With a Heavy Heart

Oh my goodness! I have been a long time member of this board, but havent been on for quite some time....so just read this now! I am soooo sad! She had some of the funniest posts and stories. I felt like I knew her kids, Del, and her step daughter...I even followed her story of moving to orlando...then moving back!
So sorry to hear this. :(

I just found this thread, and am in shock and tears.
I've been following her writings for so long, to other boards- to her blog.... I just couldn't get enough of her witticisms!

I'd printed out her first TR (2003) as it got posted, and would reread it regularly.

Wobin will live on, through all of us.......

Thanks to Kim and Bennett for assembling as much of her stories as possible, and to Del and the rest of the family.. there are no words.

LYMI......:sad1:

Thank you so very much for the link. I am so sorry to hear of your friend passing and only wished I had known her as well as you all. She reminds me of a Sister I would loved to have had, and true trip commerade.

I find myself in Robin, but she had so much sassy and cheeky, I loved reading her link.
The last five years were very difficult for me; the loss of my older daughter, litigation in the loss, then a father that walked out of her life suing our family. It was trumatic on top of the truma,

What Robin though her report gave me was insight into the life I have been living. I have been alive, but I have not been living!
Robin made me laugh out loud!!! Laugh at life, she laughed at herself and made others laugh...including me.

My family came in the room to see why in five years I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my face, and running to the bathroom before I peed myself laughing.

I felt chest lightening exhileration! I forgot she was gone.....but she made me alive. I have a ton of family that need me, depend on me, not my sadness, my just alive, they need me to live.

If anyone has more links, I think I need them, I need Robin to show me the way. I hope her family knows how many lives she touched and is touching,
We have a trip in three weeks and I am going this time to love, and give my family ME back. It is a trip I dedicate to my family and Robins for showing me how its done.

Not how much you cram into a trip, it is what memories you bring home.
Can anyone tell me, did Nikki and Curt develope their relationship and Chris get home?
Thankyou all for sharing LYMI
di

Thank you so very much for the link. I am so sorry to hear of your friend passing and only wished I had known her as well as you all. She reminds me of a Sister I would loved to have had, and true trip commerade.

I find myself in Robin, but she had so much sassy and cheeky, I loved reading her link.
The last five years were very difficult for me; the loss of my older daughter, litigation in the loss, then a father that walked out of her life suing our family. It was trumatic on top of the truma,

What Robin though her report gave me was insight into the life I have been living. I have been alive, but I have not been living!
Robin made me laugh out loud!!! Laugh at life, she laughed at herself and made others laugh...including me.

My family came in the room to see why in five years I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my face, and running to the bathroom before I peed myself laughing.

I felt chest lightening exhileration! I forgot she was gone.....but she made me alive. I have a ton of family that need me, depend on me, not my sadness, my just alive, they need me to live.

If anyone has more links, I think I need them, I need Robin to show me the way. I hope her family knows how many lives she touched and is touching,
We have a trip in three weeks and I am going this time to love, and give my family ME back. It is a trip I dedicate to my family and Robins for showing me how its done.

Not how much you cram into a trip, it is what memories you bring home.
Can anyone tell me, did Nikki and Curt develope their relationship and Chris get home?
Thankyou all for sharing LYMI
di

Her blog **************************************** has lots more stories. Nikki and Curt still are together and live in NC I believe. Chris is home and her grandson TJ just turned 5, Brandy is just graduating college, Em just turned 15 and Del lives in Maine.

She was my dear friend and I miss her every time I think about her...Thanks for your kind words of the person she helps you be....LYMI

Her blog **************************************** has lots more stories. Nikki and Curt still are together and live in NC I believe. Chris is home and her grandson TJ just turned 5, Brandy is just graduating college, Em just turned 15 and Del lives in Maine.

She was my dear friend and I miss her every time I think about her...Thanks for your kind words of the person she helps you be....LYMI

I sent it to you in a PM instead...

I sent it to you in a PM instead...

Thank you so very much for the update on the family, my prayers are with them. Robin was a spirted woman and passed far to you. I am 57, dh is almost 64, our younest is 16 with a grandson 5. This is a chance to heal and make everyday a specal one.
I wish I had the chance before to tell her how much she opened my eyes, my heart. The blog will be a wonderful chance to know your dear friend more, and help my healing.
Di

Just saw this thread. Always enjoyed reading Robin's posts. May she rest in peace.

First of all, I have been a huge fan of Robin from way back when she was here on the Dis. I found her at a bad time in my life and she showed me how to laugh again.

Followed her around the web, to Florida and back, to the refurb of her place in Maine. She had a way of letting the reader see their kids in hers; seeing their struggles in hers; their family in hers. I don't know of any other writers who can do that.

Like everyone of her fans, I knew about her leg issues. She was honest about the pain, the looks she would get, her pride in refusing a wheelchair. We loved her more. Even her smoking; we all got that.

On an off note- I have a secret crush on Brother-soo cute!

Well, although we were "friends" on Facebook, I really stuck with her blog. It was so quiet. I kept clicking around looking for an update.

A couple of weeks ago, I did one of those "Advanced Searches" here on the Dis and found this thread. I went numb. Again, I have been going through my own personal issues again and then, suddenly, I was thinking of Del, the kids, Brother...God the pain they must be feeling and dealing with.

The really lousy thing is that the one person who could help us all, the known and the unknown; the friends and the fans, deal with is the lady herself. Maybe a story about that friend she lost or a reminder of the love story of Del and Wife..she would have been our internet rock.

I am finally crying now. Saying goodbye to the person who saved my life all those years ago...Robin, enjoy your rest, relish in your pain-free life now.

Take care of those who love you, as you always have.

With love, admiration and sorrow,

Ursula

I'm stunned, and so sad. I had no idea.

I was watching Auction King this weekend and the Auctioneer said, LYMI and I thought of her and then I was cleaning out stuff, got to the travel info basket, and said, "nope, not going near it because next thing you know, I'll be sitting there reading The Delswife trip report"...

It's kind of strange that I thought of her twice this weekend, and then see this thread today, especially when I never followed up to see what other reports or blogs she had written, (wasn't there even a hilarious ebay auction once?) or really knew her, but

I have and always will relate that trip report to our first few trips with our newly adopted 2 year old and our extended family. We had such fun and crazy adventures, and it was comforting to know I wasn't the only one not having the perfect magical trip you see in the commercials, but it was still all good with a lot of love and humor.

I used to read it to dh in the car on the drive down, and when I scrapbooked one of our trips, we made up nick names for all of our family members according to what their quirks or jobs were during the trip.

I've also kept a journal for ds for the past 10 years, partially inspired by her honesty and humor. Thank you Delswife!

Prayers and hugs to her friends and family!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if while Del, brother, and her children are grieving they find these postings and know how loved she was and how she touched so many lives.

Oh wow, I am sorry to read this. I don't frequent the boards as much as I used to, but I loved reading her posts and reports. Her posts would literally make me LOL.

Prayers to her family. :hug::hug:

I can't look at "Chip and Dale" anywhere without thinking "Chuck and Dave" because of Delswife and family. They creep into my thoughts very often.

LYMI and RIP

I may be the last Dis'er to learn about Robin's passing, but I'd like to add my heartfelt condolences to her loved ones and friends.

I've been away from the boards (and Disney) for years. Recently I booked a cruise and have been mainly reading the DCL forum, but over the past few weeks, I wandered back to some of my old haunts to lurk around. I found a post by ZW and was stunned when I saw her signature.

Robin was a special lady and a gifted writer. Her TR's are some of the best out there and she became a Disboards celebrity with her funny and touching stories. She loved Disney and she loved her family through thick and thin, which was the essence of "Love You, Mean It!"

I shed lots of tears reading this thread. Nice to recognize a lot of the usernames from the past.

Be at peace, Robin. LYMI :jester:

I don't come back to the DIS very often, and I just found out about Delswife passing away. I still remember when she was posting her famous trip report, I got hooked, and returned every day to see if there was a new post. So funny…
She was a wonderful writer, and never will be forgotten. To her and her family LYMI.

I have been away from the DIS, and everything Disney, for quite a while. A few days ago, out of the blue, I felt like reading Robin's TRs again, and I was hoping to find some updates about her and her family, too.

Now I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out over a woman I've never met or talked to.

It's a silly thing to say, but this isn't fair. She deserved to grow old with her husband, and to see her children and grandchildren grow up. And they deserved to have her around them, too.

Thank you Wobin and family for sharing your life with us, the good times and the bad ones. You touched more people than you will ever know.

LY,MI.

Thanks for bumping this. I always intend to respond, but don't. I have been rereading all of the delswife stories from over the years, and she was such a talented writer. I've laughed, I've cried...I pray her family is at peace and is able to enjoy the wonderful memories they must have of such a special person.

In less then 3 days it will be the one year anniversary of Robin's passing. I can't even beginning to describe the emptiness in my heart for this "internet" friend that turned into a tried and true flesh and blood friend.....

I miss her everyday.

Her family is surviving....some days better then others...

In less then 3 days it will be the one year anniversary of Robin's passing. I can't even beginning to describe the emptiness in my heart for this "internet" friend that turned into a tried and true flesh and blood friend.....

I miss her everyday.

Her family is surviving....some days better then others...

Please tell them what an impact Robin had on us. I truly am sorry for the loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter