• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread December 1-29 2012 Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was part of a group of 30 that did this last December. For our group, they just assigned us a bunch of tables and it was very informal. We moved chairs and tables around to get everyone to sit with who they wanted and were able to move around and talk to everyone as much as we wanted. Even the people there not with our group seemed to just move and take whatever seats and tables were open. I never did find my little card with my group name on it. Once the castle projection show and the fireworks started everyone moved to the railing anyway. It was a great time. We never felt cramped or like we were in anyone's way or stealing anyone;s tables or chairs at all.

What's anyones guess when November may open? How long has it been since Oct opened? Like 2-3 weeks?? I've been super stressed about some other family stuff, and keep forgetting to check the boards. I'm terrified I'm gonna miss the announcement! I've only been checking once daily in the early evening... :upsidedow

I'm waiting on November as well. Should be soon!

I feel like I am stalking the Dessert Reservations. I check every morning while I am drinking my coffee. It's the last thing I need to book and I am freaking out that I will miss it.

I feel like I am stalking the Dessert Reservations. I check every morning while I am drinking my coffee. It's the last thing I need to book and I am freaking out that I will miss it.

Only once a day:confused3, Its the first thing I do every morning, again several times a day, the last thing I do at night before I go to bed and I will check again when I wake up during the night:rotfl2: Its the last thing I need to make my fall trip complete, I have never been to the Dessert party and I really, really want to do it as something different. I will be wilting away as it is from lack of food :rotfl2: I just upgraded to deluxe dining this week, and have 23 ADR's made for the 10 days I am there, its a foodie trip for sure this year!

Only once a day:confused3, Its the first thing I do every morning, again several times a day, the last thing I do at night before I go to bed and I will check again when I wake up during the night:rotfl2: Its the last thing I need to make my fall trip complete, I have never been to the Dessert party and I really, really want to do it as something different. I will be wilting away as it is from lack of food :rotfl2: I just upgraded to deluxe dining this week, and have 23 ADR's made for the 10 days I am there, its a foodie trip for sure this year!

I had to laugh when I read your post, this past March we were into our 5th day of DxDP had dinner at Tony's took our dessert to go we were stuffed. We had an ADR for the Dessert Party but as we awaited the time to go line up we decided we were too desserted out and just wanted to head back to our resort, we could see Wishes from our balcony at the BW. We hated that we had paid the $ for the party but the DxDP had did us in. :rotfl2:

I am hopeing to book again for November but this time actually make it to the Party

:woohoo:I check in the morning before work and as soon as I walk in the door, I actually have a system down so that I can get the reservation page fast. I want to surprise my mother with this for our mom-daughter trip in November.

Only once a day:confused3, Its the first thing I do every morning, again several times a day, the last thing I do at night before I go to bed and I will check again when I wake up during the night:rotfl2:

I would check it right when I woke up, on my tablet and then before starting school with the kids. Then at lunch ,dinner and 30 other times throughout the day LOL. I still managed to miss the announcement that October had opened by an hour or so though :( Oh well....I'm just glad we got in at all. Deluxe Dining sounds good....but I don't think we could ever eat that much food. We have big eyes when it comes to food but our stomachs won't cooperate LOL.

I was part of a group of 30 that did this last December. For our group, they just assigned us a bunch of tables and it was very informal. I never did find my little card with my group name on it. Once the castle projection show and the fireworks started everyone moved to the railing anyway. We never felt cramped or like we were in anyone's way or stealing anyone;s tables or chairs at all.

I'm actually very orderly and hope I find the table with our card LOL I'd hate for someone to just sit down at our table. Glad it didn't feel like it was cramped or like anyone was taking anyone else's spot though, that's what I like to hear :)

:woohoo:I check in the morning before work and as soon as I walk in the door, I actually have a system down so that I can get the reservation page fast. I want to surprise my mother with this for our mom-daughter trip in November.

I hope you get a reservation. If you're stalking the ADR system and this thread you'll be sure to get in :).

:rotfl: No, not just once a day, but I get up earlier just so I have time to check it before work. We haven't done the Dessert Party either, so it's my must do. We are also looking to try La Nouba, MVMCP and several other "new" things for us. I just can't finalize those others without knowing the Dessert Party is in hand. I check in the morning, when I get to work, when I have a lunch break, the end of the day at work, when I get home, and right before bed. It's sad!:rolleyes1

Waiting patiently also. I wish they would stick to the 90 days booking timeframe - it is annoying to have to check several times a day. If the 90 day booking time is more like 30 or 60 days out then they need to stick with a specific time and put it on the website. :confused3

I booked the Fantasmic Dessert party several years ago for a Disneyland trip and it was 30 days out. I was on the road the day reservations opened traveling to visit family on Cape Cod for the 4th of July weekend and had to stop on the road at noon - 9 am CA time to make the reservation. But at least I was able to book it when I was supposed to and not have to check constantly.

I had to laugh when I read your post, this past March we were into our 5th day of DxDP had dinner at Tony's took our dessert to go we were stuffed. We had an ADR for the Dessert Party but as we awaited the time to go line up we decided we were too desserted out and just wanted to head back to our resort, we could see Wishes from our balcony at the BW. We hated that we had paid the $ for the party but the DxDP had did us in. :rotfl2:

I am hopeing to book again for November but this time actually make it to the Party

I didn't want to be too full from dinner to enjoy it, so on the day I hope to get the dessert party I skipped lunch, booked a 4pm dinner and now my fingers are crosssed for the party. The first time I did DxDP (only time) I said never again, too much food. But I have made some awesome ressies for this trip and it was cheaper to upgrade to DxDp than to pay out of pocket. But I am much better at saying no to an appetizer or dessert (well, appetizer:rotfl2:) or taking little spoonfuls of food at a buffett............so Deluxe it is for this trip.
No kids, my mother who eats like a bird isn't with us this trip, we won't be in commando mode for this trip and we wont mind if we miss some attractions, its not like we haven't seen it/done it or we won't go again ;)

Hope we both get the party we want! Hopefully it won't be many more days before we know the great news or the bad news!:)

I'm waiting for Dec. to open. We've been three times before. Everyone's enjoyed it so much and it's the only thing my family has asked to do. The reservation system for the dessert party just seems so haphazard. I don't remember it being such a pain in the past.

VrBchJ said:
I'm waiting for Dec. to open. We've been three times before. Everyone's enjoyed it so much and it's the only thing my family has asked to do. The reservation system for the dessert party just seems so haphazard. I don't remember it being such a pain in the past.

We are doing December too. This will be our first time out there for Christmas. This is the only thing I have left to book and it's driving me mad lol :)

I think it's because you can't sell seat to the dessert party unless you know what the nightly schedule is. Disney normally finalizes that anywhere from 1 1/2 to 3 months out so thats when they open the party for booking.

The party of 21 is going 10/6 and we will let you know how we were seated. I ell try to update that night if possible.

When we were there in May, there was a large party of 20+. They took over the entire right side of the patio from front to back.

Really Stupid ?...

I'm on the fence about trying the dessert party in Nov. I haven't gone through this entire thread, but what I'm getting is that there's really no warning as to when each month will be loaded into the system, but that it's most likely somewhere inside the 90 day mark.

I probably shouldn't bother since my only night where it 'might' work we're having dinner at 6:35p at Crystal Palace and it's a must do, but for whatever reason- I wanted to check it out since I might be able to shift things around.

Aside from seeing other people post that the dates have been loaded, how do you know when the next month has been loaded into the system? I tried to see if there were any differences between loaded and unloaded months, but I'm having a hard time visually differentiating between the two since due to popularity- the loaded months are showing no availability when I search and look pretty much identical to the unloaded months.

Really Stupid ?...

I'm on the fence about trying the dessert party in Nov. I haven't gone through this entire thread, but what I'm getting is that there's really no warning as to when each month will be loaded into the system, but that it's most likely somewhere inside the 90 day mark.

I probably shouldn't bother since my only night where it 'might' work we're having dinner at 6:35p at Crystal Palace and it's a must do, but for whatever reason- I wanted to check it out since I might be able to shift things around.

Aside from seeing other people post that the dates have been loaded, how do you know when the next month has been loaded into the system? I tried to see if there were any differences between loaded and unloaded months, but I'm having a hard time visually differentiating between the two since due to popularity- the loaded months are showing no availability when I search and look pretty much identical to the unloaded months.

On the very first post of this thread you can see the dates when each month was open for booking. Traditionally, it's been 60 days out (either the last week of the month 60 days prior, or the first week of the month after if that makes any sense ;) ) For example, I'm waiting for November. It will either be released this last week in August or the first week in September (traditionally on Tuesdays, but that's not a rule.) The whole month opens at once.

You should definitely try it out! We've been to it 3 times and it's so fun! Especially if you're going during a busy time of year. Avoiding the crowds and not having to scope out a spot on a curb for 45 minutes is worth every penny :thumbsup2

On the very first post of this thread you can see the dates when each month was open for booking. Traditionally, it's been 60 days out (either the last week of the month 60 days prior, or the first week of the month after if that makes any sense ;) ) For example, I'm waiting for November. It will either be released this last week in August or the first week in September (traditionally on Tuesdays, but that's not a rule.) The whole month opens at once.

You should definitely try it out! We've been to it 3 times and it's so fun! Especially if you're going during a busy time of year. Avoiding the crowds and not having to scope out a spot on a curb for 45 minutes is worth every penny :thumbsup2

Just thought I'd add, that if you go to Novemeber and look at your night, it will not be available if it is grayed out. It should be available if it is not.

Most people when looking for the dessert party start checking multiple times a day and subscribe to this thread. I have October booked. I checked throughout the day, and still managed to miss it when it first opened. Thankfully, I did find out about it being up through subscription to this thread (instant email notifications) about an hour after it opened. As far as I can tell, I must have checked immediately prior to October being opened.

How do you get the email notification? That would be wonderful:banana:

At the top of this page is a blue header that says Thread Tools. Once you click on that a drop down menu appears and you need to click "Subscribe to this Thread". Then I think options drop down and the last choice (I think) is "instant email notification". Click on that regardless of where it is.....you will get an email anytime anyone responds to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter