Why such love for Soarin?

Soarin around the world is a great idea, they could do the world showcase countries.

I was on a business trip to Vancouver recently, and they had an attraction called 'Flyover Canada' that was the same as Soarin (literally...same seats) so if they could license that one they're off to a start already!

Why do people love Soaring? Because it's a ride the WHOLE family can enjoy - from the youngest kid to the oldest grandparent.

Bingo!! This is one of the few rides DW will ride. Could it be better? Heck yes. Why they haven't updated it is beyond me - oh yeah money. I think the same thing applies to Toy Story Mania @ DHS.

They need to clean that film if they are going to keep using it...lots of dust visible on the screen.

Also, the youngest can't ride it. My dd won't be able to ride it for several years.

I love it. It's my second favorite ride in ALL of the world. I don't particularly feel the need to defend that love to anyone...if it's not your thing, it's not your thing. Plenty of rides are not my thing that others love (Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey over at IOA comes to mind).

I would love to see a new film though. And I don't think it's the film that's dirty, rather it's dust in the gate (in the projector itself). Either way, they could do something about it...EXCEPT, in order to either clean it or update it, it would require it to be shut down for a period of time. And in a park that is SORELY short on attractions, particularly headliners, that would be suicide for Epcot.

I'd expect an update after they put something new in the park...which at this point isn't looking like anytime soon.

Not for me either. I thought it may have been because I'm from the UK and don't 'get it', but then I do have a desire to visit California!

Just feel so much more could be done, I came off feeling very underwhelmed! I wouldn't queue longer than 15-20 minutes for this now.

Why do people love Soaring? Because it's a ride the WHOLE family can enjoy - from the youngest kid to the oldest grandparent.

Except that "youngest kid" CAN'T enjoy it and members of the family of any age who are afraid of heights WON'T enjoy it.

This is like saying the WHOLE family can enjoy Tower of Terror (same height restriction)

Actually my ds is afraid of heights and he does enjoy Soarin. The first time he was quite nervous until he saw that it really isn't that far off the floor. He does not like to be in the front row though.

Children under a certain seated height has to use the safety strap in addition to the seatbelt so a small child can't fall out. My ds is 12 but he opted to use the strap as well.

We love Soarin' - it's so relaxing and you leave feeling happy every time.

Plus, last time we rode, we had the pleasure of sitting next to an elderly couple who were a bit nervous getting on, and then once the movie started had the absolute time of their lives. They were exclaiming in joy and wonder the way people exclaim at a fireworks show. They really made our ride!

To be honest this is how I feel about almost every ride at Disney---have never understood how anyone could wait over a half hour to ride anything in any of the parks. You can get a better ride a Cedar Point for goodness sakes. I feel like its part of the "koolaid" to actually say that you like the rides at WDW. With that being said...I do find Soarin to be a little more fun than most there.

To be honest this is how I feel about almost every ride at Disney---have never understood how anyone could wait over a half hour to ride anything in any of the parks. You can get a better ride a Cedar Point for goodness sakes. I feel like its part of the "koolaid" to actually say that you like the rides at WDW. With that being said...I do find Soarin to be a little more fun than most there.

So, um... why are you here, drinking the "koolaid" with the rest of us? :confused3

I totally agree. I love Disney for the whole theming and experience, but the rides are not that good right now. They were maybe 20 to 30 years ago, but Disney's have failed in staying ahead of the technology. The renovations do not have the wow factor anymore.

So, having said that, their markting people have to make a fuzz about their newest rides in order to attract new people. I think that why they make soaring look like a big deal, when all it is is a open simulator.

Agreed. We have done Soarin' each visit. I would love to see a different theme, at least for one of the ride ports. You could do so much, like a European, Australian, African, etc. theme. With today's technology, I can't imagine a long shutdown would be needed. I love the concept, but would welcome a different "flight".

We love the ride but I am a tad tired of the California version, be nice if they had several dif places as high tech as Disney is I cant see this being that hard to do

My husband and I both love Soarin'. That said, we have talked about how we would like to see it moved to The American Adventure and rethemed to be Soarin' Over America. We love the idea of going over the orange groves of Florida, Martha's Vineyard, the cherry blossoms of Washington, the peach orchards of Georgia, the Rockies, oil fields and ranches of Texas, Mount Rushmore, The Grand Canyon, the evergreens of Washington state, etc.

you are right Louise-it is definitely the whole theme-ing and experience that brings us back. For me also it is the sentimentality for our first trips when the kids were little. Such great family times. Our upcoming trip will hopefully reacapture some of that. It will probably be our last too. The kids really do like more adventurous rides at this point. They are bigger fans of Universal now too-we went last year and they both said how much they prefer it to Disney.

You can say you dont know why people go nuts over many things. I dont like soarin' just because i dont like the motion screen. Makes me feel sick.

My thing i dont get the big fuss over is Dole Whip :confused3

We don't care for it much either. My kids call it Borin'. :laughing: I would go on it again but only if there was no line. We had a lot of expectations for this ride and were very underwhelmed by the reality.

My wife and I actually call it Snorin';) We will ride it if it has a 10 minute wait. :rolleyes1

What I find funny is Soarin' at Disney's California Adventure is not the draw that it is at EPCOT (and it's the exact same ride), it does not have the same fan following nor the extremely wacky long line. But in EPCOT people go crazy for it.

What I find funny is Soarin' at Disney's California Adventure is not the draw that it is at EPCOT (and it's the exact same ride), it does not have the same fan following nor the extremely wacky long line. But in EPCOT people go crazy for it.

We totally noticed that too on our trip to DL. I think the reason is because DCA has way more attractions to offset the demand. DCA also has TSMM without FP and the line gets nowhere near as long as it does at DHS.

Once again....it comes down to lack of attractions available.

It's a Must Ride for us. And thanks to FP+ we got to ride it three times this last trip. And we always wait to get the first row, center ride. We think it's worth the added wait not to see feet and the sides of the film. Would we like to see the film changed to Florida scenes... yes. But I will keep riding it none the less. Not sure why we love it so much. We just do. ;)
Nancy princess:

After hundreds of trips to WDW we finally got to ride. Soarin last time at Epcot (one of the benefits of fp+) but we didn't really see the big deal. I guess we had heard how great it was for so long, just about anything would've been a letdown. It was good but not a must do for us.

We love Soarin'. For me, it's something fun our whole family can experience. I love the smells, the feeling of flying, the sounds, etc. I agree with all the others that posted it's time for a new "flight" though. My DH loves Star Tours for that very reason. Every time he rides he feels he's gotten a different experience since the scenes change. It would be easy for Disney to create a different flight. It would certainly add to the fun to experience different flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter