Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread December 1-29 2012 Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a long thread so sorry if this has been asked & answered already, but can someone tell me what the most recent booked parties are costing for adults & what the cancelation policy is? Thanks!

My wife and I were fortunate enough to score a reservation for the first week of April but had a question for those of you that have already experienced "the party".

Is a tip expected at the end? The few buffets I've done in the past all involved a waiter or waitress handling your beverages and so a tip always seemed warranted.

Here it sounds like you help yourself entirely to the food and beverages so I was curious if a tip is expected.

Thanks!

I have gone numerous times...my has the price increased and the same buffet...but you do get your own beverages...they have CM picking up the dirty dishes, but it seems they share areas, so not necessarily the same CM...so we have never tipped...

Bonus, they will have a photo pass person there to take your picture by the rail with the castle in the background.

Great viewing area, but has become very expensive for the event if you are bringing the family.

Anyone else trying for July 4th? Sure the park will be crazy but my best friend is visiting from Australia and that just so happens to be the time we're going!

Anyone else trying for July 4th? Sure the park will be crazy but my best friend is visiting from Australia and that just so happens to be the time we're going!

I'm waiting for May, but here's some pixie dust pixiedust: for you that you get your reservations for this for July 4th!!

I am. My DD has that week off from work. It is suppose to be a zoo that night, so if I don't get it, we will probably do something else in another park.

I am. My DD has that week off from work. It is suppose to be a zoo that night, so if I don't get it, we will probably do something else in another park.

(This is actually my biggest Disney secret that I don't like to share ;))

Hands down, THE BEST day of the year to do the dessert party! The park is a madhouse and you get to enjoy the fireworks without having to smell your neighbor's day long park BO ;) My advice, see the MSEP another night so you don't need to worry about it. We left the dessert party after the July 4th fireworks show and tried to get over to Liberty Square to watch the 2nd showing of MSEP (just to get away from Main St.) Just getting from the Tomorrowland Terrace area, across Main St, and to the Crystal Palace took us almost 40 minutes :scared1: It was scary! Strollers getting tipped over, people yelling and pushing, not very Disney-like. If I were you, I'd just hang out in the dessert party until they kick you out! Another chocolate covered strawberry? Don't mind if I do :rotfl:

(This is actually my biggest Disney secret that I don't like to share ;))

Hands down, THE BEST day of the year to do the dessert party! The park is a madhouse and you get to enjoy the fireworks without having to smell your neighbor's day long park BO ;) My advice, see the MSEP another night so you don't need to worry about it. We left the dessert party after the July 4th fireworks show and tried to get over to Liberty Square to watch the 2nd showing of MSEP (just to get away from Main St.) Just getting from the Tomorrowland Terrace area, across Main St, and to the Crystal Palace took us almost 40 minutes :scared1: It was scary! Strollers getting tipped over, people yelling and pushing, not very Disney-like. If I were you, I'd just hang out in the dessert party until they kick you out! Another chocolate covered strawberry? Don't mind if I do :rotfl:

We'll be there then, too! Thanks for the head's up, SRUAlmn:thumbsup2
Hope we all get lucky!

Just wanna say that I called yesterday about another reservation and the CM said that they were able to book for June 20th...guess online reservations must be different.

Just wanna say that I called yesterday about another reservation and the CM said that they were able to book for June 20th...guess online reservations must be different.

Are you saying you were able to book the Dessert Party yesterday for June 20th by calling the Dining Line?

Are you saying you were able to book the Dessert Party yesterday for June 20th by calling the Dining Line?

That's what it sounded like to me! I'm going to call today since we are interested in booking for June 24th :thumbsup2

I've been waiting for May FOR EV ER!! I am on hold right now. They said they wait is 15 MINUTES!! :scared1: I think I need a Fastpass!!

I just got off the phone with Disney Dining and "Jean" said the May dates are NOT up yet. She said she expects them to open up at the beginning of March because its "about" a 60 day booking window. Disappointed, but I've waited this long . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter