Who's eaten at Whispering Canyon Cafe

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
Anyone who has eaten at the Whispering Canyon Cafe , what did you think of it? Has anyone tried their all you can eat skillets? Would you recomend breakfast, lunch, Dinner?

YES. try all 3 they are each pretty good. It does get load in there but the antics of the wait staff is fun to watch.

We had breakfast there three days last week. We didn't order the AYCE skillets, but instead had French toast, eggs, omelets, etc. The food wasn't anything special, just good seviceable fare to start the day.

But for Pete's sake, don't ask for catsup! ;)

We have eaten there many times. We have never tried the skillet but the breakfast and lunch menu's were good. It is a really fun restaurant for kids, with pony races and waitresses and waiters joking around. The milkshakes were soooo good that we had them with our breakfast twice :love: If you go don't forget to ask for ketchup or a pepsi. We also got a great response when we asked for directions to Universal.

We had a PS there for dinner. After spending three nights hunkered down in a house with no hot water and Hurricane Frances raging around us, we were just a little shattered in the nerves department.

We walked in to go upstairs and check-in, and past WC, one look and earful of the frenzy going on in the place made us quickly realize it was NOT going to happen. Ended up having an amazing meal at Artists Point instead.

My DS ate there the next day and said it was really good, he loves BBQ and ribs, so he was in heaven.

If you do'nt mind a noisy atmosphere and casual BBQ type of dining, you'll probably really like it. But if your dining style is something more reserved, it's not going to be for you.

Anne

I was not that impressed by the food at WC. I had the meatloaf and my sister had the pork chops. Nothing to write home about. It was a fun place, but if you are looking for good food, I would say go somewhere else.

We had dinner there 12/04 and really enjoyed it - it's such a fun experience, particularly if you have kids. We had the skillet and thought it was pretty good, it's certainly better than Garden Grill or Hoop De Doo Review, which is the only food we've had in DW that I think would be comparable.

We got the AYCE skillet when we went to WC. The whole family thought it was really good. Pulled pork, ribs, chicken, smashed potatoes, cornbread, etc. Some extra bowls of BBQ sauce - pretty good stuff. About halfway through the first skillet our waitress (Heada Lettuce) asked if we were ready for another. We requested a few items that were in the skillet and she brought out a new skillet with just those items (I was going through the ribs like a man possessed). You'll leave pretty full.

Believe it or not, we all got dessert. The apple pie is fantastic, with thinly sliced apples and a crust that tasted like spice cookie. The banana thing was really good too, as well as the chocolate thing (can't remember their names).

I'd say check it out and get the skillet. You're bound to love something on it, and they'll keep bringing you more of whatever that is!

i just noticed that there's a thread with pictures of Disney food - there are actually a couple of pictures of the WC skillet. That should help! (It's lsteadman's thread - I'm completely computer illiterate so I don't know how to give you a link or anything, but you should be able to find it).

We ate there in May. We did not do the skillet. Kids ordered off the kids menu and DH and I ordered off the regular menu. The interaction and the games were great.

My nieces (9 & 6) went to do the pony races. After it was over they had them yell something about Universal and after they did CM said they aren't to mention that other park and they would have to go in the back and wash dishes. We really couldn't hear all this but the 6 year old came running back to the table crying. Pleading with me not to make her wash dishes. We got the story from her sister. Now she is a terribly shy child and never would have joined in without her sister going with her. After we convinced her they were just kidding an having fun she began to enjoy herself. She really got into yelling for the ketchup. Dh & I could tell she was truly upset but I have to admit it was hard not to laugh about it.

aidansmom said:
i just noticed that there's a thread with pictures of Disney food - there are actually a couple of pictures of the WC skillet. That should help! (It's lsteadman's thread - I'm completely computer illiterate so I don't know how to give you a link or anything, but you should be able to find it).
Found it!! Great Pictures!! :teeth:

We had fun at WCC. Everyone in our family is sort of reserved, but we enjoyed the antics all around us. Our waitress did just enough to make DD feel like part of the action without forcing her. We all enjoyed the skillet, especially the pulled pork and the ribs. Overall, it was a fun experience, and we will definitely go back sometime.

I ate there on the night of Hurricane Charley (8/13/04), very good food. The service was great but the view out the windows didn't look too great (rain, more rain, wind, etc.). I would definitely go back if I knew I had more time on my next visit. :)

i have i have!!!!

i love it there. the food is great...the atmosphere is great...the service is great...everything is great there.

we are even having our dinner there after the wedding!

is this in wilderness lodge, and approx how long does it take/how easi is it to get there from GF? thanks :teeth: looks really good...toddler friendly?!

Food was good just not our kind of restaurant, I think that became apparent to our waiter when he threw our straws at us, the looks on our face I think told him we had no idea what this restaurant was all about, will we do it again I don't think so. :earseek:

You have to be in the mood for WC. It's a goofy place.

One thing our waiter did was make the kids headwear (I can't call them hats, but this is as good a word as any) from bandannas (handkerchiefs) with knots on the corners.

It was hilarious seeing my six year old daughter eat her whole meal with a knotty Western bandanna on her head. :rotfl: The waiter had straws sticking up haphazardly from the bandanna, so she looked like a demented Indian child (please no politically correct people jump all over me...my great-grandmother was a full Cherokee, so literally my blond child could be called an Indian child).

Adults, too, could have their own appropriate headpiece. Waiters are pretty good about gauging how involved you want to be.

Get the milkshake!

not on the same day, LOL :rotfl: All times, we got the skillet meals and we loved the food. Everyone finds something they especially LOVE. We think the bbq'd meats are wonderful!!! (we like that sort of thing, though).

My DD8 still talks about time we had dinner there when she was 5. She and DN8 did the pony races but they also played tag with the waitress. I couldn't believe it myself, LOL. That waitress was excellent. Believe it or not, playing tag with the waitress is one of DD8's most talked about memories from our trip. We are definitely going back to WC.

Jackie :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter