With so many closings,what am I paying for?

Maybe I'm different than most visitors but I go only every 3 years or so and while I go to enjoy new attractions, new restaurants and favorite old ones I don't set high expectations for something to be open.

I've been more than 10 times and have yet to experience some of the shows. Heck, I didn't even ride the Tomorrowland Speedway until our last trip. It took me three trips to finally get a FP to ride Toy Story! And I haven't ridden some rides for more than 10 years so I have all those to look forward to enjoying in the future.

We are starting to plan a fall 2017 trip. It will be nice if Avatar is open but I am not expecting it to be. If it does open, I fully expect the crowds to be massive and maybe we won't even get a chance to ride there.

As someone said earlier, it helps to change your expectations. I can't imagine most first-timers going when many rides are closed and not still having a fantastic trip. Remember your first trip? Wasn't it fun even if you missed out on several things you had hoped to do and see? (And I actually blame YouTube and the internet for pushing expectations beyond reality.)

Wow, you are truly one of the first people I've seen say that. The whole Frozen Summer Fun event was indeed thrown together in a matter of weeks, but the singalong ended up being one of the best parts and lots of people were thrilled when Disney re-did the theater and proved the show was sticking around. I think it's cute and the historians make the show memorable.

I felt the jokes and overall flow of the show were very lacking, cheap, thrown together without a lot of thought. Jokes about Beiber? Really? Rather old, overdone cheap jokes throughout the show. I was hoping something along the well written creativity of a show like Aladdin at CA or most any other stage show at Disney. To me it seems like a filler show until a well written stage show can be created.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter