Wilderness Lodge Photo Thread- Please feed my addiction!!

Just booked my first stay at WL, so bumping in case anyone has more pictures to share! Thanks for the ones that are already posted; I just have the best feeling that this resort is going to be perfect for my family :)

Just used the room discount to upgrade our upcoming trip from POFQ to WL! First DLX for us, after years and years at POFQ. Feeling nervous I will never want to go back to MOD afterwards! :cool1:

Heading to WL at the end of January 2015 for a Disneymoon! Sooooo excited...it'll be my now (we just got married Oct. 11th) husband's first time to Disney World :) Can't wait to experience it with him!

Here are some from our stay last November. I was absolutely enamored with this resort, so I took a ton of pictures. Sorry if some of them are similar; I will do my best to try to post ones that are at least somewhat different from the others. Also, we were lucky enough to be there for the "Christmas turnover", so there are some pictures that are "normal" and some that are decorated for Christmas. Some new little touches would appear (poinsettias, etc.) daily, so again, some pictures may look the same, but may be a little different. I loved this resort!!

Our room 5032-booked standard view, but may have gotten upgrade, according to CM checking us in.

You may notice that there was a light out over one of the beds in some of the pictures. The light was out the day we checked in, but I left a note for mousekeeping the next morning and it was taken care of before we got back to our room that day.

Our view

To the right- It may be hard to tell, but we could see the lake through the trees

To the front

To the left- Can't see from the picture, but we had a view of the monorail track and could see the monorail going to and from the Contemporary. It was awesome!

Thanks for all the pictures crazycatlady! Can't wait to be back "home" at WL in three long months!

Your pics are really making me want to book a Christmas trip next time :love:

Thanks for all the pictures crazycatlady! Can't wait to be back "home" at WL in three long months!

Your pics are really making me want to book a Christmas trip next time :love:

I loved WL and have to admit, loved it even more once the Christmas decorations went up. :love: Have a great trip!! I have to wait another year before our next DW trip. :(

Superduperphotobonanaza, crazycatlady:cat:. I'm going to post a link to your photos on the WL/VWL thread:goodvibes

Crazycatlady-these are beautiful! Thank you for posting them. It must have been amazing to see the lodge go from no Christmas decorations to fully decorated overnight. Being there at Christmas was a dream of mine that came true in 2009. I wouldn't mind it coming true again!

Wow, so many great shots!! Thank you for sharing Crazycatlady!! I go in just over 2 months now, and love seeing all the details that I've not seen from others, not to mention the gorgeous sunrise pics!!

Thanks mum2four, WDWKook, bluecastle, and BlondeBelle! I appreciate your kind words. I really loved WL and just couldn't stop taking pictures! :goodvibes I actually only posted about half of the ones I took. :blush: After our first day, my dad decided that RD just wasn't going to work for him, so he slept in each day and I got up (I can't sleep past 5:30 am) and wandered the beautiful lodge taking pictures and soaking up the atmosphere. The problem is that I would forget from day to day what I had taken pictures of, so I ended up with a lot of similar shots. :)

Bluecastle- Yes, it was absolutely magical to see the transformation to Christmas decorations. It was kind of like being a kid again and waking up to see all the presents under the tree on Christmas morning. I couldn't wait for my dad to wake up so I could bring him down to the lobby and see it for himself. :love:

Oh my gosh! I am in my final week of closing on our dvc at vwl, and cant wait to go there for Christmas next year! It looks so beautiful.
Wondering if you can actually know which night they will be putting up the decorations ahead of time. It would be really great to stay there that night, and wake up in the morning and go wander around looking at all the decorations.
if anyone happens to know this, I would love to be filled in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter