Whole wheat pasta

We like the Barilla Plus (all that I will buy for spaghetti now) and the Trader Joes version of SmartTaste which is not any more expensive than their regular pasta. Reminds me, I need to stock up.

Whole wheat pasta is disgusting. I keep trying it and just can't find a way to make it palatable. I do like dreamfield pasta, it doesn't have an off taste to it. But it's more expensive than regular pasta if that's a concern.

I'm diabetic so I have to be careful with carbs. dreamfield is processed in a way that the body is slower in digesting it, thus reducing the sugar spike. Also the reason you want to favor whole wheat is that it is slower to digest.

I guess we are in the minority. It's the only kind I make and my kids like it. I get Ronzoni usually.
Try boiling it in before chicken broth for added flavor.

We started switching over a few years ago. Started with Ronzoni multi-grain, then slowly switched over to whole wheat. For my family the sauce masks the flavor.

Now if I could just find a whole wheat soft tortilla that tastes right.

We eat the barilla plus. It isn't whole wheat I don't think, but it is made with lentils. It's really good.

I do make whole wheat pasta but can't remember which brand we like. I want to say it's the Ronzoni in the brown box. :confused:

I buy organic ww pasta in bulk from Azure Standard to cut down on the cost. I think the brand name is Garden Time.

My parents were very reluctant to eat ww pasta at first. I started them on the Barilla Plus, then 50/50, then 100% ww. It took them about three years, but now they comment on how they can't imagine ever going back to eating refined wheat pasta.

The kids haven't noticed a difference when they eat refined pasta outside of the home. Too young or they don't care. They aren't big pasta eaters anyways.

I love whole grains for pretty much everything but pasta. I love whole wheat breads, faro, brown rice, etc, but the pasta just does not work for me. So that is where I cut myself a break. We maybe eat it once a week, so for one meal once a week I find that I'm really ok and have stopped worrying about it. :)

Love dreamfields, it tastes just like regular pasta. It is more expensive but worth every penny. I usually buy it in bulk from amazon.

We're another family that likes whole wheat pasta just as well as the white, if not more so. Here in Texas, I just buy the plain ole HEB brand. And apparently I'm in the real minority on liking it, because I just found it on the close-out table for 25 cents a box!

I have tried the rice pasta and it's pretty good. My MIL had it and with her sauce on it, I really didn't notice a difference.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter