Who's going for one last Wishes?

REMINDER - You can see it from outside the park if its too crazy inside. Poly Beach. GF Beach. Balcony or deck of restaurants around Bay Lake if you are having dinner there. Top of the World if DVC Member staying on DVC points anywhere at WDW

Dang so are MK crowds going to be insane on 5/11? We booked that week because we thought it would be a low crowd week.

Yep, we are in the "make a special trip for one (or 5) last Wishes" group. Our September plans became April then September plans. Still hate to see it go...

The show seemingly defines our daughters' Disney childhood.

A bunch of us watched it from the Top of the World deck on Monday night...many tears. Then, my dd joined my friend and I on Main St on Tuesday night to watch it. My last time!! Dd and I were both blithering idiots!!! She realized that the last showing is also her last day of her DCP!!! Oh man. So, I'm sure she'll be there that night unless she's working!!!
Wishes holds a very special place in our hearts....even if dd and I aren't there, watching it together, we still think of each other, and get a bit teary. Add in that MSEP left this past fall...dd's first WDW parade...and she has had a tough time!!! We all realize that nothing is forever, but losing MSEP and Wishes in a 6 month period is hard!
And I'm one of those who isn't a big fan of the projection shows. But, it's cheaper for Disney, so there ya go!
My understanding is they are adding projection,lasers and even more pyro. It's gonna be awesome!!

We had a June trip planned but as soon as we heard about the wishes demise we quickly bumped our trip up to June. I just may be there to see Wishes all 7 nights that we are there and I agree about it being allergy season.....sniff sniff

We have a trip planned for the end of May, and we are all looking forward to a new show. We've been going to WDW regularly since Wishes began, so I feel it's time for something new. DH and I finally watched Wishes from the hub last year and really enjoyed it. For years we have watched it on the go with kids running from one ride to the next, seeing it as we ride BTMRR, and from the Poly and Contemporary. I'm really thankful we took the time last year to see it from the hub from start to finish.

I am so happy to be responding to this thread to say we will be there on April 18th!! DH and I are headed down for a 2 day quick trip. We just booked flights today. prices changed so that we had enough points to fly down, buying a 1 day pass from a coworker who won them and doesn't want them-at a discount for us! I was so upset when I heard there would be no Wishes for our June trip. I had just said right before the announcement that the 2 things I would be most upset to see go would be Wishes and the Lion King show. It is our first trip without kids and even for 2 days it will feel strange, but I am soooo looking forward to it.

I have a business trip at the end of April with a few partial days open. I'm glad to make a last trip over to see Wishes. Our regular trip is just before Memorial Weekend, so I'll get to see the new one then.

We don't always get a last viewing, so I'm excited to get one last chance. We also did this for the Osborne Lights - so I hope this is not as crazy to get in & out of the park as that trip was.

We already had a family trip planned for the end of August, when I saw the announcement for the end of Wishes. I was so upset that my sweet hubby told me to plan an Easter weekend getaway for myself and our DD so we can see Wishes one last time.
We made special Wishes Minnie ears to wear when we see it for the last time on Easter Sunday. Come and say hi to us if you are there that night.... we will be the two girls crying with our ears on.
I am so grateful that we will get to see both Wishes and the new show in the same year.

Wish I could make it one last time! Just to much stuff in the way. Smh. Can't believe it is actually ending. Wishes is very sentimental to me and I hate to see it go. I hope the new show can bring the same amount of magic and good feelings that wishes filled me with.

Yes! We planned this trip specifically to see Wishes before it's gone!

My daughter worked at Disney World in the college program. She worked in fantasyland and would often do fireworks crowd control - so she really loves Wishes. The last day of Wishes is her bday, too! Our trip is a week or so earlier. Can't wait!
I had a sweet cast member make a cute celebration button for me as I watched wishes for the first time from behind the castle in Fantasyland. I LOVE the show, and obviously that was very apparent to this cast member. That made my trip so special. It's the little things those awesome cast members do.

Well, we got back late last night, or I should say early this morning. We got to see it twice since that big storm that swept across the South had all the flights delayed.
Crowds were huge, which is no surprise for this time of year. Wishes was wonderful as usual, and we are really happy we got to see it again. On a related note, the Happily Ever After projection show is really good.

I was able to grab a Wishes dessert party reservation. Not going to tell my daughter until we are there that night. I think it will be a great surprise for her! We got the one with the Plaza Garden viewing, which supposedly is a really great spot to view Wishes!

I am so excited, we are less than 30 days away!

I am going to try to squeeze a Wishes trip in before May 11th! I love Wishes! I have to admit I have taken it for granted and have not stayed to watch it the last few trips. My bad!

So many hotels are sold out that last week of Wishes. So odd for this time of year, must be everyone going to Wishes. lol

Had a trip already in the works, and when this was announced, I made SURE we'd be there. Have Plaza Garden Viewing booked for 5/11. Will be on my scooter and weeping...going to wait until Saturday to see the new show.

When my wife and I read about the travesty that is the demise of Wishes, we literally had a trip booked within 30 minutes. We had to go back and see it one more time. It's been such a special part of our time together in Disney. Standing there in the dark, holding hands, getting choked up when the little girl starts singing.

So... If any of you are in MK next Saturday night, look for the 40 something couple standing there wishing upon a star one last time, and come say hi. And if it appears that I have shed some tears, it is allergy season after all.
We went last week (partially for that reason) and were glad to see it one last time.

And if it appears that I have shed some tears, it is allergy season after all.

I found out about it and already had a trip booked for May, and felt so thankful that I would get to see it one last time. I'm glad it's allergy season, because I know I'll be watery-eyed! :(

We are! I joke that we are going to WDW for the fireworks. Plus we scored the AP Avatar preview on 5/13!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter