Who would you hire.

Who would you pick.

• other.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why is it that anyone who supports Obama, has such a hard time saying that Experience is important?

I'm an independent, I'm still not sure who I am voting for. But as far as I know, neither man has any experience as President of the United States. So that may be why Obama supporters can say that.

I'm an independent, I'm still not sure who I am voting for. But as far as I know, neither man has any experience as President of the United States. So that may be why Obama supporters can say that.

I agree with that. neither candidate has experience being the president of the United States.

I also just don't thinkt hat experience is everything. Sure it's great to have but it's not everything. I've known soooo many people in my life who have had no experience with something but as soon as someone gives them a chance, they knock it out of the park. Bill gates never had any experience being a bajillionaire, until he became one. Kids don't have experience tying their shoes until they learn it. I know these are simplistic examples, but I just really don't think experience is the end all be all. Its not that I have a hard time saying it matters, I just don't think it's the ONLY thing that matters.

I agree with that. neither candidate has experience being the president of the United States.

I also just don't thinkt hat experience is everything. Sure it's great to have but it's not everything. I've known soooo many people in my life who have had no experience with something but as soon as someone gives them a chance, they knock it out of the park. Bill gates never had any experience being a bajillionaire, until he became one. Kids don't have experience tying their shoes until they learn it. I know these are simplistic examples, but I just really don't think experience is the end all be all. Its not that I have a hard time saying it matters, I just don't think it's the ONLY thing that matters.

I agree with the statement in bold. However, being senator for a long time gives you experience in mostly everything that has to do with being president. Also, being in the military does help you understand being the commander of the military compared to someone who has not served at all.

Bill Gates had experience in computers and programming which led him on the path to be a billionaire. He just did not wake up one day and know how to design windows.

Experience is not the only thing that matters, but it is a major thing. I don't think you can compared a kid trying shoes to someone being president.

I agree with the statement in bold. However, being senator for a long time gives you experience in mostly everything that has to do with being president. Also, being in the military does help you understand being the commander of the military compared to someone who has not served at all.

Bill Gates had experience in computers and programming which led him on the path to be a billionaire. He just did not wake up one day and know how to design windows.

Experience is not the only thing that matters, but it is a major thing. I don't think you can compared a kid trying shoes to someone being president.

This is exactly why I tend to stay away from this stuff. I SPECIFICALLY called the examples out as simplistic to try to avoid you throwing it back at me but it was done anyway :rolleyes:

I think the main point is that people can vote for whomeever they want for whatever reason they want. And experience that YOU think is so important, isn't to others. It's not that I don't want to talk about why it's important....I just don't think its as important as you do. And what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that that is OK. Its OK for people to have differing opinions and views. Its ok to have different values. You value a bunch of experience. I don't. There's nothing wrong with that. So why do we feel the need to sit around everyday trying to convince the other side that they are "wrong" when it will never work, because neither side is "wrong" they are just different.

This is exactly why I tend to stay away from this stuff. I SPECIFICALLY called the examples out as simplistic to try to avoid you throwing it back at me but it was done anyway :rolleyes:

I think the main point is that people can vote for whomeever they want for whatever reason they want. And experience that YOU think is so important, isn't to others. It's not that I don't want to talk about why it's important....I just don't think its as important as you do. And what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that that is OK. Its OK for people to have differing opinions and views. Its ok to have different values. You value a bunch of experience. I don't. There's nothing wrong with that. So why do we feel the need to sit around everyday trying to convince the other side that they are "wrong" when it will never work, because neither side is "wrong" they are just different.

I don't know, you tell me, you're the one who decided to post in the thread I started.:confused3

Are you positive about that? Because most days.......................................

Riiight. Did you even watch the question/answer session at Saddleback Church yesterday? No comparison

Who DID watch that? :lmao: But frankly, my post was to demonstrate that you can spin the pros and cons of both candidates.

I agree with Obama on more issues than McCain. It's simple as that. McCain and Obama don't have experience in executive government positions (in other words, they're Senators, not Governors), so honestly it's hard to say how effective either would be as POTUS. I don't know if experience in the legislative branch translates that well to the executive branch. But hey, Dubya was a governor, and look how that worked for him. :rotfl:

I don't know, you tell me, you're the one who decided to post in the thread I started.:confused3

Because you DUPED me with your original post. I thought it was a job thread. Oh how I fell hook line and sinker for the lies. :3dglasses

Because you DUPED me with your original post. I thought it was a job thread. Oh how I fell hook line and sinker for the lies. :3dglasses

The lies :confused: You do realize that this is the DIS right? Just a bunch of Disney fans haning out online chatting about random stuff.. someone asks for your opinion on a scenerio and y'all get your panties all in a bunch. If anything this thread might just make you think about things from a different perspective.

Last time I checked being President was a job

popcorn::

Come on, if you had really been talking about hiring someone for your business than saying close to retirement would mean he has not hit retirement age. Most businesses would not hire someone in their seventies for a management position. I was talking about your OP, you know the one were you didn't say it was John McCain but some person who had applied for a job. Oh what tangled webs we weave, when first we practice to deceive.[/QUOTE]

If you would have read the entire thread you would have seen that I did say I was refering to McCain.

You keep missing the point, in the OP it says nothing about it being McCain. Lots of people when they vote in these polls only look at the OP. Your OP is misleading to say the least. Truth is that you tricked people into thinking they were helping you. Had you been honest and just posted the truth, that it was a choice between McCain and Obama you would have gotten different results. Plenty of political threads, why feel the need to mislead people?

The lies :confused: You do realize that this is the DIS right? Just a bunch of Disney fans haning out online chatting about random stuff.. someone asks for your opinion on a scenerio and y'all get your panties all in a bunch. If anything this thread might just make you think about things from a different perspective.

Last time I checked being President was a job

popcorn::

Um the OP asked why I came into the thread. I came in because I thought it was an HONEST question about hiring someone for the OP's business. In which I chose option #2. Only later did I find out how foolish I was for thinking so. (Although I am glad I chose option #2) My panties are in no wad. They are nice and smooth and comfy. :thumbsup2 I have NO interest in any more political threads or hearing anyone else's perspective on the matter. I've heard enough :rolleyes1 .

Peace out!:hippie:

:worship: :worship: You said that so well, I have been trying to get that across and failing.

You keep missing the point, in the OP it says nothing about it being McCain. Lots of people when they vote in these polls only look at the OP. Your OP is misleading to say the least. Truth is that you tricked people into thinking they were helping you. Had you been honest and just posted the truth, that it was a choice between McCain and Obama you would have gotten different results. Plenty of political threads, why feel the need to mislead people?

If you say so. Listen, I tried to post the OP as best I could. I started this thread to make a point. If I did put McCain and Obama's name in the OP, the poll would have been so much different. What I did was try to make a thread with the same type of scenerio and see if the outcome would be any different than polls that actually have their names.

I think you are answering your own questions. Don't blame me for not liking the outcome of the poll.

If you say so. Listen, I tried to post the OP as best I could. I started this thread to make a point. If I did put McCain and Obama's name in the OP, the poll would have been so much different. What I did was try to make a thread with the same type of scenerio and see if the outcome would be any different than polls that actually have their names.

I think you are answering your own questions. Don't blame me for not liking the outcome of the poll.

The outcome of the poll doesn't matter because it is based on a false premise. You did not make the same type of scenerio because your examples do not really reflect the truth about McCain or Obama. But if it makes you think that this poll means McCain will win, well enjoy it while you can.

OT but why do our quotes have the wrong names on them?

The outcome of the poll doesn't matter because it is based on a false premise. You did not make the same type of scenerio because your examples do not really reflect the truth about McCain or Obama. But if it makes you think that this poll means McCain will win, well enjoy it while you can.

OT but why do our quotes have the wrong names on them?

For your OT question, your missing a close quote tag on the end of your quotes.

If you say so. Listen, I tried to post the OP as best I could. I started this thread to make a point.
When you phrase a hypothetical question obviously meant to deceive in order to incur a pre-ordained outcome (after all, if we'd have picked the 'older' guy for our family business then why wouldn't we want him for our President?), the biggest point you make is that you'll lie skew the statistics.

Yet another reason, I might add, to not vote for McCain.

Another point that can be aptly made by anyone with intelligence is that the candidate someone would trust to manage a small family business and the candidate someone would trust to run one of the biggest corporations in the world would be two different kinds of people with two entirely different skill sets.

The 71 y/o "Granpa" would be a fantastic selection for the small furniture factory that employs fewer than 20 people and I'm sure he'd do well there. I wouldn't want that same job candidate running IBM, American Airlines or Chase, though. Not if I owned IBM, American Airlines or Chase and stood to lose a great deal of money because of his misplaced business decisions based on gut feeling and emotion rather than cold, hard, proven facts.

and stood to lose a great deal of money because of his misplaced business decisions based on gut feeling and emotion rather than cold, hard, proven facts.

OK so it is a cold hard proven fact that revenues rise when taxes are decreased, but yet you support someone that says they will raise your taxes, thus decreasing revenues... what was that about losing money?

OK so it is a cold hard proven fact that revenues rise when taxes are decreased, but yet you support someone that says they will raise your taxes, thus decreasing revenues... what was that about losing money?

Let's try that again, shall we? And let's stick to the topic, misleading as it was, this time. The question was:

Ok, So I have to hire someone for a mangerial position at my work. I have two people who look strong. This is a family business so lets all think about this long and hard. I want to make sure I am making the right decision for my children, my family and for my industry as a whole.
I don't know where the "industry as a whole" would be impacted by a family business, but many conservative posters seem to have a delusional sense of self-grandeur so I allowed for that. Once the poster started getting the responses she wanted, the question changed from "family business" to POTUS: an OBVIOUS difference in skill sets needed. To which I pointed out:
The 71 y/o "Granpa" would be a fantastic selection for the small furniture factory that employs fewer than 20 people and I'm sure he'd do well there. I wouldn't want that same job candidate running IBM, American Airlines or Chase, though. Not if I owned IBM, American Airlines or Chase and stood to lose a great deal of money because of his misplaced business decisions based on gut feeling and emotion rather than cold, hard, proven facts.

I love how Conservatives who get caught lying try deflecting the conversation away from their lies and toward something they'd rather people look at instead of looking at them.

Hint: the old "LOOK! Something Shiney!!!!" bait and switch tactics only works on Conservatives and fools. It's how Bush got elected to a second term. In the case of John McCain ~ fool you twice, shame on you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter