Wonderful Dinner at O'hana last night!

Glad you enjoyed it. Making an earlier seating and then watching Wishes from the beach works pretty well too.

Have ADR's for 1st time in November for 10ppl.
We heard there are some " Interactive Fun " Stuff they Do While Dining.
Can Anyone give us a few details ????

We are really looking forward to this meal too !!! ::yes:: ::yes:: pooh:

My family (4 of us) spent a week at the Poly last month. We had 1 dinner at Ohana, and it was the worst meal of the week. The shrimp were overcooked, and sitting in way too much liquid. The potatoes were greasy and bland. There was some sort of lousy vegetable. The steak was tough and not very tasty, the turkey was overcooked, and the pork was fatty. The sausage was just ok, but had no taste. Plus, they brought out things in the wrong order (potatoes before salad, then salad, then meat). Restaurant wasn't crowded, so no excuse there. However, the salad was good.

We had 1 breakfast at Ohana, which was just ok. By the way, we found the rest of the food at Disney to be very good. I had 3 dinners at Kona, 2 breakfasts at Kona, plus mutliple meals at Captain Cooks. We also had 2 dinners at GF, 1 lunch at GF, plus lunches at MK and Epcot.

Ohana was our first meal, and glad we got the bad one out of the way. I don't think I would go back for dinner-but I might go back for breakfast.

So many great reviews. It'll be hard to turn this down on my first trip next spring

bellenbuzz said:
Have ADR's for 1st time in November for 10ppl.
We heard there are some " Interactive Fun " Stuff they Do While Dining.
Can Anyone give us a few details ????

We are really looking forward to this meal too !!! ::yes:: ::yes:: pooh:

When we went last year they had hula hoop contests which were fun to watch and a few other things that I can't remember right now. I want to say coconut races or something like that, but I'm not sure.

Also, to the person asking about the time to make reservations to see wishes...Last year I did it accidently, the fireworks just started while we were in there. This year, Wishes starts at 10, so I made an 8:45 reservation. I would really like a window seat so I'm planning in some extra time to possibly wait for one. (Last year we were a little in from the window, but could still see the fireworks, I just want an even better view this year :wizard: .) Hope this helps!

In regards to entertainment, they invite the kids to pick a broom and a coconut. The kids race around the restaurant, pushing the coconut with the broom. It's really cute and LOUD! This is a picture of my DD during the race:
100_0415.jpg

Also, when we were there a Polynesian singer was walking around the restaurant. She was entertaining- she invited all of the kids to come by her. She called up everyone who was having a birthday and the whole restaurant sang to them. She gave out leis to the birthday celebrants. We love Ohana's. The entertainment is sporadic, not constant, so you are not constantly jumping up and down out of your seat.

It sounds wonderful !
I am really looking forward to this restaurant.
We have done the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show a couple times, so looking for something new. I think the Poly Resort is so beautiful!

As for the Menu Changes I keep reading about, we have never dined there before so have nothing to compare it to, so I think we will be pleased.

Thanks DIS'ers :lovestruc :wave2: :butterfly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter