Why do people order a case of water?

stpie

Earning My Ears
I'm sorry this seems like a silly question. This will be our first time at WDW, and we are staying at Poly for 6 days.

Can we drink the tap water there? We usually bring water bottles and fill them at other places we visit.

Thank you for answering!

The tap water is slightly "off". It doesn't bother me. I really think most people do it because it's cheaper than buying bottled water on property and more convenient than carrying a water bottle everywhere. Because the people I know who do it buy the generic cheap bottled water that doesn't taste all that different than tap water. If I spend money on bottled water I like to go all fancy :dancer:

Some people order a case of water and have it delivered to their resort because by the time you purchase a few individual water bottles in the parks you could have purchase a whole case for the same price.

Yes its safe to drink the tap water although some absolutely cannot stand the slight sulfur taste.

Personally if I'm thirsty enough tap water does not bother me.

What I generally do though is go to the groceery store at home and buy a case and then pack a few in my suitcase.
Once I drink it I will refill with tap water from the sink in the room and put it in the fridge overnight. It seems that the colder it is the less of a funky taste you get.

When at the parks I'll refill at the water fountains as I said when I'm thirsty enough it does not bother me.

For us it depends....
  • when I have overseas relatives visiting.... I grab a case of water from Costco to meet them at the airport. It's much appreciated as they are heavy water drinkers. Bottle water is so convenient.
  • when I go on a cruise.....I get a 6 pack... shove what I can in the carry-on.
  • when I go on a road trip.... I pick up a case at Walmart or Costco to load into my cooler.... when travelling in a large group? I skip the 6 pack and get the larger cases. Yep individual bottles are expensive. With a car..... it makes it so easy to travel with a case of water. Overnight.... I shove my gel cooling packs in the hotel room freezer. The packs go into the cooler in the morning to keep the water chilled. I sometimes put one or two bottles in the freezer when I'm up in the morning to pre-chill the water for an hour or so....

What I generally do though is go to the groceery store at home and buy a case and then pack a few in my suitcase.

We can't stand the tap water in Florida. We are on the same water system that Absopure and Ice Mountian pull from. We also fly Southwest so We each get two free checked bags.

So today I went to Walmart and paid $3.68 for 28-16 oz bottles of water. That same quantity would have cost us $70 at Dismey at $2.50 each, or worse used our snack credits we are saving for F&W.

So we pack a few every day in the back pack and then if we need to we refill at the CS with ice water. We usually also get bottled water at CS to take along with us.

Stacy

I have to say that I'm really picky when talking about water...

In my last visits, I really could not drink tap water, the aftertaste to me was really horrible (and that was also for ice, I always had to ask coke and other stuff without Ice...). Plus, I didn't like also the dasani bottled water :worried:

So, to me order some water in my next trip was one of the most important things to do!

Of course, it is different for everyone...you are absolutely safe drinking tap water :)

I have to say that I'm really picky when talking about water...

In my last visits, I really could not drink tap water, the aftertaste to me was really horrible (and that was also for ice, I always had to ask coke and other stuff without Ice...). Plus, I didn't like also the dasani bottled water :worried:

So, to me order some water in my next trip was one of the most important things to do!

Of course, it is different for everyone...you are absolutely safe drinking tap water :)
I think that this post sums it up best. I usually just drink tap water up home in Ohio. And I have tried to drink tap water as much as possible at WDW, but something about the aftertaste/taste doesn't mesh with me.

I think Orlando water tastes horrible. We drink a ton of water, so we order ten of the gallons and fill our water bottles in the room to take to the parks.

We too aren't crazy about the taste of the tap water here & we don't feel like stopping at restaurants to ask for ice water throughout the day.

Bottled water is now $3 a bottle here at WDW. We ordered a 40-pack of water from Garden Grocer for 9.99. We throw a couple in the backpack for morning touring, have some on our resort break, pack a couple more for evening touring and it works out great.

(Garden Grocer does have a fee, but we also order beer, milk and breakfast / snack foods so it has worked out well for us.)

I think that it depends on what you're used to...here in italy I don't remember to have ever bought a bottle of water (just sparkling water), because tap water here is really good (not in all cities of course, but if you don't live in a bi city tap water is really good).

We fill up our water bottles from the drink dispenser at our resort. The water is chilled, free and tastes delicious.

This is what I use too! its filtered water....and tastes great. and its cold. Thats why i too dont understand why people buy cases of water. Its much easier to bring a reusable bottle/canister from home and refill it at the pop station using the ice and filtered water. The canister keeps it cold much longer than a standard plastic water bottle does.

We do the dining plan but I still order breakfast food and snacks from Garden Grocer. When I place my order I always buy a case of water to be delivered as well. We love to have good tasting water in our fridge while at Disney; we also take it into the parks with us so we can save our snack credits for Mickey bars! ❤️ April

Dasani is filtered municipal water local to the bottling plant. So it's very likely exactly what you get at Disney. Which is why you don't like it. Nor do I. What a waste. Spring water, tampered with, all the way for me.

I still can't believe what you get when you reverse the letters for Evian....

Fun with names of mountainous regions. Let's reverse Everest. Or Rainier (or Tahoma).

Eh. I think that it's a coincidence.

Also, Evian is delicious. :)

Florida tap water tastes horrible so usually even the locals will use some sort of filter. I will drink water out of the tap at WDW if I need a glass of water in the middle of the night or need to take a pill. I just get ice and go for it. In the parks I just ask for the free water, I try not to carry a bag and I'm certainly not going to carry a bottle around with me. I don't drink soft drinks so it's water or a refreshing adult beverage for me. I've stayed at the Swan where your $20 resort fee includes a bottle of water a day and most of the time I forget to even open it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter