• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Without saying your first name , is your first name common or uncommon?

Common for when I was born. I've never met anyone younger than me with the same name, but growing up there were always at least 3 girls with the same name in my grade, even when I changed school districts.

In between. I’ve only met a few others around here with the same name and I was the only one in my school from k-12 but it’s not a super uncommon

Relatively uncommon base name, spelling unique. I’ve met only one other person with the same spelling (it was the person who inspired my version).

Extremely uncommon. I only know one person with my name, and she was named after me. Funny thing is when she got married, she ended up with my maiden name as well, lol

However, my name is spelled similarly to a common one that I get constantly called by

Very common when I was a child. Top ten name - there were 9 of us in a kindergarten class that had about 25 kids in it. Now I never see the name unless it’s for someone about my age.

My name is incredibly uncommon, it's hardly used outside the North of the Netherlands. Whenever on the rare occasion I meet someone with the same name, we are both confused.

Mine is fairly common

Same, at least for my generation. According to everything-birthday.com, it’s apparently pretty dated, though:

Fairly common, but I was only ever "Name Last Name Initial" in two classes in the whole of my education since kindergarten.

I actually went by a common nickname for my name until the third grade, when a classmate and I both had that name and the first two letters of our last names in common! I switched to the formal version through high school.

Now which version people call me tends to vary by setting/familiarity/relative age...

Mine is uncommon for a first name but common for a nickname of older people. I do not know anyone or have met anyone with my name and spelling. The funny thing is I did this to 3 of my 4 kids and when I named the oldest his name was uncommon then has become much more common.

Common for my generation. There was always more than one of us in every class through middle and high school. When the teacher would call on us, we'd answer in unison "which one?".

In the middle? My name was the 32nd most common name for boys in the United States the year I was born.

it is currently a lot less popular than that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter