Without saying your first name , is your first name common or uncommon?

Fairly uncommon and my parents added an unnecessary letter causing it to be butchered all of the time. Don’t do that to your kids.

I will say somewhat common decades ago, but not so much these days. My high school class had five girls with my name, three the traditional spelling, two with alternative spelling (me being one). I have not seen anyone with my name is any of my kids classes. I actually met another mom whose child was briefly in our Cub Scout pack with the exact same spelling as mine. That I've never run across before.

Uncommon--it's really a nickname that my father was given as his birth name. My parents called me by my middle name, and I'm glad because I really don't like my first name.

My name is one that anybody would recognize but I rarely run into anyone who shares it. My daddy chose my name and I love it.

I went all through school except grade 6 being the only one with my name. It's also spelled differently mine ends in "ie" instead of "y". Worked a couple of years with another lady with the same name, again different spellings.

Mine was pretty high on the popularity list (top 10) the year I was born, but is less popular now (somewhere in the mid-300s, I think). Still, I did not grow up knowing many people with my name. It's not like I don't know that other people with my name existed, but I never had another one in my classes. I have never worked closely with another person with my name at work -- closest is that a co-worker's wife shares my name.

Very Uncommon - old school - except we went "out" to dinner - take out - and our server had my name - a woman about 40 years old :)

Fairly common in my age group. It was in the top 15 for 20 years. It started to drop right after I was born and is now very uncommon.

Really uncommon. When I tell people my name, a lot of people say "that is an interesting name." 13 babies per million the year I was born according to babycenter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter