Worst Ending to a Disney Trip EVER! (and other things that happened) - UPDATE 6/22!

I don't think I have commented before, but I've been following along on your report. It's good to see you were able to go to Disney Springs for awhile and experience more of that "Disney magic." Plus, some solo time is really refreshing. While I haven't experienced the new parking garage at Springs yet, the red/green light system is what they have over here in Germany, and I love it. I even have an app on my phone that lets my know how many spots are available at the garages in the nearest city to me. I feel like that addition to the Downtown Disney area was a brilliant idea. Saves so much hassle when it comes to parking.

And I just have to say, as a parent, no way would I ever have made someone move their lounge chairs at a water park to accomodate a sleeping kid. If I was worried about shade, I would have walked around until I found an empty spot for my child. Sorry you had to deal with that. Not cool on those guests' part.

Hmm, where to start :scratchin
Blackberry alcoholic lemonade? Yes please!
Your pictures of WL made me happy because I love it and sad because I miss it. I really want to stay there again on our next trip so fingers crossed.......
The first time I met someone from the Dis I felt like the biggest dork going up to them :crazy: lol it was so uncomfortable! But afterwards I was glad I did it; now I've met 4 Dis peeps and it's easier every time. The last 3 we exchanged #'s and were texting beforehand so I think that made it easier :)
I agree about Town Center in DS, while it is very pretty I felt like I was in any upscale mall. I felt better once I hit World of Disney!

Hey! I'm new to your trip report! I just wanted to comment to say I've been really enjoying it so far and looking forward to your next installment. Family trips can be so much fun but tricky at times also especially as the planner!

I actually met Katie on the same trip, we were both staying in AKL! She is lovely!

Shame about the youtube channel you like ending... I've really gotten into watching vlogs lately so I've linked some channels below that I really like that have some disney vlogs you might enjoy

Gillian (this one is my fave she's so funny) I've linked her most recent trip playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6suFCyL8Q_qrvmV-c9FguoyOnd1EnvpR

Tom and Sophie - https://www.youtube.com/user/TJsVlogs

Ellie (has mainly Disneyland Paris vlogs but one trip to WDW last year and she just announced she's moving to WDW to be a cast member!) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2d3WYy57s5ZY4wG796S9tWEgpauYZE7D

Myself and my sister actually started a channel too with some vlogs but it's really only getting started so not a whole lot to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5jJCRLpatEScnG5RVObaPw

Hey! I'm new to your trip report! I just wanted to comment to say I've been really enjoying it so far and looking forward to your next installment. Family trips can be so much fun but tricky at times also especially as the planner!

I actually met Katie on the same trip, we were both staying in AKL! She is lovely!

Shame about the youtube channel you like ending... I've really gotten into watching vlogs lately so I've linked some channels below that I really like that have some disney vlogs you might enjoy

Gillian (this one is my fave she's so funny) I've linked her most recent trip playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6suFCyL8Q_qrvmV-c9FguoyOnd1EnvpR

Tom and Sophie - https://www.youtube.com/user/TJsVlogs

Ellie (has mainly Disneyland Paris vlogs but one trip to WDW last year and she just announced she's moving to WDW to be a cast member!) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2d3WYy57s5ZY4wG796S9tWEgpauYZE7D

Myself and my sister actually started a channel too with some vlogs but it's really only getting started so not a whole lot to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5jJCRLpatEScnG5RVObaPw
Love, love, love Tom and Sophie! Just watched the Ellie announcement (I'm subscribed but never watched otherwise as of yet), and now subscribed to yours!

Ok first off, I loved Joe and Ashley too! My niece actually called me up (we used to watch them all the time together) to tell me they were expecting! We were so happy for them, but so sad too. We haven't finished watching their latest trip yet either. She's almost 17, so it was nice to have something special to do together. I haven't quite found another one that I like quite as much as Joe and Ashley yet.

That food looks good. No fun when someone doesn't want to get into the fun, but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself too.

I totally know what you meant about DTD/DS. I love the Marketplace best because it feels like home. The rest just reminded me of the outlet malls. I didn't mind the Zara store in Spain, but the prices in DS were way more expensive. The US$ and the Euro were almost the same (towards the Canadian $) but the exact same things in Spain were 25 Euro vs $50 in DS. Ouch. Bad enough at 25 Euros for me! I did like the Uniqlo (I think that was the name) store, especially their huge Disney selection. Got a few things like a turtleneck sweater and a sweater dress that I would not expect to get. Not too bad for prices either. But usually it's the Disney stores in the Marketplace I like best. I wish we had some here so I could buy without worrying about the exchange and going over on the duty allowance. LOL

Joining in late, but very excited to read the rest of your report, we were at Disney a short time after you and the Disney Depression really took a hold this time, I'm just starting to get back into the boards again and really looking forward to your trip!

I will get to all of your replies soon - thank you so much for posting, I love reading them.

I am here though for a real life update.

I AM AUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the first time!!!!

AHHHHH!!!!

Jeremy-Renner.gif

It was a rough pregnancy for my sister. In the beginning she had thought she was miscarrying but she hadn't. She had a problem with her uterus and the doctor said that it would be a 50/50 chance that she could still lose the baby. The problem resolved itself a little after mid-term. Then they were worried that the uterus bands (??) were restricting the baby. They weren't. Then they discovered that the baby wasn't growing like it should. The proportions between the head and torso with the limbs were off. And then her placenta was "dying" so they induced her this week.

We didn't know the sex of the baby until now...

It's a girl!!!

Here is my mom with her: (I'm not allowed to post pics of my sister in the aftermath. :rotfl:)

upload_2016-12-7_15-57-2.png

She's 5lbs 3oz. Still little but waaaaay bigger than we'd thought she'd be! And she has no problems. (That we know of yet.)

Our little miracle. We are so lucky that it turned out so well.

upload_2016-12-7_16-10-48.png

She looks like an old man. Hahaha.

Unfortunately, my sister lives 2.5 hours away so I'm not able to see the baby yet. But I can't wait to hold her.

One sister down, one more pregnant one to go - end of Feb!

Last edited:

Isn't it literally the best feeling ever knowing you get to love and spoil that little tiny human...forever!!!! My sister has one little boy and he is the most spoiled, loved kid ever (bet everyone says that haha) She miscarried a baby in July but is now pregnant again and we find out Christmas day the gender. I am dying!!!!!

Congrats! You are going to love this!

Awesome TR thus far!! That's terrible about all of the rain, and Sunshine Seasons.
I'm definitely enjoying all of the updates, so keep them coming!

Congrats on becoming an Aunt!!! She is beautiful! :)

Aww! She's so cute! My birthday is at the end of Feb, so that's a great time to be born for baby #2...You will get to buy so many fun things for them!! I think that's the best part of being an aunt!

Congratulations! The joy of being an aunt never grows old, and with each new baby, you still feel the excitement! (I should know... 21 nieces and nephews, with the triplets just born 3.5 weeks ago, but they live, well, hours away! On an airplane!)

Isn't it literally the best feeling ever knowing you get to love and spoil that little tiny human...forever!!!! My sister has one little boy and he is the most spoiled, loved kid ever (bet everyone says that haha) She miscarried a baby in July but is now pregnant again and we find out Christmas day the gender. I am dying!!!!!

Congrats! You are going to love this!

Thank you! It's a totally weird feeling to have your family grow from the ground up. Before, we grew by people marrying in. Now, we get to help shape them. It's so strange but so cool!!!

I'm so sorry that your sister lost the baby but so glad you all are getting a second chance so soon. How nerve wracking!! But what a great present on Christmas day to know the gender. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Congratulations! She's adorable princess: I'm glad everyone is doing well.

Thank you!! :Pinkbounc

Awesome TR thus far!! That's terrible about all of the rain, and Sunshine Seasons.
I'm definitely enjoying all of the updates, so keep them coming!

Congrats on becoming an Aunt!!! She is beautiful! :)

Thank you and thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying my TR! :teeth:

Congrats on the birth of your niece! How beautiful and precious!

Thank you! :hyper:

Wow congrats! What a roller coaster that must have been!!

For sure! She still has a few issues but nothing serious. Once she grows a bit, it'll all work out.

Aww! She's so cute! My birthday is at the end of Feb, so that's a great time to be born for baby #2...You will get to buy so many fun things for them!! I think that's the best part of being an aunt!

Thank you! My bday is Feb too - Feb bdays unite! :grouphug:

I can't wait to spoil them and send them home! :lmao:

The baby is just perfect! Congratulations on becoming an aunt.

Thank you! We definitely think she's perfect. ;)

Congratulations Auntie! :cool1: She is adorable!

Thank you!! :love:

Congratulations! The joy of being an aunt never grows old, and with each new baby, you still feel the excitement! (I should know... 21 nieces and nephews, with the triplets just born 3.5 weeks ago, but they live, well, hours away! On an airplane!)

Whoa! :eek: You must be a pro at being an aunt! Congratulations on all of your kiddos! Too bad they live so far. Boo.

Great update! For one, we are staying at WL in June...my first time, though I have always wanted to! Second, we are planning to eat at WCC. My DH loves BBQ and I think my boys will like the antics. I'm a little annoyed though, bc when I first decided to eat here they had a crab cake appetizer that I had planned to order, along with a side, an adult drink, and a dessert. But its gone off the menu now. Boo! The next thing on my list would be the steak but that is so much more food and it's a lot more expensive. I'm hoping the crab cake was seasonal and maybe comes back.

I hate it when they change up menus. It always seems like my favorite things get axed or changed. So frustrating. I hope that the crab cakes come back. Maybe you can mention something to your server. They might serve them at the lounge.

Oh and I'm also a huge SeeYaRealSoon fan and I did watch that particular blog where he surprised her with a stay at WL but I haven't watched any more of that trip. I will definitely have to do that before our trip.

That was a good trip, you'll definitely have to watch it all before you go. It'll really get you in the mood for WL!

Food looks great and I'm so glad they were able to accommodate yours and your Mom's allergies. Glad you got some alone time at DS.

Thank you. I'm finding more and more as I get older I just need some time to myself to recharge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter