With a Heavy Heart

Delswife was before my time, but I just read that 2003 report. I just wanted to post in case her family reads here: you were so blessed to have that wonderful person in your life. To work so hard all year to make Disney that place for you where nothing bad ever happens! To have someone who loves you so much that her greatest joy while there is watching the joy on your face! I know that every time you go to Disney you will definitely find her there. She'll be with her dad.

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Deepest condolences to all her friends and family. Like so many, I did not know her but followed her stories. The tampon, the Wheaties box, the commando Disney trips! I, too, would laugh until I cried. And of course it brought us all happiness when she was able to hug her palm tree! She will be missed by so many.

Bennet aka Zurg is in the process of compiling all the Reports and stories we can find. After we get them together we will be sure to post some where that they will be easily accessible.

For those that were asking there is a group who is in the process of setting up a memorial fund and doing some fund raising. If your interested in more info feel free to PM me and I can give you the info.

She was one special lady and I'm glad that she touched so many....:love:

Thank you for taking time from your own loss to share with us, Kim. I know that you were special friends to each other, and the 'whole' that was your friendship has a huge hole for the moment. May your many memories keep you strong and bring you smiles and solace. (((hugs)))

Dear sweet irreplaceable Robin. From what started out as a quirky lady who wrote probably the best trip report ever to one of the most genuine friends anyone could ever want, your loss has hit me like a brick. I will always cherish your wit, your charm and your determined spirit. Your ability to take the challenges of life and turn them into humorous and amazing stories was just the tip of who you were. I will always remember your move to Orlando and the phone tree we had going to keep track to make sure you and Del made it safely. You always had a smile in your voice whenever we spoke.

Your love and devotion to your amazing kids and to Del was moving to watch. The biggest wish I hope is that you finally realized how much you meant to all of us and you believed in the natural talent you had to tell a story and make us all feel better about ourselves. I miss you and my heart aches for the loss to your family and all of your friends. I am proud to say I was one of them!

Her stories of the move and living in FL were such a joy to read. The actual moving down there and the "Speed of tarp" story - I have to smile everytime I see someone on the highway moving and they are having a tarp issue. It just takes me back to her story.

Very sad to hear of her passing. I heard the news a couple of days ago on Facebook and just found this thread today.

Her trip reports were the best! Thanks to those who posted links.

I just saw this thread. I am so sorry to hear of her passing. Prayers for her family. She touched so many of us with her stories.

Kristen

Bennet aka Zurg is in the process of compiling all the Reports and stories we can find. After we get them together we will be sure to post some where that they will be easily accessible.

For those that were asking there is a group who is in the process of setting up a memorial fund and doing some fund raising. If your interested in more info feel free to PM me and I can give you the info.

Thank you for doing this.

This is very sad news :(

Condolences to her family.

Oh how sad! Condolences to her husband Del and her family. She was a witty woman who's love for her family was inspiring. She will be missed.

LYMI Wobin!

I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. She was amazing at words. We remember her most for Love Ya Mean It, LYMI. She will never be forgotten in our family. RIP.

I've been trying to figure out what to say/post since I first heard this news. I've been thinking about Robin, her family, and her friends since ZW first let us all know.

It's just so sad, she touched so many lives, and made so many people happy with her gift of story telling. I think lots of people felt they really got to 'know' her and her crew, because she really did let us in, and see the good, and the not so good.

I hope that her friends and family can take comfort in knowing how many people enjoyed Robin and her stories, and her sharing of some of the events in their lives.

:sad2: so sorry to hear this. Her posts were the stuff of legends. RIP and prayers to Robin's family.

Thank you for this info (already PM'd)..... and bumping this thread back up.

Her blog had some classic humor in them as well -

She posted about the lights that they put in their home - the one that is stationary in the ceiling - breaast lights :rotfl2: Now honestly every time we go out, I look up and see that style of light - and I cant help it, I crack up like an 8 year old! Seriously, what is the manufacturer thinking? and I never noticed it before! Until Robin "pointed" out that "point' :rotfl2:

****************************************2009/11/see-enormous-breast-light.html
hope it doesnt get edited out.... think pink in October

Some later ones are, but the "classic" one from 2003 is not (as far as I can tell), but I took the liberty of using the Internet Wayback Machine at www.webarchive.org to find the famous original reports from 2003 and extract their content and capture them in a single PDF. Here is the full report (minus the embedded photos).

Thanks so much for putting this together. I hadn't heard of Robin until the notice of her passing and all the outpouring of emotion and talk of the epic trip report of 2003. I found her blog and have been a bit obsessed with it. What a great writer and so sad that I've discovered her after she's passed. It seems strange to read her stories that are so full of life knowing that she's not there anymore. I laugh with her, but then I remember and feel a bit sad, and maybe a bit voyeuristic that I've only started reading her reports now. Does that make sense?

My condolences to Del and the crew and to all who knew her well like zurgswife. I can only imagine how much fun she was in real life and how much she will be missed.

I am SO sorry to read this news! I never personally met Robin, but feel like I have lost a dear, dear friend. My condolences, thoughts and prayers go out to Del, the children, her brother, and the entire family. Zurgswife, thank you for letting us know, and please be sure Del gets all these messages. I am just so sad to read this news!

I have not been on the boards for a few days and just saw this news. I am so sorry to hear of her passing.

I agree, her posts and stories are the stuff of legends. I had many a good laugh reading her posts.

RIP Robin.

I am in shock. I have not even on th boards or Facebook for awhile. Me and Robin got to be Facebook friends and she really was having a hard time with her mom and brother both passing away this Fall. I can't believe I missed this and wondered why she was not on Facebook, I thought she was recouping, stupid, stupid me.:guilty:

What heartbreaking news. She was an amazing writer and I loved her reports. What a loss to all of us and of course her family too. I hope they know how much joy she brought to so many people.

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter