Wonderful Wonder sailed January 25- 29, 2009

Great pictures!! We've been clothes shopping for the kids at the same places, I got one of those dresses and bathing suits for my girls (also a mom of twin girls - 5 years old! and a boy almost 3)

We leave for the parks 2/22, we cruise back to back 2/26 and 3/1, I can't wait! your trip report got me even more excited and looks like the weather was nice! Coming from Chicago we can't wait to get out of the FREEZE!

Great pictures!! We've been clothes shopping for the kids at the same places, I got one of those dresses and bathing suits for my girls (also a mom of twin girls - 5 years old! and a boy almost 3)

We leave for the parks 2/22, we cruise back to back 2/26 and 3/1, I can't wait! your trip report got me even more excited and looks like the weather was nice! Coming from Chicago we can't wait to get out of the FREEZE!

YOu start your cruise the same day as us. Are you on the wonder 3 night? that is when we go.:cool1:

If so what deck are you on. We are on deck 2. We have a 9 and 6 year old.:grouphug:

Hi Tammy! :wave2:

Just found your trip report - it's fun to read about your family's time on the cruise! It's funny, but after our DIS meet on that first day I don't think we saw anyone again except for Ramon & his family for the rest of the cruise - it was like everyone just disappeared! lol Glad to hear you guys enjoyed yourselves! I am so glad we had such a beautiful day on CC because we didn't end up able to dock on our 3 night :( Not sure if you've been back over to the meets thread lately, but wanted to let you know that I posted our DIS meet pic there.

Loved reading your trip report! We're sailing on our first Disney cruise 5 April with our 6 yo twins and 4 yo. It's so helpful to read your tips and how you handled the shows, activities and all, especially with similarly aged kids. Please add anything else that you think of. Thank you!

Great pics of your beautiful family, too!

Tammy
It was great reading your report...I was glad to know that we werent the only ones stuck in our rooms at 930-10pm every night lol!

I agree with you when you said it is a great cruise for kids...the only downfall is the lack of adult time...when the kids finally were able to stay up for a bit on the last night...we headed downstairs to the adult area after we dropped them off and it was completely EMPTY!!! So you werent missing anything :)

Do you think you guys would book again??

Great review! Glad you had a great time... we are looking forward to our first Disney cruise next month, and we're a little anxious as we are two adults who have cruised many other lines... but not disney.

A few quick questions:

-Is it true that the music in for the shows are prerecorded? Does this take away from the shows?
-Was there any fly-on entertainment... magic shows, comedians, etc.?
-Were there any bands or singers by the pool or throughout the ship?
-Do you know what time is the earliest time we can board?

Thanks.

Please tell me more about the Playhouse Disney Dance party. Your trip report is the first I had heard of this. My DD loves the one during extra magic hours at Disney Studios.

we cruise back to back 2/26 and 3/1, I can't wait!

We're cruising with you on 3/1!

HI.. I posted about the dance but it's disappeared hmm.. well anyways..

The dance party is scheduled at the same time almost as a character meet but the meet for us was with mickey and minnie and stitch.. so we just got in line way early before 9 the scheduled time for it and we were like 4th in line.. so we were able to make the dance party at 9:15. So if you see these guys before this then you won't have to hurry for them both! oh by the way the party is the day at sea day! So anyways.. there is a dj and she plays the songs and talks to the kids and gets them to dance with her.. they are all songs from playhouse disney.. the dance lasts a half hour and no video or anything just the music.. would have been cool if a character was there but i guess that would distract! it is a nice break from running around and the kids really enjoyed it! Have fun!

Thanks, I was wondering if characters were there like the Playhouse Dance Party during EMH at Disney Studios, but guess not. No worries if we miss it then.

I enjoyed reading your trip report. Cute kids!! We are considering a :sail: cruise for the end of January in 2010. I think I saw in your report a note about weather. How was the weather throughout your trip? I think it was about 80 while you were at Castaway Cay? Also, how were the seas? My DW will be a first time cruiser and is very concerned with motion sickness. Can you reassure her? Thanks!

:tink: pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter