Will Memory Maker photographers still take a picture with your own camera if you ask?

Lavitz

Mouseketeer
Last time I bought Memory Maker I got a tip here to ask the photographer to take a picture with your personal camera after they do their thing with theirs (an extra pic and insurance if something goes wrong on their end). It turned out to be great advice and they were always quite happy to take the extra pic.

Just wanted to make sure they are still doing this.

Yes their always willing to take a photo of you with your camera. If you don't want them to take your photo with their camera then their fine with that. No need for them to do both if you don't want to

Not really necessary, but setting the focus and mode to "auto" can help the picture come out better. A few we forgot to do that and they turned out too dark or too blurry.

I had always done this too with our own camera and was happy I did. I didn't get some pics from the Photopass, something must have went wrong, so I was happy to have the ones from my own camera.

I had always done this too with our own camera and was happy I did. I didn't get some pics from the Photopass, something must have went wrong, so I was happy to have the ones from my own camera.
FYI - To any missing Photopass Photos, they are usually very successful in locating missing pictures. There is a form online, or you can call (or go in person if still at the parks). Just give them what you were wearing, approx time if you have it, date.

FYI - To any missing Photopass Photos, they are usually very successful in locating missing pictures. There is a form online, or you can call (or go in person if still at the parks). Just give them what you were wearing, approx time if you have it, date.

Thanks. It was 2012 and in Disneyland when that happened. I can't remember if I tried to locate or just accepted I didn't have them. But good know just in case.

Even if you don't buy memory maker will they still take a pic with my phone?

Yes any photopass photographer will take photos with your phone.

I have AP Photopass now so don't have to worry but if I had a Photopass photographer take a photo with my phone I always took one for photopass too. I figured they must keep track of how many photos each PP photographer takes and if everyone was just using them for free phone shots then they would go away. That is a personal preference though. Also it is the only way to get the magic shots which I had bought as a gift.

The ones we encountered were always more than happy to take our pictures with our personal camera. This was in front of the park icons and along with meet and greets, they don't just take one picture and call it good, they take quite a few photos for you.

I found at the busier character greetings the Photopass guy would use his camera, and then the other cast member (character handler?) would use your camera at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter