Who's going for one last Wishes?

We (my daughter and I), just went on Easter weekend to see it one last time. Well worth it. So glad we did.
Just posted a trip report.IMG_0635.JPG

Wishes is not my favorite Disney fireworks show (that is currently Illuminations), but I had booked all my FP in MK for the 11th before I realized that it was the last Wishes day. So I'm torn about whether I want to stay and watch it, or try to escape back to the resort just before it starts to beat the crowds. I'll probably just play it by ear and see how it goes. Maybe I will mix it up and watch from a less traditional spot - I've never watched from behind the castle, Frontierland or Tomorrowland.

You get to join 100,000 of your closest friends in the hub that doesn't fit that many the entire day!

We have our 2nd MK day planned for this day but are hoping to head out after the 3pm parade. Do you think the park will be packed all day or get worse the closer it gets to the evening?

Just as reference, I'm at mk now. People have been grabbing spots on main street since 6pm.
I'm watching from behind the castle and it's nice and manageable

We have our 2nd MK day planned for this day but are hoping to head out after the 3pm parade. Do you think the park will be packed all day or get worse the closer it gets to the evening?
Every local and blogger will show up later in the afternoon. I expect the morning to be regular mk crowds

This can actually go in your favor if you are looking to enjoy the park.. when a crowd finally forms in the hub it tends to cascade and pull crowd away from attractions.

Every local and blogger will show up later in the afternoon. I expect the morning to be regular mk crowds

didn't most of the sites show up about noon to get a hub spot for msep? then again they have followings and they can get large groups that rotate people in and out all day without anyone really waiting the whole day. I have to solo it and it's gonna suck...

My birthday is may 11th. Can someone make my wish come true to see Wishes! One last time?

You won't believe this but there is this company that if you call them up, for a reasonable fee you can take a steel dragon to a magical chariot that will drop you off at incredible oasis which can get you to the promise land by land, water or even air on a futuristic highway to nowhere. A place where boats travel above the traffic, princesses wait to be saved, a mouse is charge. There is even questionable grub surrounded by magical creatures that came to life although they lost the ability to make noise in return... so sad. For those 21 or older there is even these elixirs that if consumed in large enough quantities will make you forget anything even happened and possibly end up with a life partner that you will only describe as special when you finally wake up...

You should give them a ring but stay out of the damn lakes..

Last edited:
didn't most of the sites show up about noon to get a hub spot for msep? then again they have followings and they can get large groups that rotate people in and out all day without anyone really waiting the whole day. I have to solo it and it's gonna suck...
I got my spot right after FoF but the big bloggers didn't show up until 2 hours before, they did have other people holding spots for them though

I saw Wishes on THURS, April 27th. It was pretty mobbed, but I still was able to grab a good spot around Casey's to watch. I planned to stay for the projection show, so when Wishes ended, I slid over to the sidewalk by a trashcan. I waited there for 15 minutes as a constant wave of people moved toward the exits. It was crazy. I walked right to the castle side of the hub for the projection show. It was great to view up from so close. Certainly glad I was able to get 1 last view. I will be back to see the new show toward the end of May on my normal annual trip. This was a biz trip that had me in the area, and I had to take advantage.

I am all set for the MK on May 11 including fastpasses and reservations for Be Our Guest and the Fireworks Dessert party but now I'm trying to decide if I want to cancel to avoid the crowds. I haven't looked at other FP options yet; probably a little late.

Just read that they will be opening backstage areas for people to have room-they are expecting the masses to show up. I have vowed to be there for one last time, I'm now questioning my decision. I will not be able to be there until around 7....wondering what to do :(

I am somewhat concerned about getting into the MK. We have APs and my DD and I will be in Orlando on the 10th, but my DH doesn't arrive until 5:45 PM on the 11th. I'm going to pick him up from the airport and then we'll head to the MK but I don't think we'll get there until about 7:00-7:30. Unfortunately, we're also staying offsite (free on hotel points) so we'll have to park. I'm mulling over trying to park at the MK or just heading over to Epcot and taking the monorail over.

We just returned from Our Wishes vacation. We watched them twice. First night from Fantasyland (my daughter use to be a CP and worked in Fantasyland. She did crowd control for Wishes and wanted to watch from 'her' rope). Excellent view - the fireworks go off from all directions :) We got our spot about 30 minutes before the show. Front up against the rope to the east of the carousel. Then our second night we did the Wishes Dessert Party with Garden viewing. OMG is all I am going to say. Excellent spot to see the fireworks. The garden area has fake grass that's actually pretty comfy. We all sat and watched the show. There is lots of room, so you are not packed in like sardines. Plenty of people were laying down watching the fireworks. If you can get a reservation - do it! It was a tearful last show for us, especially my daughter. She had a small tripod with flexible feet, she attached it to the front little fence and shot a video of the entire show - so we will have it forever :) It was the perfect last viewing of it for us.

Just read that they will be opening backstage areas for people to have room-they are expecting the masses to show up. I have vowed to be there for one last time, I'm now questioning my decision. I will not be able to be there until around 7....wondering what to do :(

I'm in the same boat, although I know for sure I will be going. I'm just not sure where to try to get a spot. I truly don't care where I watch from. I'll be by myself, so will probably just stroll in and see what I can find.

a normal night is impossible to get in the hub to watch.. the last last night and the first night of the new shows.. forget about it.... I'm expecting to come into the park with some food and water in a bag.. sit in the hub and eventually exit the park after the fireworks.. anything else is just making sure I may not get a hub seat.

They've been opening the backstage area and bypass for largest crowds in the hub for awhile. IT gives them more capacity to let people be in front of castle to see, it adds more capacity to the park so they don't need to phase close...

I am expecting the largest crowd of the year may 11th and pretty close to it may 12th in that hub. we'll have to see what phase closing gets into and how early the crowd arrives...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter