Why do people order a case of water?

Lewis Black says "Aquafina...I think it means the end of water as we know it." and "You know where spring water comes from? There's a couple in Pittsburgh that sit in a bathtub and fill these up."

Actually I drink bottled water daily, and at WDW we stock the room with bottled water because the local tap water isn't great (but it's certainly potable.)

I don't like the taste of Florida water much, so I usually like to drink bottled. Doesn't upset my stomach or anything, but tastes a bit swampy and weird.

I just carry a bottle or cup around the parks and at the hotels. They have water fountains set up everywhere. To me, it just tastes like water. I never understood a different taste in water. It all depends on your preference! :)

2. Bottled water preference. Apparently there are some people who don't like Dasani. I think all bottled water tastes the same, but I'd prefer Zephyrhills over Dasani to support the little guy (plus, I miss the days when Zephyrhills was the water of choice in the Disney parks; it was nice to see them using the local company instead of the global conglomerate)....
Just a note, Zephyrhills is part of the Nestle global conglomerate....has been since 1987 (sorry about that...)

Dave

Last edited:
I think Orlando water tastes horrible. We drink a ton of water, so we order ten of the gallons and fill our water bottles in the room to take to the parks.
I can't speak for tap water at WDW as I drink bottled water there, but not all of Orlando has nasty water. We live in Orlando, and honestly the water is as good as it gets. I have no idea about the origin of the water but it sounds likely it's not the same as WDW.

MG

This is what I use too! its filtered water....and tastes great. and its cold. Thats why i too dont understand why people buy cases of water. Its much easier to bring a reusable bottle/canister from home and refill it at the pop station using the ice and filtered water. The canister keeps it cold much longer than a standard plastic water bottle does.

^ ^ this I do. I understand some might have never been to WDW thus felt the urge to have a case of water. But there are beverage fountains everywhere and filling a bottle of water really isn't a problem. I filled my big 32 oz bottle at lunch/dinner and never had to purposely go to a restaurant to get water..... The water at the beverage station tastes great. Also the thought of these plastic bottles going into landfill just don't sound good....

It catches you too! That is a good point we drink bottled water at home also! It's not very pleasant where we live in this region in the UK. Very high in limescale. It looks almost white! I like Evian get it by the case in Costco!
I use a combination of gallons of distilled for coffee and tea, SmartWater and San Pellegrino at home and that's what we do when we go to WDW also. I should check the price for Evian at our Costco, never really thought about it. Would come in handy at Aulani.

I use a combination of gallons of distilled for coffee and tea, SmartWater and San Pellegrino at home and that's what we do when we go to WDW also. I should check the price for Evian at our Costco, never really thought about it. Would come in handy at Aulani.

I adore S Pellegrino!

I agree with the taste, definitely not my favorite, but be careful buying water bottles in the parks! The cost of buying multiple bottles every day can really add up. My family usually buys one water bottle at the beginning of the day, shares it, and continues to fill it up in water fountains, which usually taste just fine.

This being said, we do have water bottles that we bring with us in the room, because at night its nice to have good tasting water close by!

Here in France (in particular in Paris) the tap water is good, even if a big glass of cold Evian is better.

Last year I traveled across the USA (NYC, Boston, West coast, Vegas, National Parks) and the tap water was, well, drinkable. I prefer beverages like gatorade/powerade.

We fill up our water bottles from the drink dispenser at our resort. The water is chilled, free and tastes delicious.

Same here, we use the collapsible water bottles (silicone) and once they are empty we roll them up and tuck them away. Thirsty again? There is always a free ice water location steps away and we just pour it right back in again. We usually only have to refill once before lunch and then we get drinks with lunch and once after lunch. Our son is very sensitive to the heat so he has a neck cooler and water all day and it's perfect!

I drink tap at home through a Brita filter. When we go to Disney, their tap water straight is nasty, IMHO. We have a case delivered to the room with the rest of our Garden Grocer order. I use 2 bottles a day making coffee. Plus water for drinking. We have Brita filter water bottles that we bring with us to the Parks. We fill them in the room and refill at a bubbler (or with ice water from a QS or kiosk when available) throughout the day. The Brita filter helps with the nasty Florida water taste.

I brought a small Brita pitcher and also cases of water when we went. The Brita pitcher was for in the room and the bottles were to carry with us. We had a stroller, so it was easy to store a cooler in the bottom and just have relatively cool drinks when we wanted (instead of finding a CS location or a drinking fountain).
I can drink FL tap water, but DH doesn't like it AND he is grossed out by drinking fountains.

We also go in June...it is really hot. We have been 4 different summers, and every single time I have seen someone passed out with what looks like a heat problem getting First Aid. We like having a supply of water in the parks so that we know we are drinking.

When we went without a stroller (no kids), I did just bring a refillable water bottle with a filter in it.

And I can actually buy a case of water at the grocery store for what one bottle costs at Disney. We generally need at least 2 cases because we are a family of 5 in the summer.

This is what I use too! its filtered water....and tastes great. and its cold. Thats why i too dont understand why people buy cases of water. Its much easier to bring a reusable bottle/canister from home and refill it at the pop station using the ice and filtered water. The canister keeps it cold much longer than a standard plastic water bottle does.
I can take cold drinks right from my fridge into a soft sided cooler into the bottom of the stroller. I don't have to go to the refill station.

We purchase several large bottles of water every day or two from our resort grocery to keep in our fridge. We don't order a case. We purchase bottled water in the parks when needed. We don't carry it in with us. Just easier for us...

We don't drink Disney tap water because there's no need for us to, but we wouldn't be opposed to it if we were thirsty and that's all there was.

I think Orlando water tastes horrible. We drink a ton of water, so we order ten of the gallons and fill our water bottles in the room to take to the parks.

It's absolutely horrific tasting, especially in the warmer months. We have a filter system with 4 water bottles that we bring on each trip. We can filter the water in our room and use it for drinking and making coffee. It's similar to this.

upload_2016-8-30_15-39-54.png

We also bring a case of water on the road so we have extras if necessary.

Depending on where you are from, yes the water out of the tap there really is that bad. I will admit I do not want to have to carry a water bottle everywhere, so I go with plastic bottles there as its a convenience thing. I also like my water room temperature, so the counters are giving you free ice water or you fill from the soda machine which to me still has an odd taste. For my next trip we are ordering a case and some snack items to be sent to the resort. I like knowing I have what I need and not relying on overpriced items from the kiosks.

We always bought bottled water to resorts. The taste was just off.. And dare I say, seemed slimy. We didn't even use tap for teeth brushing lol. Dh Always complained that even shampoo doesn't come out of hair n such in the showers at Disney. In NY we drank tap without Taste issues.
Fast forward ... We Moved to Fla, (though not near Orlando). We use an Added water filtration system in our taps, our frig And I buy bottled water cases each week.
Habit? Some would say Yes ( the dh drinks tap here) but it's Taste and simply makes me Happy, so why not.
My only suggestion is Not to leave/store bottled water in car or garages!

We always bought bottled water to resorts. The taste was just off.. And dare I say, seemed slimy. We didn't even use tap for teeth brushing lol. Dh Always complained that even shampoo doesn't come out of hair n such in the showers at Disney. In NY we drank tap without Taste issues.
Fast forward ... We Moved to Fla, (though not near Orlando). We use an Added water filtration system in our taps, our frig And I buy bottled water cases each week.
Habit? Some would say Yes ( the dh drinks tap here) but it's Taste and simply makes me Happy, so why not.
My only suggestion is Not to leave/store bottled water in car or garages!
Oh, I hated washing my hair down there. The only good thing about vacation ending was being able to give my hair a good washing back home in NY.

I live out in the country and we have a well. To me tap water tastes funny. I can deal with it when we go on some trips but not Florida. Florida water tastes horrible and it smells a little off. As mentioned in PP it makes your hair feel nasty as well. I'm not sure why or what is in it but I'd just prefer to pay the extra for the bottled water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter