Whole wheat pasta

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
Is there a brand your family actually likes and eats? Not one they whine about and eat a little to humor you or because they are starving. I want to make a healthier pasta salad tonight for dinner.

I use 365 brand (Whole food's store brand). I haven't bought regular pasta in years so my kids don't know there's pasta that isn't whole wheat.

I guess it's like anything else. You can change your tastes by sticking with it. I haven't had cow's milk in a latte in years and much prefer soy. I bet it didn't start out that way. But dh works hard and comes home hungry. I want to switch to whole wheat completely and he just hasn't had one he doesn't complain about.

I do like the veggie pasta and can get them to eat a multi-grain which is better then white.

I don't know, we tried really hard to get used to it. We eat ww everything else but just couldn't start liking ww pasta.

I use the vegetable kind.

I mix white pasta with wheat for economical reasons--family of 6 with 4 teen eaters who make just pasta noodles with cheese for a snack. Mixing it makes me feel like I am at least trying to be healthier without murdering my budget. My family doesn't say a word. For me the trick is to not overcook it.

Whole wheat pasta is disgusting. I keep trying it and just can't find a way to make it palatable. I do like dreamfield pasta, it doesn't have an off taste to it. But it's more expensive than regular pasta if that's a concern.

Cook's Illustrated's reviews recommended Bionaturae Organic 100% Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Barilla Plus Multigrain Spaghetti. The latter is not technically a whole grain pasta but has the fiber and protein benefits.

We like and use the Plus pasta.

We use Ronzoni Smart Taste. It tastes like the white pasta, but is much better for you. In fact, in most situations, I have found it has fewer calories, more fiber, and more calcium and vitamin D than whole wheat pastas.

We use Ronzoni Smart Taste. It tastes like the white pasta, but is much better for you. In fact, in most situations, I have found it has fewer calories, more fiber, and more calcium and vitamin D than whole wheat pastas.

I use this too.

I tried and tried and tried with the wheat pasta and it sort of nauseates me. This one works.

It sounds like most agree with me. We like veggie pasta, smart taste and multi grain. Just haven't found a whole wheat with a good texture.

I mix whole wheat in with the white and no one notices. sometimes the whole wheat has to cook a little longer, so I put it in first.

I second the whole foods 365 brand. My kids were raised on whole wheat pasta and although they have white at their grandparents' and when we go out to eat, they have never said a word about in. In fact their favorite Mac and cheese is annies whole wheat shells and white Cheddar.

We like all different kinds of pasta, in fact I never buy the plain white kind. I buy brown rice, kamut, corn, whole wheat, multi-grain, veggie ect. We really like all different kinds and shapes. Tonight I am making a vegan béchamel and pesto lasagna using kamut noodles. Our whole family likes these noodles better then regular lasagna noodles. Got to get started on it right now actually as I have to make the pesto and béchamel and boil the noodles first.

Is there a brand your family actually likes and eats? Not one they whine about and eat a little to humor you or because they are starving. I want to make a healthier pasta salad tonight for dinner.

I love whole wheat pasta. I actually find white pasta kinda boring now, in comparison.

Looks like you're in Jersey - so if there's a Stop & Shop by you, I recommend Nature's Promise (their brand). My favorite, however, is Hodgson's Mill. I love their pasta (and their flour, for the record).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter