• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Without telling your age, what is something from your childhood that kids today wouldn't know about?

plastic pop beads. I found some at a yard sale recently and couldn't believe it!
When I was 10, I got silver pop beads for Christmas (silver-coated plastic). The silver immediately started flaking off (all over everything, much like glitter), so my grandmother suggested that I put the beads in the Christmas decorations to decorate the tree, until such time as all the silver wore off, then I could keep them to wear. Well, here it is some 50+ years later and I'm still putting those chipped silver coated pop beads on my Christmas tree.

Woolworth 5 & 10
Shenanigans TV show & board game
Chocks vitamins
Mickey Mouse Club on TV in B&W
1964 New York World's Fair
Arrow Book Club (thru Scholastic Books)
Tang instant breakfast drink
Ah, yes... Annette the love of every pre-adolescent boy in America. Followed by Superman and accompanied with a Fluffernutter sandwich and chocolate milk.

Listening to American Top 40 with Casey Kasem. Watching music videos on MTV and VH1

Bandstand (later American Bandstand)......I give it a 82. I liked the beat and it was easy to dance to.

Bandstand started in Phila. There were other shows, I think were local. But I'm curious It if anyone outside of Phila know these shows. One was the Gene London show , Pixanne and the Sally Star show...

ooh - someone mentioned Loves Baby Soft which I so remember, but I've got another good one - ladies? How much of this stuff did we slather on? Bubble gum lip gloss!!!:lovestruc

View attachment 531586

I also had Spearmint Bonne Bell lip gloss and Root Beer.

And Love's Baby Soft? I still occasionally wear it even though I'm middle-aged. It's the only perfume I've ever worn where people have asked me what I'm wearing and where they can get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter