• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why You Should Keep Trying!!!

pennyplanner

DIS Veteran
Yesterday morning, I did my usual bleary eyed check of my email accounts and my daily ADR check for a better time for Le Cellier.

I had originally booked a Saturday night for 8:30 p.m. (the only time available) and I had visions of being seated around midnight!:rotfl:

Lo and behold, a reservation for 6:20 p.m. popped up on one of the three nights I checked. BINGO!!! I placed it in my cart, checked California Grill for Saturday night and took an early booking there.

Woohoo!!! My sister has never been and I'd had both mediocre and wonderful meals there. We'll see what our early August, Canadian dinner brings this time!:goodvibes

--pennyplanner

can you explain what you mean by "cart"? is there another way besides on the phone to check/schedule ADR's?

btw congrats on getting le cellier, been wanting to try it forever.

can you explain what you mean by "cart"? is there another way besides on the phone to check/schedule ADR's?

You can make ADRs on-line now on the Disney website. This has been up and running for several months now (if not longer; can't really remember when it started).

http://disney.go.com/index
Click on Parks and Travel
Click on Walt Disney World in Florida
Scroll over Where to Eat and click on Dining Reservations

You don't actually put them in the cart any more. That was a change from the original online system. I totally freaked out because it wanted to sign me in BUT wouldn't take my password. I was so afraid I'd lose the booking!!! I just backed out and took down my reservation number.

Best of luck! I tried for weeks and weeks and weeks. Really. :goodvibes

--pennyplanner

WAHOO!!! we just came back from a last minute (booked 3 weeks prior to going) trip and couldnt get Le Cellier...:sad2:

BUT, after checking and checking and checking - I was able to book The Crystal Palace(dinner @ 7:10pm), Chef Mickeys (dinner @ 6:40pm) and O'Hana's (bfast @ 8:10am) ...along with Biergarten, Tutto and LLT (twice!)

you're SO LUCKY!!!! :banana:

After a couple of weeks of trying everyday I finally got my Le Cellier" and at a resonalble time 5:55, this is the perfect time because we're hoping to do the Candlelight Processional that day.

Way to Go! I looked online 2-3 x a day for a couple of weeks, and just out of nowhere a Le Cellier reservation came up for us too. I ran through the house so excited -while my husband, kids and the cat looked at me like I was crazy- so only a few truly understand your excitement!

Mrs. Popeye,

I'm glad you can relate!!! :goodvibes They'll all thank you after a wonderful meal. Okay, except for the cat. :lmao:

--penny

that's great that you got what you wanted!

To answer someone's question, yes you can canel online.. you go to the 'my reservations' tab at the top and then it will show you all your dining adrs and to the right it says cancel or edit.

I think they should add a feature where you can type in your vacation days and click find an adr on any of these days.

I've been trying daily to get ADRs at Le Cellier and I got them yesterday!!! But I couldn't find any availability when I searched by the restaurant name. When I tried 'Epcot' and my date, it popped up. Not sure why but hey, I'm just happy I got the reservation!

i replied earlier in the thread saying that i had no luck with getting the ADR time that i wanted but..what do you know?! 2 days later and there was an opening !!! yes!!!! :banana: :banana::banana:

It pays to keep checking! I have been checking several times a day and I finally got everything I wanted, including Le Cellier and Chef Mickeys. They seem to pop up when you least expect it--keep trying and don't get discouraged! I actually had both of these restaurants booked but not the days I wanted and then I was able to get the correct days so I actually had them booked twice. I cancelled them earlier so cancellations are happening all the time!

I'm hoping some of your luck rubs off :) We had our trip/ressies all set for Aug 4-11th.. But last night my son decided he doesn't want to play football this year :( So now I changed our dates to get cheaper room rates & the QS dining (upgrading to the reg plan). So now I NEED Chef Mickeys & LeCellier. I'm off to stalk the reservation site :)

Normally I lurk but I have to share. I had a lunch reservation for Le Cellier but really wanted a dinner reservation that would have us out in time to catch Illuminations. I've been calling twice a day and checking the website too many times a day to admit. After reading the latest posts to this thread I decided to give it a try and GOT A TABLE FOR 5:35!!!! It's perfect and it frees up an 11:30 lunch slot on 8/16 for three if anyone wants it. I'll post it on the appropriate thread if someone wants to try to coordinate.

Keep the faith and don't give up!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You guys are making me so happy I started this thread.
Nothing like success after obsessive, er I mean, determined efforts! :goodvibes

--pennyplanner

This thread is soooo encouraging! I still haven't gotten the Le Cellier reservation for my September trip (and it's gonna be my first one & honeymoon), but there's still time, and I hope I'll get one in the end. Whenever I feel discouraged by my failed attempts, I come here and feel encouraged :banana: I'm hoping to post another message in this thread to say "yeah, I'm convinced!" :wizard:

Just got a Crystal Palace for 8:05 am before the park opens. I too have been checking daily. I saw all these posts of pictures down an empty Main Street and it was so cool. I can't wait to take my own.:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter