Who's in for "One More Disney Day" 2-29-12?

DH booked us a trip as my birthday present so we'll be celebrating the whole 24 hours. We were originally going to stay at the Pop, but he surprised me and ended up upgrading us to the Contempo so we could walk back and forth if we needed a break :cloud9::love:

Do I have the best DH ever or what?:hug:

Now I only have to concentrate and do my job until we leave! :surfweb: Easier said than done, I am soooo STOKED!:dance3:

Kusco24DisneyDay.jpg
<--- What the conversation went like at our home LOL couldn't resist making this.

DH booked us a trip as my birthday present so we'll be celebrating the whole 24 hours. We were originally going to stay at the Pop, but he surprised me and ended up upgrading us to the Contempo so we could walk back and forth if we needed a break :cloud9::love:

Do I have the best DH ever or what?:hug:

Now I only have to concentrate and do my job until we leave! :surfweb: Easier said than done, I am soooo STOKED!:dance3:

Kusco24DisneyDay.jpg
<--- What the conversation went like at our home LOL couldn't resist making this.

I totally read that in the voices. Anyone who says they didn't is either lying, or has never seen the movie.

I wonder if there will be any Disney-holic who will start the day at WDW MK. Put in some hours, and then hitch a plane to Cali to end the day at DL. It may sound nuts, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone does it! Is that someone YOU??!! :worship:

I had planned on doing that exact thing. However, I really love MK so much better than DL and I can go to DL much easier now that I am the west coast. I want to concentrate all that 24 hour goodness on the park - not the airport. Instead we are going to hit all four parks - starting and ending with MK.

I had planned on doing that exact thing. However, I really love MK so much better than DL and I can go to DL much easier now that I am the west coast. I want to concentrate all that 24 hour goodness on the park - not the airport. Instead we are going to hit all four parks - starting and ending with MK.

See I knew someone would at least think of doing this. I bet if someone made special shirts "Both MKs--one day" it would be a hit.

Interesting excerpt courtesy of Jim Hill Media...

And speaking of overnight ... One of the lists that Ops is now putting together for the night of February 29th / morning of March 1st is places where people will typically go to catch a few Zzzs over the course of this "One More Disney Day" event. So if you're in the Magic Kingdom that night and happen to notice a lot of extra staff manning The Hall of Presidents, The Enchanted Tiki Room, Mickey's Philharmagic and Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress ... Well, there's a reason for that. These additional Cast Members will literally be working as wakers. Their jobs will be to sweep each of these individual theaters after each show is completed that night and then -- as politely as possible -- rouse those Guests who have fallen asleep over the course of those performances.

:rotfl2:

I totally read that in the voices. Anyone who says they didn't is either lying, or has never seen the movie.

hahahahah i totally did :rotfl2:
i sent it to my husband who hasnt seen the movie so i tried to explain it
i know he probably didnt find it as funny as me but it was still worth it

hahahahah i totally did :rotfl2:
i sent it to my husband who hasnt seen the movie so i tried to explain it
i know he probably didnt find it as funny as me but it was still worth it

LOL I knew you guys would get it :rotfl2:

I'm trying to finish up my touring plans for my 2 park days. So many meets have cropped up for the night of the 29th it's almost silly. At least it'll help keep me awake!

If you haven't checked out the link in my signature below for my DISmeet please join us. I'm using this meet to raise funds for Give Kids the World (the Orlando village that hosts kids with life-threatening diseases and gives them magical, cost-free vacations). Please sign up to meet us at Pirates of the Caribbean at 10:30pm! We can chat with other DISers, maybe we'll be lucky enough to have Aloha Isle still open for Dole Whips, ride Pirates and get glow accessories. I'm shopping for more tomorrow so sign up now!

I TOTALLY DID!! :rotfl:

I LOVE that movie...LOVE!! :lovestruc

And I will be there for ALL TWENTY-FOUR HOURS!!

I am bringing pajamas to change into after midnight...I really want a pajama pic with Mickey and Minnie!! :woohoo:

I know no one knows for sure, but does anything think there's a concern about full capacity? I'm planning on starting and ending at MK for the day. Think there will be any trouble getting back into MK btwn 8-10pm?

Two performances of the Main Street Electrical Parade, at 10 p.m. and midnight
Four showings of “The Magic, The Memories and You!” at 7:45 p.m., 9 p.m., 11 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. (March 1)
The Frontierland Hoedown near Country Bear Jamboree, at 2:45 a.m., 3:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m.
Disney’s Dance the Night Away Party at Cinderella Castle, from 1 a.m. – 5:30 a.m.
Character greetings throughout the night, including:
Phineas and Ferb in Tomorrowland
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in Fantasyland
Mickey and Minnie Mouse in Town Square, wearing their pajamas for the party in Florida before heading out west to visit guests at Disneyland park

I TOTALLY DID!! :rotfl:

I LOVE that movie...LOVE!! :lovestruc

And I will be there for ALL TWENTY-FOUR HOURS!!

I am bringing pajamas to change into after midnight...I really want a pajama pic with Mickey and Minnie!! :woohoo:
Wouldn't be caught alive( :rotfl: ) in my pajamas in public. Not my kind of thing. But sleepin is another thing!!!:)

I am leaving tomorrow afetrnoon checking into the CBR then going in around 9-10am (took both DK's out of school 8 and 11) might need to go back in the afetrnoon for a nap for the 8yo and will see how long we last, my 11yo might make it the longest:lmao: hopefully my wife is kind enough to bring my son back when he goes out around 11pm and I get to stay with my daughter. Any idea on how crowded it will be? they keep saying to park capacity but don;t hear a lot of people going :confused3 this only has 11 pages thought it would be over flowing by now CYA there :banana:

I am leaving tomorrow afetrnoon checking into the CBR then going in around 9-10am (took both DK's out of school 8 and 11) might need to go back in the afetrnoon for a nap for the 8yo and will see how long we last, my 11yo might make it the longest:lmao: hopefully my wife is kind enough to bring my son back when he goes out around 11pm and I get to stay with my daughter. Any idea on how crowded it will be? they keep saying to park capacity but don;t hear a lot of people going :confused3 this only has 11 pages thought it would be over flowing by now CYA there :banana:
Well, it's in the middle of the week...So other than the DISers in PJs, it probably won't be that crowded.:)

Just think about the Daytona 500, wasn't it supposed to be on tv, but now it isn't? Week things just won't draw as much as a crowd as the weekend.:)

Well, it's in the middle of the week...So other than the DISers in PJs, it probably won't be that crowded.:)

Just think about the Daytona 500, wasn't it supposed to be on tv, but now it isn't? Week things just won't draw as much as a crowd as the weekend.:)

Not to mention I think that the schools with early spring break's still don't have them until the first week of March, so college kids will be in class and most parents won't be taking their kids out of school with a break so close.

I might head over for a bit around 10 pm after work (I work at the grand flrodian) and stay til midnite or so cant stay too late cus i have to work the next day,drats! just be inteersting to see how crowded it is..or isnt and say i was there..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter