Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread #3-book @ 180 Days Now!

Wow! They doubled the price per person!!!! And from what I can tell the only new things listed are cheese and character cupcakes. When we went in September they already provided chocolate-dipped strawberries, chocolate mousse, ice cream, fruit, cider, hot chocolate, lemonade, coffee, and tea. The "and more!" part better be a vibrating chair and a M&G!

I thought the same exact thing !! I was super happy to see that they were extending more dates, even under a new name. But then when I read that the price doubled - I dropped my jaw ! They are crazy !!! And it is basically the exact same dessert buffet. I mean if there was someone super exceptional that they were adding then I could rationalize it a bit. And I can understand a price increase...but doubling it is insanity ! I don't think we are going to go again in August now. :(

We've done the dessert party before and loved it, but $49 seems a little steep. I'm debating doing the pirate and pals cruise instead since the price is similar. Has anyone done both that can give me a comparison?

I'm not happy, but I have to book this if at all possible. My sister is coming to visit while we are there so she can't make her FP+ 60 days out like me (not staying on property) so we can't get the Wishes FP+. I just won't brave the crowds....so it looks like this is the only option for me. I'm disappointed in Disney for this. The price increase here isn't justified with the additions at all.

Anyway, anyone know what time we'll be able to reserve this tomorrow? I need to book it ASAP to make sure I don't miss out since we need July.

We've done both.
We've done the dessert party before and loved it, but $49 seems a little steep. I'm debating doing the pirate and pals cruise instead since the price is similar. Has anyone done both that can give me a comparison?
The dessert party is nice, the pirate cruise is great!!!

We usually do both each trip--- this new pricing is going to make us skip the dessert party in November--- would rather put our money to better use--- as far as the comparison--- pirate and pals is such a better event ( just our opinion) --- and now with the new dessert party pricing--- not even a comparison !!!

I thought the same exact thing !! I was super happy to see that they were extending more dates, even under a new name. But then when I read that the price doubled - I dropped my jaw ! They are crazy !!! And it is basically the exact same dessert buffet. I mean if there was someone super exceptional that they were adding then I could rationalize it a bit. And I can understand a price increase...but doubling it is insanity ! I don't think we are going to go again in August now. :(

Why... Carbonated apple juice and cheese chunks don't thrill you!!!??? It's really a joke '

I saw that too. They'll have to do a whole lot more than add some sparkling cider and fancier cupcakes for me to book it again. We did the party during our May/June, 2014 trip and will do it again this May but that'll probably be the last time. The pricing isn't worth it.

You forgot the ritz and cheese !!!

Be careful if you booked this today and got a error message. I had several charges for it on my credit card because I kept clicking to get it to go through.

Be careful if you booked this today and got a error message. I had several charges for it on my credit card because I kept clicking to get it to go through.

This happened to me as well (7 times, in fact) however when I called, the CM told me that the system was down at that time and the reservations did NOT go through and my card would not be charged. The charges say "pending" on my CC, so I will be watching closely to make sure they go away. Finally got this reservation for July. I've been trying daily since Dec. 29th!! I do NOT like the highly increased price, but we are traveling with friends that day, and we do not want to have to fight the crowds for Wishes.

Now I'm worried that the reservation that I did get will not go through :( It is listed in my reservations, so hope it did.

I did the same. We always wanted to try it, and was thinking about going in August until I saw the price. I just sent the info to my DW. I'm sure she'll say no way once she sees the price! :furious:

I saw availability for our group the day we wanted, called to book it this morning (paying with Disney gift cards) and was told they couldn't because of an IT issue and advised me not to try and book online because people were having several pending charges on the cc when getting a cancellation. So... I waited... and now they are all booked. I am sad- oh well, it will still be a good trip.

I saw availability for our group the day we wanted, called to book it this morning (paying with Disney gift cards) and was told they couldn't because of an IT issue and advised me not to try and book online because people were having several pending charges on the cc when getting a cancellation. So... I waited... and now they are all booked. I am sad- oh well, it will still be a good trip.

Take heart! It's more than likely booked because of all the double quadriple reservations people accidently made because of the error messages, so a bunch will probably open up later!

PLEASE NOTE- If you are booking over the phone make sure they are looking to book you for the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party and NOT the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party. Even though I had told her the Wishes one, the CM I was speaking with earlier was looking under the Tomorrowland Terrace one which is why she saw no reservations available. Thankfully, I figured it out and was able to call back and get our reservations! Woohoo!!! :dogdance:

Take heart! It's more than likely booked because of all the double quadriple reservations people accidently made because of the error messages, so a bunch will probably open up later!
I agree, Same thing happened when the BOG lunch came out and then later that day there were plenty.

Guilty.......I'm one of those ones that booked at the inflated price! But we have not done this before, and we're really looking forward to it for this trip. So after a LENGTHY discussion about it last night and how $50 each is definitely too much to pay for dessert and fireworks - we decided to do it anyway. This is the last big trip for my family before our oldest heads off to college.....so we felt it was worth it in that respect.

I was amazed at the price increase. Isn't it equivalent to the Sparkling Dessert Party now? I wanted to do something special for our upcoming trip and am glad I have reservations for TT. I didn't want to pay for two "adults" (10 and 13) that weren't going to be drinking at Epcot. Not to mention I'm a lightweight anyway :laughing:

PLEASE NOTE- If you are booking over the phone make sure they are looking to book you for the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party and NOT the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party. Even though I had told her the Wishes one, the CM I was speaking with earlier was looking under the Tomorrowland Terrace one which is why she saw no reservations available. Thankfully, I figured it out and was able to call back and get our reservations! Woohoo!!! :dogdance:

Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter