Wonderful Dinner at O'hana last night!

TinkerMunk

Happy Holidays!!
Hi everyone, I just wanted to write and share about the wonderul dinner that my family had last night at O'hana at the Polynesian. Everything about it was great from the seater, server, the entertainment and the manager and chef coming over to our table. The food was fantastic; hot fresh and accomodated the needs of a very picky eater. I give the Polynesian an A+ for a truly wonderful experience.

Great review for Ohana's. We tried it for the first time last year and loved it. We will be going back this Nov/Dec trip. It's so refreshing to see people who like Ohana's. :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting the review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. We are going on the dining plan in Sept/Oct and this was the one place I wanted to try more than any other.

I have a question though, I have read that the meal is served "Family Style". What does that mean? Do they put a big bowl of whatever food there is and let you dish it out yourself?

Also, do they seat you ate tables with other diners or does each party get seated at their own table?

Thanks

So glad you liked it! It is our FAVORITE!!!

Donold Fan-
They bring the food out to you in bowls/platters. First you get the wonton chips with dipping sauces (DO NOT fill up on these....the are just ok at best), next is the mixed greens with dressing, (very good, bit don't fill up, too much more to come!), then is the sweet and sour shrimp (peel and eat, but DELISH!) and the honey wings (very tasty, but still, just a bite or two, save room for more!) and then the bring out the various skewers of meats and you can control the portion, along with a platter of the maui potatos (ok, you can eat as much of these as you like because they are FABULOUS) and the stir-fried veggies. SAVE ROOM FOR DESSERT as the bread pudding with ice cream and vanilla sauce will make you cry!!!!!!! Plus, it is all you can eat, so if you need more, just ask and they'll bring it to you! Let me tell you, with a hungry fam of 6 this last time, we asked for thirds!!!!

Ok, I'm now drooling.....

:rotfl: Thanks for the review and tips!! I CAN'T WAIT until we go! We will be going there our first night (Sept 30 :p ). This is one of the places I'm really looking forward to. :yay:

We were there last June and are going back in August. Has the menu changed since then?

Can't wait - we loved the food there!

AHHHH!! I am so hungry right now, craving Ohanas! Cant wait to go in Aug and share this experience with hubby, he didnt get to go with the kids and I last time..

If you can... find out what time Disney World's fire works start and make your ressie's about 30 - 45 min. before. It's an awsome show. :woohoo:
pixiedust:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

i love O'hana. me and DBF went there during our disney trip this past MAY because of all the great things we heard on this board about the restaurant. however, what we didnt know is that they serve the same size portion to a party of 2 as they would to a family of 6 AND the table was half the size ( since we are a party of two..). the food was literally falling off our small table. we must have looked like such pigs! and boy, i sure was stuffed like one when i left!

We are trying Ohana for the the 1st time come November!!!
I have been wanting to eat there, so I am really glad to hear all this yummy stuff!
We have a group of 10 (6 adults/4 kids) I think it will be a perfect place for us!

Is it true they have interactive entertainment of some sort ???? :mickeyjum

thanks for the review

I tell you...after our Sept trip last yr...this is the only TS place we are repeating.

Besides FTBBQ AND Seasons in the lans at EPCOT....

Ohana was our FAV place to eat and the kids LOVE it!

this time we made ressies for our first night, late to watch WISHES!

ask for a table in the main DR next to the window and firepit!

I forgot to add:

we did have a longer wait time than most other places, but asking for the right table and getting it was well worth the wait!

I've heard some great things about Ohana's and decided to make a ressie for this Friday night. My ressie's at 9:10p and the fireworks are at 10p. Question, does anyone know if I must request a window seat now or just when I get to the restauraunt.

I'm so excited! My first time eating here.

allflgirl said:
I've heard some great things about Ohana's and decided to make a ressie for this Friday night. My ressie's at 9:10p and the fireworks are at 10p. Question, does anyone know if I must request a window seat now or just when I get to the restauraunt.

I'm so excited! My first time eating here.

If I remeber right, you should be able to see the fireworks from where you are seated.
The fireworks and music together....well, my whole crew just LOVED it.
In fact they will tell you that the fireworks are about to start and that the servers will stop what they are doing until the show is over.

Disfan3 said:
thanks for the review

I tell you...after our Sept trip last yr...this is the only TS place we are repeating.

Besides FTBBQ AND Seasons in the lans at EPCOT....

Ohana was our FAV place to eat and the kids LOVE it!

this time we made ressies for our first night, late to watch WISHES!

ask for a table in the main DR next to the window and firepit!

I forgot to add:

we did have a longer wait time than most other places, but asking for the right table and getting it was well worth the wait!

DisFan - what time did you make the ressies for (to watch wishes) at Ohana's? I am curious because I would like to do the same but do not want to arrive to early - also hope to get a seat by the window!

I have got a reservation for 8.00pm and I have just checked and the fireworks start at 8.00pm, do you think that I should try and change my reservation or leave it.

We went to Ohana in May for my birthday. It was our first time and everybody in our party LOVED it. Our ressies were for 8:50 and we were finished in time to go out by the pool and watch the fireworks at 10:00. we will definitely go back in December. Ohana still gets mentioned nearly every day! :cool1:

I'm glad you had a great time.

It is the only TS from last year we are repeating, also. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter