Worst Ending to a Disney Trip EVER! (and other things that happened) - UPDATE 6/22!

I hate it when they change up menus. It always seems like my favorite things get axed or changed. So frustrating. I hope that the crab cakes come back. Maybe you can mention something to your server. They might serve them at the lounge.
Maybe I will try that! :)

That was a good trip, you'll definitely have to watch it all before you go. It'll really get you in the mood for WL!
I'm on Day 9 of that trip now! I couldn't wait. I started it as soon as I read about it here! :)

Do you want to participate in May? I think it would be (possibly) fun. But I could go either way.

Yeah, I'd like to participate. I would like the whole experience. I was mainly concerned about my dad.

I think I saw that one! I don't watch their vlogs though. I have a hard time getting into vlogs, I have to really really like the person's personality. I'm really picky. The only ones I watch regularly are the ohyeahdisney, gillianatdisney, and the disunplugged podcasts/videos.

I haven't even heard of those ones. I'll have to check them out!

I can't wait to see the Wilderness

So much fun to have new experiences at Disney!

I kind of think my dad would not be happy with "ruckus" either, but he also will leave any restaurant that tells him there's a wait though. :laughing:

:rotfl2:

This isn't as bad, but sometimes the people I watch don't vlog every trip so they can have more time to themselves, and I'm always kind of disappointed we don't get to see every trip. :hug: (I always think this emoji looks weird, but I'm offering you hugs

Awww. Thanks. I agree that's disappointing. I'm sure it must be lots of work to vlog. I think TRs can be lots of work. Fun. But work.

So if when we met we both look crazy it'll be okay :rotfl:

Oh I can guarantee I'm going to look crazy.

Like this?

dontlook.gif

Haha. Yes.

I love the attraction plates! I'm always afraid they'll break on the trip home though.

I brought one home for a gift and it made it just fine. They do a really good job of wrapping it up and I put it on my carry on and was pretty careful. No problem.

I got my dad a Grumpy shirt the first time we went :rotfl:

Haha. I think our dads would be friends.

Sorry about the family drama at WC...what can you do. The food looked awesome though. OMG I want those Epcot plates!! So cool!

Yeah, what can you do? Family just is drama. I loved the Epcot plates as well - esp SE. I'll maybe have to pick them up this May.

First, I promise I haven't been ignoring you! I've still been reading along, just haven't had a whole lot of time to comment :flower3:

No problem at all. I hear you! It's so easy to fall behind. I'm far behind with your stuff for sure!

Love, love, love SeeYaRealSoon. I think I've watched that exact episode 4 or 5 times..."Are you serious????" They are adorable

Haha. I like when they're on a Rollercoaster - Woo ho! Hoop-de-doo! Or their Muppets Most Wanted phase.

I always watched them while walking on the treadmill. It's like I was walking along with them ....see total geek :rolleyes1

Fun!!!!

I have a Dad who can be a grumpy gills at times too, so I totally get this. I always feel like I have to be the one to smooth over things for everyone while I'm quietly freaking out inside.

Yeeeees. Try to keep that calm smile....

, I did! I'm walking on the treadmill crying, it wasn't pretty. It was like an end of an era for me or something ...:sad2: They were the first Disney travel vlogs I ever watched. Now I have others to creep on :rolleyes:

Same here! They posted on FB to say hi to everyone and I felt a pang to see them. Come baaaaack!!

I'm so glad to hear this! That's where we are eating our first night there

What did you think????

Sometimes all we need is a little alone time to make everything right again.

Here, Here!

I'm loud and unaware of my weirdness, I'd probably have yelled across the room at Katie like, "I'm on the Disboards and I recognize you!" <--- But I wasn't always comfortable doing things like that. It's situational.

Haha. Maybe if my dad hadn't been upset and if I hadn't been upset either about my dad and SeeYaReelSoon. Maybe I'll get another chance someday!

Actually, I did that on our last trip...there was a woman who had a running TR about leaving her life behind and becoming a photopass CM at WDW. I saw her out taking pictures and initially didn't stop, but then I went back to speak to her and tell her who I was and I followed along with her. She was so nice and gave me a hug, and took some fun pictures for us :-)
I was going to keep walking, we were headed out of the park, but my husband encouraged me to go back. I'm glad he did, it was a nice experience.

I read that TR too! That's so cool that you got to see her. And good for you for going back!

I just want to walk into Disney Springs and throw money in the air screaming, "Take it all!!" I love the glasses, and I plan to pick up some of the coasters in a couple weeks.

Haha. :rotfl2:

I don't think I have commented before, but I've been following along on your report.

Welcome to commenting! From Germany. So cool!!

I even have an app on my phone that lets my know how many spots are available at the garages in the nearest city to me.

I want this for here in Minneapolis.

And I just have to say, as a parent, no way would I ever have made someone move their lounge chairs at a water park to accomodate a sleeping kid. If I was worried about shade, I would have walked around until I found an empty spot for my child. Sorry you had to deal with that. Not cool on those guests' part.

Thanks. It's good to hear a parent's perspective. I never know what's appropriate.

What did you think????

Well funny you should ask....we never made it there :rolleyes1

My DH decided the night before that we should go to MK for a few hours on our arrival night since it was open late, which was not in the original plan, so I cancelled our ADR and we ended up going to Columbia Harbour House for dinner

Day 6 Part 1 – Chewbacca…I’m coming!!

As you can tell from the title, we were going to Hollywood Studios today.

We got to the dock – no boat – so we decided to walk to HS. Once again, we like to move under our own steam. And continuously. Waiting for the docking and un-docking can be torture. Especially if one is anxious to get to where she is going!

And let’s be honest, I am always anxious to get where I am going. It’s the destination, not the journey for me!

upload_2016-12-22_11-47-0.png

The walk from the Swan to HS is a little strange but completely do-able. There is a walkway that goes behind the Boardwalk and through some wilderness to a parking lot and then to the park entrance. It also goes under a bridge that seems a little sketch though it does have lights under it. No one else was walking on the path. Maybe because they are smarter? Or just more patient. Or not as cool as us.

You decide.

As we were walking, I noticed that I had gotten burnt yesterday. My shoulders felt a little tight and tender. Oops!

The boat passed us on our walk but only got there a little before us. It was about a 20min walk so not bad at all though it did seem kind of long. We got through bag check with no metal detectors this time. Yay!

The park was already open when we got to the tapstiles. There was a very confused family in front of us. They had no idea how to work them. It must have been their first day. They couldn’t understand the finger part. Or the mickey to mickey part. Or the entire concept of the MB. <sigh> I get it. We were all newbies at one time but they were all on the four tapstiles so we couldn’t sneak through!

C’mon, c’mon, c’mon!!

PCS-Move-1.gif

I really really wanted to help out. I could tell that they just needed to watch someone do it. The CM was telling them what to do but I could tell they weren’t paying attention to her while they just kept trying over and over again. She eventually shooed them to one side and we were able to get through on the other.

We never did find out if they got it in the end. They’re probably still there, trying to get into HS.

I didn’t care though (gasp!) because I was on a mission to see Chewbacca!! I had heard that the lines for him got really long and this was a MUST DO for me.

MUUUUUST DOOOOOOOO

When I was in 6th grade, my family took a trip to WDW. (Early 90s) I was a huge Star Wars fan practically from birth. Chewbacca was my absolute favorite character. And who do you think I saw immediately after exiting Star Tours back in the day? Yes! My hero! I wish I could find the picture because it’s a riot. I’m a small shrimp dressed in big short and a big shirt with a hat and a fanny pack. And I am being dwarfed by this hairy creature but I have a HUGE smile on my face.

**The Force Awakens Spoiler Alert - If they would have killed off Chewbacca in that movie, I would have walked out of the theater. I almost did when they killed off Han but Chewbacca is an automatic h#ll no from me.**

So yeah, I was just a liiiittle excited about seeing him again.

Rope drop was super chill. No one was running to get anywhere. I thought that was really weird but maybe a product of FP+??

upload_2016-12-22_11-48-43.png

As we entered the Launch Bay, we were stopped by stormtroopers who wanted to confiscate my recording device (cell phone). We managed to distract them enough to slip away. Disaster averted. There was no way I was going in to meet Chewbacca without my cell phone.

As we hurried along, my dad kept asking where we were going. Dad! Schedule! Seriously??

We found the Chewbacca meet and got in line. With a red card!

upload_2016-12-22_11-49-0.png

Mom explained to Dad what we were doing. He seemed a bit perplexed but was fine. He loves Star Wars too so I don’t know what was confusing him.

It took about 5-7min and then we got in. I immediately went in to fan girl mode though I had promised myself that I would be more dignified than that. I basically squealed and rushed over with my arms wide open, saying, “I’m so happy to see you – you’re my FAVORITE!”

Chewbacca, bless his heart, greeted me with open arms and hugged me tight.

upload_2016-12-22_11-49-54.png

He also hugged my mom and we got a pic together and the one with just me.

upload_2016-12-22_11-50-27.png

upload_2016-12-22_12-48-19.png

upload_2016-12-22_12-53-37.png

As we were leaving, Chewbacca said some stuff to me (Unfortunately, I do not speak Wookiee. Major bummer.) and then gave me one last really big Wookiee strong hug. I practically melted into a puddle on the floor, I was so happy.

It was hard to leave but I did it. On the way out of the launch bay we were stopped by Jawas but we didn’t have anything they wanted.

upload_2016-12-22_13-2-7.png

The Launch Bay had very cool theming but I didn’t stop to look around. I totally should have but for some reason, I was in total focus mode. Probably because I had another surprise for my parents (which as you know wouldn’t seem like a surprise to them because they don’t read the schedule) but I was a little nervous on what they would think. Especially after the Whispering Canyon Café. In times of anxiety or stress, I religiously follow The Plan. And TSMM was next on The Plan.

We did stop to interact with a mini-R2D2 and a mini-BB8 in the gift shop.

upload_2016-12-22_13-3-0.png

The CM controlling them was really good because it took me awhile to figure out that it was her doing it! And we were the only ones in the shop so she was awesome.

CONTINUED NEXT POST

Last edited:
upload_2016-12-22_13-4-59.png

After we left the Launch Bay, we went to TSMM even though we had a FP+ for later in the day. TSMM was a walk on. It was crazy. This was well after rope drop so I was surprised. The crowds must be really low today. It also could be because they now have that second track for TSMM.

We were diverted to the new track. I couldn’t quite figure out the configuration in my head but I think it is just on the other side of the wall next to the track is the original track. Not sure.

upload_2016-12-22_13-5-27.png

While we were waiting to get put into our ride slots, we had a very interesting interaction (read: freaky) with a tween girl. She was telling us all about TSMM and then asked how we liked her outfit. It was nothing special. Just clothes. We said that we liked it and then she said that she was going to be wearing a costume for the MNSSHP that night. She then whispered her costume to us and we couldn’t hear because it was pretty loud in the loading area. I asked her what she said but she didn’t want to tell us any louder because she didn’t want anyone stealing her costume idea. We just nodded and smiled and I really really hoped that the line would move a little faster because this was getting really weird.

How do these people find me??? This is not the first strange line encounter that I’ve had. I think I have one of those faces that make me super approachable. Which can be really helpful but also have some major drawbacks.

I tried to surreptitiously shuffle my parents down the line and close enough to a CM that she would place us in the slots.

It didn’t work.

The girl (whose parents were somewhere ahead, we saw them in the beginning of the conversation but then they just left. Weird!) told us that we had to look for her at MNSSHP that night. I said that we weren’t going and she just stared at us in shock. And then she asked how we were going to see her costume if we weren’t going??

I just shrugged and she just stood there with her mouth open.

Um, AWKWARD.

VlbwJ.gif

FINALLY the CM pulled us to very different slot locations and we never saw her again. Whew. Though I do wonder what she could have possibly been wearing to MNSSHP that night that was so special.

TSMM was amazing, as usual. I love being flung around the corners. And I am super competitive so the combination of a game plus the flinging really gets my blood going. YAY!

When we were getting out of the vehicles, the CM said “Glasses to the left, exit to the right.” So I proceeded to drop off my glasses and then head to the right, calling for my parents who were going the wrong direction. Except it was me who was going in the wrong direction.

The CM just shook his head in mock sadness at my poor navigation skills. My parents thought it was extremely hilarious. Probably because I’m getting a well deserved come-uppance.

In my defense, though, when he said glass to the left, exit to the right it sounds like you put your glasses in one direction and then go the other. What he meant was “exit to the right, the glasses drop off is to the left as you exit.”

Embarrassing but, oh well, I totally deserved it – I did not listen to directions.

shame.gif

Because TSMM was a walk on, we decided to go around and do it again. It was about a 10min wait this time. We got diverted to the new track again but there was no weird tween this time. The CM that shut the door and checked our restraints told me to make sure that I exited properly this time.

HAHA.

It was the CM from the exit platform! They really switch jobs quickly. And apparently I was super memorable…

I assured him that I would exit properly and we were off! I won both games. YAAYYY!

Did I mention I’m competitive??

We had already done three major things and we hadn’t even been here an hour yet. I love rope drop. It really messes with my jam to come later in the day.

Our ToT FP+ was up so we went there. This is my dad’s favorite ride in all of WDW. It’s pretty kick-*ss . I love it too. Not quite as much as EE but really close.

upload_2016-12-22_13-6-55.png

I do this pic at least once every trip!

upload_2016-12-22_13-7-8.png

Such wonderful theming! I love it!

upload_2016-12-22_13-7-39.png

With these low crowds there is so much we can get done!

Up next….

Day 6 Part 2 – Darn, the Empire found me!

Last edited:
Well funny you should ask....we never made it there :rolleyes1

My DH decided the night before that we should go to MK for a few hours on our arrival night since it was open late, which was not in the original plan, so I cancelled our ADR and we ended up going to Columbia Harbour House for dinner

Oh no, too bad! But MK and the Sea Tavern :rotfl: are a good choice too!

As you can tell from the title, we were going to Hollywood Studios today.​
Yay! :cool1:
We got to the dock – no boat – so we decided to walk to HS. Once again, we like to move under our own steam. And continuously. Waiting for the docking and un-docking can be torture. Especially if one is anxious to get to where she is going!​
Ugh I hate loading and unloading procedures too. I'm anxious and we're always running late.​
And let’s be honest, I am always anxious to get where I am going. It’s the destination, not the journey for me!​
Same.​
They’re probably still there, trying to get into HS.​
Probably, we probably saw them on our trip. No one could figure out how to get in. :rotfl:
I didn’t care though (gasp!) because I was on a mission to see Chewbacca!! I had heard that the lines for him got really long and this was a MUST DO for me.​
Yay! We actually didn't find Chewbacca's like long later on (Kylo Ren's was longer) but we did go in a different month and I think crowds were just good that moment because people piled in after we got there. But some other meet and greets were busier than I thought they'd be.​
When I was in 6th grade, my family took a trip to WDW. (Early 90s) I was a huge Star Wars fan practically from birth. Chewbacca was my absolute favorite character. And who do you think I saw immediately after exiting Star Tours back in the day? Yes! My hero! I wish I could find the picture because it’s a riot. I’m a small shrimp dressed in big short and a big shirt with a hat and a fanny pack. And I am being dwarfed by this hairy creature but I have a HUGE smile on my face.​
Aw :rolleyes:
As we hurried along, my dad kept asking where we were going. Dad! Schedule! Seriously??​
:rotfl:
Mom explained to Dad what we were doing. He seemed a bit perplexed but was fine. He loves Star Wars too so I don’t know what was confusing him.​
Maybe he thought you were going to meet the real Chewbacca? And he didn't feel ready to meet his idol.​
:confused: :rotfl2:
We'll pretend it's that.​
Chewbacca, bless his heart, greeted me with open arms and hugged me tight.​
Aw :rolleyes:
I practically melted into a puddle on the floor, I was so happy.​
It was hard to leave but I did it.​
This was how I felt when I met Nick Wilde. I loved meeting Chewbacca too but they practically had to drag me away from Nick. :hug:
On the way out of the launch bay we were stopped by Jawas but we didn’t have anything they wanted.​
They tried to take our backpack but it was too heavy :laughing:
I asked her what she said but she didn’t want to tell us any louder because she didn’t want anyone stealing her costume idea. We just nodded and smiled and I really really hoped that the line would move a little faster because this was getting really weird.​
How do these people find me??? This is not the first strange line encounter that I’ve had. I think I have one of those faces that make me super approachable. Which can be really helpful but also have some major drawbacks.​
That's so weird! People only talk to me in line sometimes. Maybe I'm not approachable looking. I'm fine with that as long as I don't have to have strange. conversations I do that enough with customers (and Cheryl) at work.​
The girl (whose parents were somewhere ahead, we saw them in the beginning of the conversation but then they just left. Weird!) told us that we had to look for her at MNSSHP that night. I said that we weren’t going and she just stared at us in shock. And then she asked how we were going to see her costume if we weren’t going??​
I just shrugged and she just stood there with her mouth open.​
Um, AWKWARD.​
cid:1C5D73BC-88A6-4D7D-8AF3-2BECA64EF099@mobilenotes.apple.com
That's so weird they'd assume that too. But we did notice when we went and MVMCP was coming up (we did 1/3 that were during our stay) everyone assumed you were going that night. For people that work there I assume it's a marketing strategy to get people to ask more questions if they don't know about it and to raise interest. But for other people there to assume that's a little weirder.​
I won both games. YAAYYY!​
Yay! :cheer2: I won too! Actually I won all shooting games on this trip. I'm not usually very competitive (well now that I'm winning I am) and Josh is great at video games, but I guess I'm a better shot than him. Except in Buzz, we can't ever figure out where we're shooting in Buzz.​

Love your Chewie hug!! Also, you are right, Rope Drop is the best and the only time nowadays to really get a lot done without a whole lotta waiting and planning...it's like the only time you can be spontaneous...but still have to rush lol. You are so lucky to have gone on TSMM so many times!

I don't know how people visit the parks without doing rope drop. You get so much done in that first hour.

Love your Chewbacca meet and greet. You can tell how excited you were in your photos.

2 turns on TSMM without a FP? That's awesome. From what I've heard the additional track has really helped with wait times.

I probably would've made that directional mistake too, if I'd heard it worded like that. But then again, I'm pretty awful with navigation. When we were meeting Talking Mickey one time, the CM directed us into the "holding" room, but didn't say which way to go, so I turned left instead of right and ran smack dab into the guests waiting in the FP line. They looked at me like I had three heads, and I was super embarrassed. But it happens. There's a lot going on at Disney and a lot of hallways. And after going through so many queues and just finishing up on a ride that turns you all around, it's easy to get mixed up.

Probably, we probably saw them on our trip. No one could figure out how to get in. :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Yay! We actually didn't find Chewbacca's like long later on (Kylo Ren's was longer) but we did go in a different month and I think crowds were just good that moment because people piled in after we got there. But some other meet and greets were busier than I thought they'd be.

I want him to be busy and I don't want him to be busy. I want him busy enough that they keep him there but I don't want it to be busy when I want to see him. It's all about me. :laughing:

Maybe he thought you were going to meet the real Chewbacca? And he didn't feel ready to meet his idol. :confused: :rotfl2:We'll pretend it's that.​

Yeeeaaah. I'm sure that's what it was...:rolleyes:

This was how I felt when I met Nick Wilde. I loved meeting Chewbacca too but they practically had to drag me away from Nick. :hug:

That is SO COOL that you got to meet Nick. And your selfie with him was AWESOME! When you sent it to me I was at my sister's visiting the new baby and I squealed really loud and then said, "IT'S NICK!" and then showed everyone the picture. My sister and her husband were in the kitchen and thought that there was something wrong with the baby. Apparently, as new parents, they are a little on edge. :scared: I didn't even realize that they thought something was wrong until I saw my brother-in-law hanging from the counter because his knees had given out. OOOPS! Luckily, they were really good about it and didn't get mad at me. My sister couldn't stop laughing. Well, it was probably that or crying for her. I felt really bad but I also thought it was hilarious too.

They tried to take our backpack but it was too heavy :laughing:

Haha. WHAT do you have in there??

I'm fine with that as long as I don't have to have strange. conversations I do that enough with customers (and Cheryl) at work.

Maybe, when we go, our faces will cancel each other out and no one will talk to us in line. At least, no one weird. Or you'll get to experience first hand the weirdness that follows me!

Except in Buzz, we can't ever figure out where we're shooting in Buzz.

Can anyone tell? I thought this last trip was the worst ever. I had no clue where I was shooting. I used to get close to Galactic Hero but now I'm lucky if I get halfway there. They really need to refurb that ride!

Love your Chewie hug!! Also, you are right, Rope Drop is the best and the only time nowadays to really get a lot done without a whole lotta waiting and planning...it's like the only time you can be spontaneous...but still have to rush lol. You are so lucky to have gone on TSMM so many times!

I was so glad to get the hug AND that they got it so well in photopass!

I know! So lucky!! I'm so glad that we are able to visit during slower (but really hot) periods so that we get a chance to do things again and again.

I don't know how people visit the parks without doing rope drop. You get so much done in that first hour.

Love your Chewbacca meet and greet. You can tell how excited you were in your photos.

2 turns on TSMM without a FP? That's awesome. From what I've heard the additional track has really helped with wait times.

I probably would've made that directional mistake too, if I'd heard it worded like that. But then again, I'm pretty awful with navigation. When we were meeting Talking Mickey one time, the CM directed us into the "holding" room, but didn't say which way to go, so I turned left instead of right and ran smack dab into the guests waiting in the FP line. They looked at me like I had three heads, and I was super embarrassed. But it happens. There's a lot going on at Disney and a lot of hallways. And after going through so many queues and just finishing up on a ride that turns you all around, it's easy to get mixed up.

The days that we went later on in the morning were not happy days for me. I need to ease into the crowds not have them slammed into my face when we arrive.

It was really smart of them to add that second track. Especially with a lot of HS under construction.

I'm terrible with navigation too. Unless I really study a map. If I have to do it in my head or if someone gives me verbal north/south/east/west directions, I'm hopeless. I always feel like I'm facing north. I need "turn right at the McDonalds" or "go left at the end of the ramp".

I'm very visual and I love maps. They are a lifesaver!

I want him to be busy and I don't want him to be busy. I want him busy enough that they keep him there but I don't want it to be busy when I want to see him. It's all about me. :laughing:
:rotfl:

That is SO COOL that you got to meet Nick. And your selfie with him was AWESOME! When you sent it to me I was at my sister's visiting the new baby and I squealed really loud and then said, "IT'S NICK!" and then showed everyone the picture. My sister and her husband were in the kitchen and thought that there was something wrong with the baby. Apparently, as new parents, they are a little on edge. :scared: I didn't even realize that they thought something was wrong until I saw my brother-in-law hanging from the counter because his knees had given out. OOOPS! Luckily, they were really good about it and didn't get mad at me. My sister couldn't stop laughing. Well, it was probably that or crying for her. I felt really bad but I also thought it was hilarious too.

:rotfl: oops.

Haha. WHAT do you have in there??
Josh likes to pack everything. I've always told him we could carry a lighter bag, but he doesn't like my little drawstring bags I have at home. Then when it's heavy he says it's because I packed a ton of stuff! I usually only put clothes in there during the trip, we had some heavier clothes for night so I think that's why it was heavy some days, but he packed all his chargers, his psvita, kindle etc each day but it couldn't be that :scratchin

Maybe, when we go, our faces will cancel each other out and no one will talk to us in line. At least, no one weird. Or you'll get to experience first hand the weirdness that follows me!

:rotfl: we could also bring Cheryl and set her loose on the other weirdos. I bet she could distract them with really weird conversations.

Can anyone tell? I thought this last trip was the worst ever. I had no clue where I was shooting. I used to get close to Galactic Hero but now I'm lucky if I get halfway there. They really need to refurb that ride!

No one can, we didn't even go on it this trip. Last trip we did twice, and it was really annoying. Josh usually wins at that game, but he doesn't even like playing it. It does!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter