Worst meal experience?

We went in late May/early June and the valet told us that they were no longer offering self parking for anyone not staying there. He said if we wanted to park at Kidani we had to valet.

That's good to know - Sanaa was tasty but not tasty enough to deal with parking issues (esp since I have great local Indian food at a fraction of the cost!).

We did not enjoy...
Le Cellier - worst meal on property - waited way past our ADR time and then we were seated a table near the kitchen. Every time a server exited the kitchen it felt like they were going to spill food on us. My parents desserts were inedible. There are way better steakhouses on property in my opinion.

'Ohana - both meals we were left in the waiting area well past our ADR time. There were just so many service failures. I don't understand as Disney can see who is on a reservation (3 adults) why a table is set up with only 2 coffee cups. Food quality and service have just gone downhill and this used to be a restaurant we loved to go to and recommend others go to.

'50s Prime Time Cafe - Service and Food are just not what they used to be...

Kona Cafe - seated in a horrible location (next to the service area when there were plenty of other tables). Food was not that great either.

I didn't love Biergarten the redeeming quality of that restaurant were our table-mates another lovely family that we enjoyed visiting with so much we skipped Illuminations that night.

QS -Everything Pop - a restaurant I have actually had to return food too...such a horrible food court at dinner. Now we eat breakfast occasionally and snacks and that is it.

For our favorites:
Boma (both meals but really breakfast is shining star)
The Wave (breakfast)
Trails End (dinner - my dad likes the fried chicken)

We have also enjoyed - California Grill, JIKO, Narcoosee's, Flying Fish, Beaches and Cream, Grand Floridian Cafe.

Mamma Melrose's in HS - Poor Service, mediocre food
50s Prime Time Cafe in HS - Poor Service (yes, understand the shtick, but it wasn't that), mediocre food

San Angel Inn Restaurante in Epcot - Poor Service - BUT, might to willing to try again because I love the atmosphere and Mexican food - don't know if it was just an "off night?" or if that's typical there?

So bummed to hear what everyone's saying about O'Hana dinner. We last ate there (dinner) in '15 and really enjoyed it and was looking forward to eating there again this Fall...

For Counter Service- Restaurantasaurus...either experience (regular or the sundae and burger deal) it's too loud, too busy, and the food is not good
For Table Service- Hollywood & Vine...character interaction does not make the food taste any better. Too expensive for what you get.

Sanaa - way overrated in my opinion. We had the first lunch reservation of the day, asked for a window table, hostess said okay but were seated in the middle of the room even though we were the first ones in the restaurant. Others that came in after us were seated at the window. Ordered the 'bread service' that everyone raves about. It was okay, but nothing I would order again. Daughter is vegetarian and ordered a salad of some kind. It came with lots of cilantro (which she hates), but was not listed as an ingredient on the menu. We made a special trip over to AKL and were really disappointed with Sanaa.
Uh oh...we have a pool day with plans to go to sanaa from SSR for lunch...now second guessing this plan!

We love Garden Grill breakfast and could not wait to try Ohana, but it was a horrible experience last July. Server was polite, but food was not good. My son does not eat pineapple and asked for ham without it and it was extremely dry. Juice was wonderful, but otherwise left wondering what people were raving about. With so many restaurants onsite I am not sure we will give this another chance.

Our worst meal experience was by far Sci Fi. I love the theme and the movies. However, we have tried Sci Fi 3 times over the years and between the bad service and the bad food, 3 strikes and they are O-U-T.

With all this ohanas hate makes me think about canceling my adr. I had it in September last year and my whole family enjoyed it

'Ohana is consistently one of our favorite meals.. I could eat that salad and those wings all day! And someone named Le Cellier worst meal on property while it's one of our best... lol Take these reviews for what they are but I say don't let it deter you. Go and form your own opinion. It may just become your favorite too.

I'm going to echo everyone and say this is very subjective. But here is my take,

San Angel Inn-My husband's worst meal was here . He got the combination plate and hated every single thing on it. I got the Pescado A la Talla (catch of the day) and it was my favorite meal of the trip. That said we both loved the ambiance but the tables were WAY WAY to close together and its awkward sitting that close to other people in what otherwise would be a romantic setting. We had a friendly server but the service was very slow. I'd go back in a heartbeat for the same meal. My husband said never again.

50's Prime Time. Again we both loved the ambiance and our server was a hoot. We both got the combination plate and we weren't wow'd by it. Even with an ADR the wait was over 30 minutes. I think they need to cut down on the amount of ADR's they open up and increase the quality of the food.

Kona Cafe- breakfast. There is just nothing special about this restaurant. The food was mediocre and it is wide open to the atrium/lobby area. We were seated next to the area open to the atrium, next to the little coffee bar. and there was a line of people waiting to get in right next to us. I was so close I could have touched them. They all just stand there and look at your food. My DH had the Tonga Toast and he loved it. Both of the boys really liked their food and would ask to go back. But unless we are staying at the Poly, I wouldn't make a special trip just to eat here again.

Sci-Fi- for years this was a must do on every trip and I'd still suggest it for people's first time at WDW. The theme can't be beat. I LOVE watching the old movie clips and cartoons. The food just isn't good and for some reason they have the air-conditioning set so low that you're uncomfortable. We were so cold we didn't enjoy ourselves. DH thinks they do this so people won't linger and they can turn over the tables quickly.

The only two restaurants we won't go back to are Yachtsman Steakhouse and ABC Commissary. Yachtsman had terrible steaks and even worse service. ABC Commissary is the only restaurant we have ever thrown our meal away. Like others have said, it's subjective. Most people love Yachtsman.
I'm with you. I have given Yachtsman's several tries, and still can't figure out why this rates so high. I have had better steaks, elsewhere.

I am heartsick to say this, but 1900 PF dinner. This has always been our family favorite, and I took 15 people there, on our Oct trip, and it was nothing like it used to be. I asked the server, about the changes, and she said the characters are now on a rotation, so we saw Cinderella, mice, and evil stepmother, no prince or sisters. So disappointed. :(

Mine is Tony's. While I've always had great service there, the food was either mediocre or straight up bad each time I've been.

Worst QS was definitely Be Our Guest for lunch. We had a 1230 reservation time and decided to check in at that little window at 1215. They said ok, get in line. The line was all the way across the bridge going over the moat. Took 45 minutes to get over the bridge. So at, 1 pm (reservation time 1230) we get our slip taken and the CM guides us into 1 of 3 different lines that leads to a touch screen station to order our food. Took an additional 45 minutes to get to a touch screen menu. The touch screen ordering station we arrive at is broken. So a CM comes over to help take our order and it takes another fort night. We arrive at our table a little after 2 (reservation time of 1230) and our food came out in like 30 seconds. We both had the French dip and it has to be the worst French dip I've ever had. Bread was like a rock, meat was no good, and the au jus was so salty. It was basically inedible. Sad thing is BoG dinner is one of my favorites.

Worst QS was definitely Be Our Guest for lunch. We had a 1230 reservation time and decided to check in at that little window at 1215. They said ok, get in line. The line was all the way across the bridge going over the moat. Took 45 minutes to get over the bridge. So at, 1 pm (reservation time 1230) we get our slip taken and the CM guides us into 1 of 3 different lines that leads to a touch screen station to order our food. Took an additional 45 minutes to get to a touch screen menu. The touch screen ordering station we arrive at is broken. So a CM comes over to help take our order and it takes another fort night. We arrive at our table a little after 2 (reservation time of 1230) and our food came out in like 30 seconds. We both had the French dip and it has to be the worst French dip I've ever had. Bread was like a rock, meat was no good, and the au jus was so salty. It was basically inedible. Sad thing is BoG dinner is one of my favorites.

Yikes. And that's a "quick service" lunch.

Worst meal is Be Our Guest lunch. I know people want to go there but I find the food quality to be in the disgusting category. We have been many times but never a good meal. Only go to see the place. I would get a dessert and coffee. We were there in Dec and never again for eating. It even smelled like bad cafeteria food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter