Will the antenna toppers fit "fat" antennas?

TeamEvansGo

Mouseketeer
Our car has the fat, short plastic antenna on the back and was wondering if any of the antenna toppers would fit. Thanks!

No they won't fit the hole on the bottom is small.. I have a similar situation. I had bought lots of those toppers for my previous car, but my current car has the
fat antenna like yours. So, what did I do with all those toppers?

I bought some tiny screw hooks...screwed them into the top of the toppers and tied fishing line to them...now they hang from my rearview mirror!
I change to a different one when the mood suits me :)
Right now a Buzz Lightyear topper is hanging on my rearview mirror

I have a Honda Fit with the fat antenna and I get mine to fit. I just take like a sharpie or wooden spoon handle, stick it up hole and set aside for several days. Then I have no problem fitting it on, I've never had one fall off either.

I drive a Yaris with the short fat antenna and I took a box cutter to the bottom of an antenna topper to widen the hole a bit. Worked beautifully.

I have a Honda Fit with the fat antenna and I get mine to fit. I just take like a sharpie or wooden spoon handle, stick it up hole and set aside for several days. Then I have no problem fitting it on, I've never had one fall off either.
Hmmm, that makes me think I might be able to bore out the hole a little larger with a Dremmel. Thanks for the tip.

We had a CRV with those fat antennas and I used a drill on the topper. We had a Sorcerer Mickey for a couple years before an automatic car wash knocked it off then a pirate Mickey for several years until we sold the car. Unfortunately our new car, the new Pilot has no antenna.

I just take like a sharpie or wooden spoon handle, stick it up hole and set aside for several days. Then I have no problem fitting it on, I've never had one fall off either.

I never would have thought to try that...thanks for the tip!

I actually found a bunch of the toppers at an outlet once and brought them back for my students to put on a pencil. I used a drill to make the hole wider and they worked great. Really easy. I drilled all 25 in about 5 minutes.

I have a Chevy Equinox and did the same thing! I was able to widen it by scraping around it with a pair of scissors. Fits great! (mine is the Mickey one that has the Test Track logo on it. The first time I sat in an Equinox was at Test Track, so it seemed appropriate! :) )

No they won't fit the hole on the bottom is small.. I have a similar situation. I had bought lots of those toppers for my previous car, but my current car has the
fat antenna like yours. So, what did I do with all those toppers?

I bought some tiny screw hooks...screwed them into the top of the toppers and tied fishing line to them...now they hang from my rearview mirror!
I change to a different one when the mood suits me :)
Right now a Buzz Lightyear topper is hanging on my rearview mirror
This is what I do as well.

I have Mike Wazowski on my RAV4. Bought the HM ghosts but they were to thin to widen the hole. Mike worked great!

I think it depends on which topper you have whether widening the hole will work.

Last edited:
No, they don't. DH tried to alter it to fit mine and it just fell right off.

I just insert my house key and twirl it around in there. Then it works fine on my fat antenna. But it's kind of like sharpening a pencil, there are "shavings", so mind where you do it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts