaurants!

I won't go to Sci-Fi again. Even with a reservation we waited forever for a table like almost an hour past our reservation time. It was freezing and I found out that I don't like eating in a car especially with a toddler who wants to stand up. The food was just okay.

Garden Grill - had poor food once, but really great food twice, and good food twice so we keep going back for the dinner
Tusker House - like it, do the breakfast whenever we can
Liberty Tree Tavern - love the place for dinner and the food is usually really good
50's - never had a bad meal there
Be our Guest - food isn't that good, not since they changed the menu last year, but its the experience of the meal, we do lunch there once in awhile
Cape May - flip a coin on the food, had good and not so good
Chef Mickey's - we've just done the breakfast, never want to go back but going to give the dinner a try
Ohana- did the breakfast, it was ok, but kinda hard to mess up breakfast
Its all subjective and different tastes for different people and the wait staff can have a bad day just like everyone else.
We've had to wait a long time a time or 2 for our ADR but I don't blame the restaurants for that, they can't control how long some people take to eat
While there are some places I don't want to go to again, but I get overruled sometimes and I just hope for the best and sometimes I am pleasantly surprised.

Narcooses gave us our worst meal ever.

We ordered steaks and waited so long for them to come they came out stone cold. Then our server disappeared.

We eventually got another server who took them away shaking his head at our server as if it happened often. They gave us free drinks and re did the steaks. This time they came out lukewarm but so salty we could hardly eat them. We gave up paid and left.
I think we must have had the same server - the wonderful bartender saw how our server had completely abandoned us and he came over to get us drinks and actually get our (cold, not good) entrees to us. We will never return.

Kona Cafe- the food was just plain BAD, overcooked and SO dry. Cottony chicken and dry, hard, chewy scallops. When we asked for a replacement, they were just as bad. The server was mortified at the food quality and sent a manager to the table. He comped the meal, but that wasn't the point. We wanted to go out for a nice, good meal, and that's not what we got- at all.

Sunshine Seasons- I know this place gets a lot of love, but not from us. We eat here when we HAVE to due to timing, not because we like it. We have eaten here three (?) times. Always, the food is of inferior quality (poorly cooked, frozen veggies like from a bag, salty). We won't eat here again.

Chef Mickey's/Hollywood&Vine- We have been to H&V once, but to CM half-a-dozen times. Quality slipped at CM's, but both places were gross. The buffet lines had spilled food, there was food on the floors, tracked around, unattended kids helping themselves to food, touching food, etc., and no cast members monitoring this or stopping them. The places both smelled like food waste piles. Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter