Wish Trippers...Unite!! Volume One

My daughter did not want to wear her button. When i told her that it would make her get special treatment, she wanted to be treated like everyone else. They told us if our child did not want to wear it for the parent to wear it. I found that cm's would try to guess which child it might be and if it was dd and her sister, they would think her sister was the sick one....because she is so thin and allergic looking. Also, dd had the most stamina and it was kind of funny. She is on an all organic diet, seeing the naturopath and accupunturist as well as ot, pt, and is in remission. She has been taking vitamins, supplements, you name it.. It was the rest of us who just let our medical needs go without taking care of ourselves and took care of everyone else that were wrecked the last two days especially...plus...my mom in an ecv..not tired...dd in a stroller not tired...ds...not tired...RG stayed home to rest at the villa two days....dh and I walked and pushed strollers and wheelchairs the whole entire time. AAAT girl with the blisters....oh my...the three of us walking were very tired. Of course, the kid who drank a half a bottle of cod liver oil...not a peep of complaint from him the whole week. He stayed home at the villa one day though too.

Hi all
Just back tonight - quick update

Momof2wCF - Sorry I didn't call, I know what you mean about being shredded. The training was fabulous and exhausting. I cried buckets at the videos and learned a lot! Then we took an endless walking tour - I'll bet you had a fabulous time just in the village! I have photos.

Those to whom I promised post cards - they haven't been mailed yet - I'm sorry. I went in every shop I saw right up to the airport and could not find ONE Poohgang or peter Pan post card. I feel so badly about it. On the upside, postcards *WILL* be forthcoming, and I have a FABULOUS photo of Peter Pan and Tinkerbelle for our little Peter fan.

If anyone else reading this thread is thinking of volunteering, please take solid shoes like sneakers or oxfords, not sandals, crocs with holes or flipflops. I missed an opportunity to volunteer this weekend because I didn't have the proper footwear.

We really appreciate the effort!! I'm sorry that you missed out on an opportunity to volunteer. Will you be going back soon? I would love to see your photo's, please share....

Here's my Peter Pan and Tinkerbell photo - they were fellow guests at the Halloween party on Friday night. I suppose they won't show up in the photo, but Tink had the most fabulous sparkly green eyelashes! Tinkerbear is my traveling companion, Dimples.

P1140261_0180_180.jpg

The cards went in the mail tonight, so they should be forthcoming soon! I was surprised at how poor the selection was :confused:

Linda, that is such a cute photo and so nice of that couple to pose for us! LOL

I wonder what the deal is with the postcards. You'd think they would have a postcard of at least the main characters at the Character Meets and Meals. *shrug*

I am in complete avoidance mode right now. We leave on Friday and I have done nothing in the way of packing. I do not let it get into my head Michael will be in surgery next Thursday. Its just not happening (in my head). I do have insomnia though and stay up until I pass out. I spend hours actively avoiding thinking. LOL

However, my Holiday shopping is almost done!

In other news, Michael is going to a chiropractor for his cough (we call him a voodoo Witch Doctor) and he thinks Michael will be cough free next week. We shall see. Coughs are always a headache with us since he has one from October through at least April and often later. Last/This year he had a cough from October through September with short 10 days off throughout the summer. Then about a month cough free between Sept and Oct. But he was the healthiest he's ever been. Go figure!

Sorry for the babbling.

I am in complete avoidance mode right now. We leave on Friday and I have done nothing in the way of packing. I do not let it get into my head Michael will be in surgery next Thursday. Its just not happening (in my head). I do have insomnia though and stay up until I pass out. I spend hours actively avoiding thinking. LOL
Wendygrace, When I'm in that mode I tell people it's *healthy denial*. Sometimes you just gotta be there to stay sane...or you know, relatively sane!:rolleyes: Hugs to you and Michael especially, but also Danae and DH.:hug:

Cute picture, Linda. You must be a very persuasive person to get them to pose for you!:laughing:

Hey Staci, Too funny you're from Medford. Where will you guys be flying out of?

Healthy denial is good - my daughter (adoptive mom of the child with bi-polar disorder and brain damange) calls it - disassociation. She just retreats to her mental happy place where the disaster isn't happening. You can prepare though, Wendy. Baby Steps. Make the list. get out the suitcase. stop the mail. make arrangements to board the dog. put the clothes in the suit case. . . you get the idea. Baby steps with a little reward after each one ;)

Good news, we have a nurse for the trip! The part of nurse Wendy will be played by nurse Michele. Karen

I am so glad and relieved to hear you have assistance on your trip! This is wonderful news!

From what I have read (haven't been yet), it seems like it is a card that gives you admission to lots of different attractions across the U.S. I think I read something about minature golf and zoo's. I could be wrong, I too read and read and read and read everything I can. I am becoming a novice and I haven't even left Oregon. :rotfl:

I see where WYM responded on this, but I had already added this to my multi quote soooo...LOL...anyway...there are numerous attractions all over the world that have an affiliation with an international entertainment/amusement park association that allow GKTW kids free admission to visit their parks, museums, etc. with the people who were on their wish trip. Off the top of my head some of them were Six Flags and Ripley's Believe it or not. I was floored when we received the packet at our checkout. Each participating venue has a contact person listed and you make arrangements with them ahead of time for your free admission. It is a wonderful parting gift from all those who made your wish trip so special.

However, my Holiday shopping is almost done!
In a word...disgusting! LOL...I am soooooo jealous! Wendy, we just got out of the hospital with my youngest...severe asthma attack. All these Disboarders have done "hard time" in a hospital room. We will all be thinking of Michael and your family on the 8th and for the weeks following. Let us know how things are going as you can.

we just got out of the hospital with my youngest...severe asthma attack.
Glad to hear you're home, 5dwarves, but my goodness! :sad2: It's not a really smooth time for any of the Wish Trippers right now! Hugs to you and your family!!:grouphug: Hope things settle down soon!

Will you guys ban me if I drop the trip report and just report on this thread? I promise to send some pictures. Karen:guilty:

Will you guys ban me if I drop the trip report and just report on this thread? I promise to send some pictures. Karen:guilty:

As long as you share info and pictures then I vote to keep you :rotfl2: Seriously, don't stress over it. A few years ago I could not have dreamed of having time to DIS but my life is a little slower pace these days and I have the time and enjoy it, but don't worry, we want you here regardless!! :hippie:

As long as you share info and pictures then I vote to keep you :rotfl2: Seriously, don't stress over it. A few years ago I could not have dreamed of having time to DIS but my life is a little slower pace these days and I have the time and enjoy it, but don't worry, we want you here regardless!! :hippie:

Thanks, Karen and Jill, for bringing this up. :thumbsup2

I cannot possibly see having the time to do a complete TR, but promise to give the highlights. Oh, by the way, we leave MONDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana: :dance3: :yay: :cool1:

Holly

Please don't feel compelled to write a trip report! You don't need another stressor in your life! LOL Please, come, read, share, write, enjoy, whereever you are, we will take you. We are all at different points in our lives and every minute that can change. For example, this may be my last post for awhile! LOL

Hey, so who wants to be the keeper of the info that goes on the first post so that I can update the first post when I get back?

Hello all!!! We are home!! And we are tired!! :lmao: We had a fabulous time and I am going to try and start my trip report soon. Today is going to be a unpacking/washing clothes/sorting/putting away/errand day:faint: :rotfl: and...oh yeah...catching up on the disboards day!!!!!!!! I tried to take notes throughout the vacation so that I wouldn't forget anything! :rotfl2: Will let you know when I start the tr!

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear the details but guess I will have to ;) Hope it was great. I am sort of sad as each person completes their trip. It seems like you build up and up and then the next thing I know it is over. I think I am headed for serious let down at the end of our trip. I need to start planning a bounce back trip or activity. The kids will be fine, it's me that is going to struggle :sad1:

Glad to hear you're home, 5dwarves, but my goodness! :sad2: It's not a really smooth time for any of the Wish Trippers right now! Hugs to you and your family!!:grouphug: Hope things settle down soon!

ASthma attacks are always so scarey - both for the patient AND the parents!:grouphug:

Thanks for your concern. It is always exhausting being in the hospital. All the alarms and bells going off on IV pumps and monitors all night...whew. To top it off, we had a gaggle of nursing students come through every day. They were all excited to listen to Nathan's breathing. Phrases like "cool, listen to how wheezy he is. " LOL...I guess a lot of them had only heard about those sounds and not actually heard it for themselves. When my wish kid, Adam, was 2 he was in the hospital for a week for issues with his liver, and a really young doctor did the admit on the floor. He looked like he was about 16. I asked him how long he had been a doctor and he said "since Monday." It was Thursday or Friday. LOL....oh my... He actually did a very good job because he would go home every night and research my son's disease and then come back the next day with a page of questions he had for me and for the ped surgeons. We nick named him the Boy Wonder.

No bans, only complete understanding! We will hold you to your promise though. ;)

I cannot possibly see having the time to do a complete TR, but promise to give the highlights. Oh, by the way, we leave MONDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly

Wooo Hoo...you could do your countdown in hours now! Cool!

Please don't feel compelled to write a trip report! You don't need another stressor in your life! LOL Please, come, read, share, write, enjoy, whereever you are, we will take you. We are all at different points in our lives and every minute that can change. For example, this may be my last post for awhile! LOL

Hey, so who wants to be the keeper of the info that goes on the first post so that I can update the first post when I get back?

Safe travels and best wishes Wendy. Sending all our happy thoughts your way!pixiedust:

Hello all!!! We are home!! And we are tired!! :lmao: We had a fabulous time and I am going to try and start my trip report soon. Today is going to be a unpacking/washing clothes/sorting/putting away/errand day:faint: :rotfl: and...oh yeah...catching up on the disboards day!!!!!!!! I tried to take notes throughout the vacation so that I wouldn't forget anything! :rotfl2: Will let you know when I start the tr!

I love it that you took notes at WDW! The other day I was surfing ebay and saw someone that had the phrase "proud Disboarder" in their item description. The china had nothing to do with Disney (I can't remember if it was Christmas ornaments or scrapbooking stuff - my two other vices). I felt compelled to bid, even though it wasn't something I really wanted. The Dis does something to us, doesn't it?

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear the details but guess I will have to ;) Hope it was great. I am sort of sad as each person completes their trip. It seems like you build up and up and then the next thing I know it is over. I think I am headed for serious let down at the end of our trip. I need to start planning a bounce back trip or activity. The kids will be fine, it's me that is going to struggle :sad1:

They do go by very quickly. The first week we were back, I was online checking out pricing for 2008. We booked for Star Wars Weekend. I am still not sure if we will be able to make it happen financially, but I am working towards that end! Why don't you plan to scrapbook it all when you get back. Get all those photos organized and get your memories written down. Going over the memorabilia might make the transition easier.

Alizesmom, Don't feel compelled to make a TR. We won't ban you from the site. We will love you none the less if you do a trip report or not. We would never want to add extra stress to your life over a simple TR. So don't stress about it and just try to remeber your going to Disney to have FUN and forget about all your problems!!!;)

Holly

Holly, WOW that's only 3 days away!!! I bet your all super excited and bouncing off the walls right about now. I know my family would be:upsidedow Again don't worry about the TR, simple highlights and a few details will definitely be good enough.

Have a wonderful trip!!! We leave next Saturday....9 days away!!! We won't land in Florida until the 11th though so I think we might just miss you!!:sad1:

Bon Voyage!!!

First off Welcome HOME!!! I can't wait to read all about your trip. Make sure to let us all know when you start your TR. :goodvibes

I think I might have to take some notes in Florida too to make sure I remember everything we did!!!:laughing: I'm sure the pictures will explain it all in the end though!!! :lmao:

Karen, Holly and Winnielover, Have a great trip! Whatever you can share would be great, but seriously, no pressure! :goodvibes I am doing a TR not only for you guys, but also I think it's the only way I will have everything down for the kids to look at someday in the future. So see, I have ulterior motives! :lmao:

Karla, Welcome home! It was great to meet you at GKTW, and I hope your trip was MAGICAL!! Can't wait to hear all about it!:banana: :banana:

Wendygrace, Hope everything goes smoothly, we'll be thinking about you!:hug:

I am so confused! Nothing new I guess. I have now lost complete track of who is gone, who just got back, who is in the hospital. Ughhh... I am having a pretty yucky day with a big head ache so maybe that's why I am confused but I would love a quick summary so I can be sure to say the appropriate thing to the right person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter