Wonderful Wonder sailed January 25- 29, 2009

tammythetwinsmom

Mouseketeer
Welcome to our Trip report! We had a wonderful time on the Wonder... I have navigators so any questions ask away.. I'll try to post them soon!

Our party me (36) hubby (37) ddtwins(7) dd (5) plus mil and milbf :)

We started planning this trip months and months ago and sad it is over! It is definately a cruise for children.. they had so much to choose from and so much to do! I must say now my favorite was the day at Castaway Cay.. they really know how to do it there! :thumbsup2

Will get started with the report in a few in between laundry loads :)

Welcome to our Trip report! We had a wonderful time on the Wonder... I have navigators so any questions ask away.. I'll try to post them soon!

Our party me (36) hubby (37) ddtwins(7) dd (5) plus mil and milbf :)

We started planning this trip months and months ago and sad it is over! It is definately a cruise for children.. they had so much to choose from and so much to do! I must say now my favorite was the day at Castaway Cay.. they really know how to do it there! :thumbsup2

Will get started with the report in a few in between laundry loads :)

Can't wait to hear and see pictures:):cool1:

Sunday- arrived at the port around 11am or so... we received the #11 card to board... super easy check in and then went over and signed the kids in with the club right there before boarding.. Fill the online forms out for the club... makes it easier as they just gave the kids their armbands... me the pager and said have fun! When I was checking in the kids went and saw Goofy and got pics with him...
Mickey came out later and we walked by him as the line was long by then! They called our number and walked on... they announced our arrival and we were all set! We went to Parrot Cay for lunch. (We preferred this buffet over Beach Blanket ... more on this later!) We then went and checked out the club ages 5- 7 and by then it was already 1:30! So we went to our rooms and changed and met our Dis board group for our 2pm meeting by the Mickey Pool... the kids were in the pool there and then wanted to go to Goofy’s Pool... they were both full of course but not as full as the day at sea lol!

We had a blast at the sail away party after our wonderful drill and went to our room to watch us sail away (as it was a little breezy up top) and waved to everyone on shore from our room with the lovely balcony... room #8502... Awesome room

IMG_3051.jpg
[/IMG]

We had the APPT rotation for dinner so had dinner at Animator’s Palate our first night... the kids left early from dinner almost every night and tonight they left just before 7 as they had to catch the welcome party! We took a little longer to finish and then went and picked the kids up to go to the show... We loved the Golden Mickey’s and the girls went to the red carpet and were interviewed... which is cool as they are shown “live” inside on the big screen while you are waiting for the show.. They loved that! I video taped it with my camera so they could see it! Alas the kids were tired and we went back to our room and went to bed!! Very exciting day! We missed the luau in the club since it was at 9:45 jeez that’s late for a 5- 7 year old!

Tips for the day:
1. Get the kids to the Red Carpet arrival just before the show!
2. The pool towels aren’t in clear view but inside the wooden cupboards on the decks... there are also cupboards for garbage and dirty towels too! All very posh lol!

I'll try to figure how to post pics later!

Monday – Nassau

We went to the princess gathering at 8:15 and were there in line for a while! We went to breakfast at Beach Blanket Buffet and didn’t care for the line there... we had to wait in line and then the food line is like going thru a cafeteria and push your trays ahead of you.. Well with three kids it was hard to get everyone their food and myself so I had very little! Plus the line was long to get back in line again so I didn’t get much to eat that am...

.. We didn’t have an excursion planned so we just headed off the ship to say we had been there and went to the straw market… the kids each picked out a gift and then walked back!
The pool was great and this by far was the best day for it… besides the pool being empty the weather was hot and no clouds in the sky! The kids also went to the club again... they made mouse pads (very cool) and played for a while... we also ran and made kites for castaway cay which we didn’t have time to fly! Dd (5) stayed at the club and the rest of us went to play family bingo... we didn’t win anything boohoo... We had dinner at Parrot Cay and the kids left early tonight to make Flubber! We then picked 1 of them up to watch Toy Story the Musical... the other 2 stayed for the glow jam and chillin in the club... we were paged just before the musical ended so had to run and get them... they were tired out and falling asleep! So once again everyone asleep by 9:30 or so...

Tuesday – Castaway Cay

We got up and had breakfast at Triton’s – we loved it there with excellent breakfast food! It is a sit down restaurant but worth it...

IMG_3158.jpg
[/IMG]
We headed off the ship and started our pirate scavenger hunt... the first one at the post office is hard but after that we sailed along with them and found the treasure at the end of the day! We would do the hunt then go back to the beach and picked up the hunt around 3ish... one of my girls checked into scuttle’s cove and did the treasure hunt with them! Close to lunch time I went and checked to see if she wanted to eat lunch with us and another one decided she wanted to check in so they both stayed with the club to each lunch! Awesome just 1 kid to have to feed wahoo... but let me tell you lunch was awesome! (the kids at the cove were handed lunch in a plate already set up for them and didn’t have to go thru a line just had to sit down! ) By far the best beach and the food was pretty good! It wasn’t crowded when we went to eat at 11:30 and they had great ribs and the fresh fruit bar was awesome! At 1pm the girls went to the hula at the gazebo and lilo and stitch showed up for a few minutes is all... most disappointed I think they hung around for a song to two? Then at 1:30 they started a dance party and goofy and Pluto and chip and dale came to dance for a while at least! The water was a little chilly but tolerable if you waded in... my dh just got right in and the kids too... the day was gorgeous and 80’s out so we got a great tan that day! Or should I say I didn’t want to go home without a something and didn’t wear lotion and had some good redness to my skin lol!

IMG_3126.jpg
[/IMG]

So dinner was Pirate night so we dressed for that... we didn’t go all out just had black and white outfits... the kids stayed tonight and got in the conga line with the servers. Dinner was pretty good... however the kids were drooping at the end of dinner and we went back to the room and they fell asleep soundly! We missed the showing of Bolt but woke them up at about 10:10 and went up to the Pirates party on deck... they woke up some and as soon as the fireworks were over we headed back down to bed!

Tip for the day:

make sure you get your pirate map to find the treasure! It is lots of fun as a family!

Tuesday – Castaway Cay

We got up and had breakfast at Triton’s – we loved it there with excellent breakfast food! It is a sit down restaurant but worth it... We headed off the ship and started our pirate scavenger hunt... the first one at the post office is hard but after that we sailed along with them and found the treasure at the end of the day! We would do the hunt then go back to the beach and picked up the hunt around 3ish... one of my girls checked into scuttle’s cove and did the treasure hunt with them! Close to lunch time I went and checked to see if she wanted to eat lunch with us and another one decided she wanted to check in so they both stayed with the club to each lunch! Awesome just 1 kid to have to feed wahoo... but let me tell you lunch was awesome! (the kids at the cove were handed lunch in a plate already set up for them and didn’t have to go thru a line just had to sit down! ) By far the best beach and the food was pretty good! It wasn’t crowded when we went to eat at 11:30 and they had great ribs and the fresh fruit bar was awesome! At 1pm the girls went to the hula at the gazebo and lilo and stitch showed up for a few minutes is all... most disappointed I think they hung around for a song to two? Then at 1:30 they started a dance party and goofy and Pluto and chip and dale came to dance for a while at least! The water was a little chilly but tolerable if you waded in... my dh just got right in and the kids too... the day was gorgeous and 80’s out so we got a great tan that day! Or should I say I didn’t want to go home without a something and didn’t wear lotion and had some good redness to my skin lol!

So dinner was Pirate night so we dressed for that... we didn’t go all out just had black and white outfits... the kids stayed tonight and got in the conga line with the servers. Dinner was pretty good... however the kids were drooping at the end of dinner and we went back to the room and they fell asleep soundly! We missed the showing of Bolt but woke them up at about 10:10 and went up to the Pirates party on deck... they woke up some and as soon as the fireworks were over we headed back down to bed!

On pirate night at dinner did they give out the bandanas? I've been reading that a lot of people didn't get them. I made a shirt for this event but also wanted to know if I needed to buy my own because that's the only thing my BF will wear for pirate night (he's a party pooper sometimes). I love this report. Can't wait to see pictures although I don't know how to post them either.

Do you get to choose where you eat for breakfast? Or is it also included in your dining rotation? Tritons is the best place in your opinion for breakfast, what about lunch? Which place was good but also was a less crowded? We are Sailing on the March 8th 4 night it will be my first cruise CAN'T WAIT!!:cool1:

Amanda

On pirate night at dinner did they give out the bandanas? I've been reading that a lot of people didn't get them. I made a shirt for this event but also wanted to know if I needed to buy my own because that's the only thing my BF will wear for pirate night (he's a party pooper sometimes). I love this report. Can't wait to see pictures although I don't know how to post them either

No we didn't get the bandana's and I double checked with others and seems that they have suspended giving them out..

Do you get to choose where you eat for breakfast? Or is it also included in your dining rotation? Tritons is the best place in your opinion for breakfast, what about lunch? Which place was good but also was a less crowded?

We chose to go to Triton's for breakfast as it is easier with 3 kids to have them order breakfast than go thru line.. this is the only sit down type the other choices were Beach blanket buffet and Parrot Cay both buffet.. There are no rotations for breakfast or lunch.. except the last morning you have to go to breakfast the same place you ate dinner at the night before.. this makes it the fastest debarkation procedure in the cruise line historys!

For lunch we also ate at Triton's as the other choice was Beach Blanket Buffet plus the other little snack shops like Pinocchio's Pizzaria and Pluto's Dog house and Goofy's Galley. The day at sea we ran to see Bolt we only had a half hour to eat and went to Parrot Cay as we like that buffet best and they had a seafood buffet that day.. Triton's tends to take longer if you want to be more at the pool it does take up some time.. Have a great time!

Sunday- arrived at the port around 11am or so... we received the #11 card to board... super easy check in and then went over and signed the kids in with the club right there before boarding.. Fill the online forms out for the club... makes it easier as they just gave the kids their armbands... me the pager and said have fun! When I was checking in the kids went and saw Goofy and got pics with him...
Mickey came out later and we walked by him as the line was long by then! They called our number and walked on... they announced our arrival and we were all set! We went to Parrot Cay for lunch. (We preferred this buffet over Beach Blanket ... more on this later!) We then went and checked out the club ages 5- 7 and by then it was already 1:30! So we went to our rooms and changed and met our Dis board group for our 2pm meeting by the Mickey Pool... the kids were in the pool there and then wanted to go to Goofy’s Pool... they were both full of course but not as full as the day at sea lol!

We had a blast at the sail away party after our wonderful drill and went to our room to watch us sail away (as it was a little breezy up top) and waved to everyone on shore from our room with the lovely balcony... room #8502... Awesome room

IMG_3051.jpg
[/IMG]

We had the APPT rotation for dinner so had dinner at Animator’s Palate our first night... the kids left early from dinner almost every night and tonight they left just before 7 as they had to catch the welcome party! We took a little longer to finish and then went and picked the kids up to go to the show... We loved the Golden Mickey’s and the girls went to the red carpet and were interviewed... which is cool as they are shown “live” inside on the big screen while you are waiting for the show.. They loved that! I video taped it with my camera so they could see it! Alas the kids were tired and we went back to our room and went to bed!! Very exciting day! We missed the luau in the club since it was at 9:45 jeez that’s late for a 5- 7 year old!

Tips for the day:
1. Get the kids to the Red Carpet arrival just before the show!
2. The pool towels aren’t in clear view but inside the wooden cupboards on the decks... there are also cupboards for garbage and dirty towels too! All very posh lol!

I'll try to figure how to post pics later!

I see the welcome party is at the kids club is it for families or just the kids. I think it is a warm-up. But do not know what the kids do at the welcome party? I have a 7 and a 9 year old

stayed at the club and the rest of us went to play family bingo... we didn’t win anything boohoo... We had dinner at Parrot Cay and the kids left early tonight to make Flubber! We then picked 1 of them up to watch Toy Story the Musical... the other 2 stayed for the glow jam and chillin in the club... we were paged just before the musical ended so had to run and get them... they were tired out and falling asleep! So once again everyone asleep by 9:30 or so...[/QUOTE]

Sorry more questions as I am reading I am thinking of questions. I want to ask you. I know my kids will not be able to do many of the fun things at the kids club due to we only have a 3 night cruise. So I am trying to pick out what I think they will remember the best and take them to at least one fun thing a day. The kite making sounds great was it? You can fly your kite hear now that you are home and remember the fun you had on your cruise:cool1:
What was glow jam and chilling in the club

I see the welcome party is at the kids club is it for families or just the kids. I think it is a warm-up. But do not know what the kids do at the welcome party? I have a 7 and a 9 year old

The 7 year old will be at the club and the 9 year old will be in the lab :)
The girls don't remember the welcome party except we ran them up to it and dropped them off as we were still eating dinner.. being the first night and at 6:30 they had opened with explore the club.. it was just getting to know the kids and play.. and we definately didn't stay for it.. my kids were like see ya!

at the 7:00 for the 9 year old they had exploring the lab and then at 7:30 the welcome party..

Sorry I tried to go back and add to the last post and it took it off.
Did they have Bolt at 11:30 at night?

I hope they get the bandana's back. When we booked the kids first thing they wanted was the free mickey hat and t-shirt from friendship rocks. Then we hear they do not do the mickey hat and tried to sell them on the bandana and that did not:sad2: go so well. OH, I hope it gets better. Can not wait to hear more:cheer2:

Don't worry about asking me.. I have no problem reliving it if I can remember! And I have a Dis friend I can have you ask too!

The kite making sounds great was it?

The Kite making was fun.. however it was just color it with stencils or free hand.. a premade vinyl like kite.. a great kite really.. but as I said you just color it

What was glow jam and chilling in the club

Glow jam was a party that they got those glow necklaces and just danced and with the chillin i think they just hung out and played.. sorry not much help

I highly recommend doing the flubber if they want to.. in the navigator on arrival day it highlights the big events for kids.. like ages 5-7 cooking school, flubber, so you want to be a pirate and toy story boot camp.. I'm not sure what the 3 day does.. but that should help too.. and if they can stay up there are other things to catch after 9:30 that we missed!

There is so much to do and we tried to catch everything but then we were busy and didn't relax much either .. the last day we scheduled in pool time in between events!! hope this helps!

Wednesday – Day at sea

We knew what the lines were to catch the characters so we had breakfast early at Triton’s and since we were right there we were able to get in line quickly and had a great spot to see Mickey.. We then went and did the playhouse Disney dance... the kids also went up to the club to do Stitch’s Great adventure... lunch unfortunately didn’t open till 12:00 at Parrot Cay so we quickly ate and then ran to catch the showing of Bolt – 3d in the theatre.. Since we had missed the night before we had to see it today! The kids and us adults loved it... it is a great movie! After Bolt we went swimming in the way crowded pool but the kids didn’t care too much! They went on the slide a couple times and we pulled them out so they could catch the club... they went up to the Disney game show and then they had prep for the new friendship rocks show that the kids participate in... We went up to the Cove... ooh wow first time we had a chance... we hung out there for a little while and then headed to watch the show the kids did a couple dances and then we had to pick them up back at the club. They got shirts out of it so that was pretty neat and I think they had fun dancing on stage with Mickey and Minnie... our littlest didn’t want to leave the club so she stayed and had dinner with her friends and she didn’t want to leave but prodded her to come see Disney Dreams which is another great show! They all just about fell asleep once again so we headed to the room and missed till we meet again character’s which was at 10:00 .. I hated that there were some great things at that late at night that we missed the kids were just so tired from being on the go and at ages 5 and 7 I just couldn’t get them to take naps! They didn’t want to miss anything during the day! So we headed back and finished packing and had our stuff out by 10:30!

The kids had a great time finding the hidden mickey’s all over the ship! We all joined in!
IMG_3077.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_3135.jpg
[/IMG]

Thursday – debarkation

We ate breakfast at Triton’s as this is where we had dinner at the night before! As soon as we were finished we were able to get off the ship and we were done and thru customs by 8ish .. we were in Orlando by 9ish and got to the hotel and parks by 11. If we were prepared we could have been to the park just after they opened with no problems

Thanks for reading our about our trip and please don't be afraid to ask questions.. plus I have navigators and will try to post them sometime soon!

Did they have Bolt at 11:30 at night?
our day at sea they did show Bolt at 10:45 pm

But..
They actually showed Bolt at 8:30pm at the show time like they did Golden Mickey's etc.. if you have late dinner seating then you go to the 6:15 shows.. they have a list of all the movies for the week.. but these are shown in the Buena Vista theatre.. where we caught it on the day at sea! You might not have Bolt shown like that on a 3 day but have toy story, golden mickeys and Disney Dreams?

they had movie times all day.. for example they showed on castaway cay day.. 1:00pm bedtime stories 3:15pm wall-e 6:00pm hsm3 8:30pm hsm3
11:00pm bedtime stories

YOu are a BOLT OF LIGHTING getting back to me. :cool1:
YES PLEASE Get the new navigators on here. I am a planner and when I called Disney and said I saw a november one she told me not to look at that one to wait until some one from january post one it would be different. So I am begging please post really really soon:cheer2: :flower3:
Thank you,

Ginny

I wanted to say that was a cute photos of you and your kids with thier prizes in castaway. It is always so hard to get the full family in a photo without paying for one:wave2:

I just can not wait we are leaving this month. I maybe 32 years old but I am like a kid reading everything I can about the cruise. I am ready to go.:moped:

I am leaving on 2/15. W/my DH and 6 year old twins. very excited.
Can you post the navigators?

My DH and I were also on this cruise. We loved it and wished it were longer. There were so many activities, even for adults, we missed doing some things so we could do others. As previous Disney cruisers, we are part of the Castaway Club and enjoyed a private Castaway party at Wavebands on Wednesday, our day at Sea. We also received some nice gifts from the Castaway Club, a tote bag with a mesh tote bag, 2 water bottles, pencil case with Mickey eraser and stencils and a blank journal with a pen.

We had seen Bolt in 3D at the theaters when it first came out and were thrilled that it was shown in 3D onboard. We love this movie. The two main showings were in the Walt Disney Theater.

You can eat breakfast anywhere on the ship, including having room service in your cabin. Parrot Cay had a fabulous breakfast buffet which we did twice. We liked all the places we ate onboard. We didn't have a single meal we didn't like. And we were celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary. At our first dinner our waiter brought us a cake with a white chocolate Disney ship ontop! It took us 3 days to eat it!

We really had fun at the Pirate Party. The bandannas have been discontinued, I don't know why. It really didn't matter. We bought pirate shirts on Castaway Cay and wore them. A lot of people dressed up. We got to keep the menus from dinner which look like pirate treasure maps. There are several hidden Mickey's on the map. The party on deck was fun, especially when Mickey saved the day. The fireworks...just magical. We also partook of the Pirate Buffet which had everything from ice cream sundaes to tacos to turkey legs!

We also enjoyed our day at Castaway Cay. My DH secured a hammock and burned himself pretty well despite my reminding him to flip over. :beach: Serenity Bay also has its own BBQ which was fabulous. I did some snorkeling, shopping and did the hula with Lilo and Stitch, who are two of my favorite characters. We had navigator's cabin 7124 and as we cast off that evening we stood on the balcony and waved back to the cast members below who were waving goodbye with Mickey gloves. Later, our cruise director announced that plans are in the works for the ships to spend 2 days at Castaway Cay. That's a great idea. There's so much to do and not enough time to do it.

My DH's favorite show was Toy Story the Musical. I couldn't decide between the Golden Mickey's and Disney Dreams. I liked them both.

I've got to get back to work. I will post my photos soon.:artist:

I am sad about the bandanas. I hope they replace it with something else as a small gift to remember your trip by. :rotfl2: The sad part is that we had our plans to make pillows out of them for the kids. We would have had 4 of them so two pillows.

We would like to see photos but I would love to see the navigators.
HOpe they get on soon. We are leaving in 18 days:cool1: for a 3 day but a four day in January is good;) ;)

TY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter