Wishes dessert party and rain

danikoski

DIS Veteran
So... I've started looking at the weather for me and my mom's trip Feb.5-11. On the 8th, we are supposed to go to the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party, with the terrace option. The 8th is now starting to look like there will be rain. How bad does it have to be to cancel Wishes? Do they ever cancel the Dessert Party?

So... I've started looking at the weather for me and my mom's trip Feb.5-11. On the 8th, we are supposed to go to the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party, with the terrace option. The 8th is now starting to look like there will be rain. How bad does it have to be to cancel Wishes? Do they ever cancel the Dessert Party?

The chances of them cancelling the party part of the dessert party are slim to none. They do not, however, guarantee that the fireworks won't be cancelled. But, as CA239 pointed, the weather would have to be really bad for them to cancel the fireworks. I, too, wouldn't make any determination on weather this far out. The weather fluctuates drastically in FL and it isn't out of the ordinary to have showers throughout the day, depending on the season. We go frequently, and I typically don't pay any attention to the weather until about 2 days before we leave and then adjust packing clothes, adding or taking out things as needed. With the dessert party, you have a 5 day cancellation period, so you may want to check at that point and make a determination as to whether you want to risk it or not. But, even then, the weather forecast will change. When we went to the dessert party, we tried to get on BTMRR about an hour before the party started. Just as it was our turn to get on the ride, there was a torrential downpour and they stopped running BTMRR. We stayed inside BTMRR until we could determine that the rain had subsided enough for us to comfortably walk over to the dessert party. We made it over as it was drizzling thinking the fireworks may be canceled, but, as we ate, the rain completely subsided and the fireworks were a go. Again, you just never know what will happen with FL weather.

The weather is always fluctuating here in FL, we were at MNSSHP and it was clear the whole night, then right as the firework show was starting torrential downpour came. After about 30 minutes and the park just about emptied the rain stopped and the show started :) So basically just keep an eye out for the forecast and just remember as the above posters stated, it may rain in the afternoon but at night it can clear up.

There was a huge downpour right before Illuminations the night we were in Epcot and we were waiting it out in Mexico. I asked the bartender how likely it was that they would cancel. For what it's worth he said very rarely. He said they often delay but rarely cancel. Which is what happened our night. BEing at the Wishes dessert party would be a really nice option in that case since you have a nice place to wait it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!