Why such love for Soarin?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
I know it's very popular but why? Both me and my wife found it to be kinda eh.

I feel like it would be possibly a better ride if it were individual screens or possibly replacing the actual footage for graphics based environment that can change each time you ride....

Thoughts? Why do you love it so much?

The first time I rode I found it to be less than thrilling, I also got super bad motion sickness and spent the rest of the morning wishing I hadn't ridden.

Take number two, and I was fine, and I really enjoyed it, and every time since then I've loved it. I think it's the combination of the majestic music, the scenery, the smells, the fact that it actually feels like you're flying over these places! It does help to be in the front row, and in one of the seats that you can't see the black specks, but hey, it's all fantastic IMO. We each have our share of favourite rides, so who knows :confused3

Agreed. We have done Soarin' each visit. I would love to see a different theme, at least for one of the ride ports. You could do so much, like a European, Australian, African, etc. theme. With today's technology, I can't imagine a long shutdown would be needed. I love the concept, but would welcome a different "flight".

We love the ride but I am a tad tired of the California version, be nice if they had several dif places as high tech as Disney is I cant see this being that hard to do

We don't care for it much either. My kids call it Borin'. :laughing: I would go on it again but only if there was no line. We had a lot of expectations for this ride and were very underwhelmed by the reality.

Its my favorite ride. Love the music and the big screen. Love the smells and the "breezes." I would ride it every day if I could :goodvibes.

We love the ride but I am a tad tired of the California version, be nice if they had several dif places as high tech as Disney is I cant see this being that hard to do

I agree!! We love the ride, but my daughter and I were talking about how cool it would be to have a variety of themes. Throughout the world, they could develop some incredible footage.

I have to agree, I just don't get it. The first year we waited in line for almost 2 hours and when we finally got to ride it, I was stunned at how boring it was. It reminded me of those PBS specials they used for fundraising "Over Washington" or "Over Hawaii". It was the worst waste of time on a busy Christmas trip I have ever done. I do agree it would be nice if they changed it up a bit and added different states with scents as well. At least get a new footage reel of CA, perhaps one without specks on the lense. :confused3

Why do people love Soaring? Because it's a ride the WHOLE family can enjoy - from the youngest kid to the oldest grandparent.

Patrick Warburton :thumbsup2 ...actually we haven't been on it for probably the last three years. But we will this year, I'm making reservations. ;)

Well, you can't please everyone.

We love Soarin. Love the music, the scenes and the whole technology package that creates the experience.

We don't care for it much either. My kids call it Borin'. :laughing: I would go on it again but only if there was no line. We had a lot of expectations for this ride and were very underwhelmed by the reality.

Ha, yes Borin' indeed. I would rather ride the People Mover.

It also does have a 40" requirement (so yes to old, but not young). My DS3 can sometimes be weird about heights, so I opted to skip that one for him earlier this month...now he did love Test Track and BTMRR...I was just nervous about what if he freaks out and tries to wiggle out of the harnesses.

I don't get it either (then again I can't stand TT so maybe I'm out of touch!) It's an ok ride, but I'd never wait more than 20mins for it. Luckily that's possible with FP/FP+ , but if it was at any other park I would skip it in favor of FPing the better rides.

There are any number of things at the parks that we can't do -- for physical reasons some of them -- but we love Soarin'. The first time I rode I was very nervous because I have a thing about height when I'm "in the open" and don't have a plane or building wrapped around me!!
Loved it and we ride it every time. Before the fast pass plus thing came up, we'd do standby and get a fast pass for a second ride before moving on to other parts of Future World. Now I'm not sure what to expect.
Anyway, the HUGE wraparound screen is part of the ride you wouldn't want to change. That and the movement of the banks of seats, the breeze, the feeling that you're in the movie. Love it all.
We've ridden in all the rows and everywhere from the end to the center seat. The center of the front row is best in our opinion. I've seen little children and people older than us (gasp) who totally enjoyed it.
I'd like to see a Disney over the world too, but will take Soarin' in the meantime.
:love:

I wouldn't wait a long time for it, but I enjoy it and try to do it once a trip - it's one of those "gentle/mild-thrill" rides that I can do and enjoy. I would like to see a new version, especially if they would do something like Star Tours, where you never know which scenes you'll get. (As an "Up" fan, Soarin' Around the World with Carl, Russell & Dug would be a bonus!)

If you rode it and don't already get it, nothing anyone says is going to change that.

I love the music and the smells but there is no way I would wait longer than 20 minutes to board. Other members of my family will happily wait in a 60+ minute queue for it, so to each their own!

One reason it is so popular is because there are only 2 headliners in that whole park. If they put it in MK I bet the standby time would be much less. My family loves it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter