Who Needs Toes Anyway? A 2016 EBPC Trip Report *COMPLETE*

On Monday 8/29, I woke up early while the rest of my family slept in. I dressed and went to Triton's alone. I ate a light breakfast of fruit, mango hike, and my favorite coconut-pineapple muffin. I tried the Muesli after reading great reviews of it here on Disboards, but I didn't care for it.

br1.jpg
br2.jpg

After breakfast, I spotted Mickey and Minnie posing for pictures outside of Triton's. My kids might not want to meet the characters much anymore, but I still enjoy it. So, I got in line.

me with MM.jpg

Afterward, I grabbed a couple of extra navigators from Guest Services for the rest of my clan and headed up to deck 9 to get some pictures of Puerto Vallarta. Once again, it was CRAZY HOT. I knew immediately that I had no interesting in going out in the heat again.

pvsky.jpg
pvsky2.jpg

Nothing says foreign land like a Walmart.
walmart.jpg sams.jpg

At 10:30am, I returned to our cabin. James was awake, but the kids were still sleeping. I stayed in the room with the kids while James got breakfast. I showered, read a book, and consulted the Navigator.

pv nav 1.jpg pv nav 2.jpg pv nav 3.jpg pv nav 4.jpg pv nav 5.jpg pv.jpg

Eventually, Emily woke on her own. At 11:40am, I finally made Jimmy get up. As usual, we went to Triton's for lunch (or breakfast for the kids).

lu1.jpg lu2.jpg

For appetizers, I ordered the bruschetta and the tangerine soup. James also had the bruschetta.

lu bruschetta.jpg
lu soup.jpg

Jimmy ordered the shrimp appetizer.

lu shrimp.jpg

For the main course, I had the butternut squash risotto with extra shaved parmesan cheese. Scrumptious!

lu risotto.jpg

James and Emily had the steak.

lu steak.jpg

Jimmy had the corn dog.

lu corn dog.jpg

James and I passed on dessert today. Emily had a Mickey Bar, while Jimmy got the banana split.

lu banana split.jpg

Everything was WONDERful, as always.

For the afternoon, we decided to take in a double feature: Alice Through The Looking Glass and The BFG. Of course, we needed snacks for the movies. So, I saved us seats in the Buena Vista Theater, while James and the kids went to Beach Blanket Buffet. Since I wasn't there to regulate what they took, this is what they returned with:

movie snacks 2.jpg

Alice Through the Looking Glass was good, but The BFG was great! The BFG reminded me of the old-school Disney Classics like Mary Poppins.

When the second movie ended, we had a half hour left before dinner. The kids went to the clubs, while James and I went outside on deck 4 to search for dolphins. We didn't spot any.

We were back in Animator's Palate for dinner. Apparently, I forgot to take a picture of the menu, but it was the standard rotational dining menu for Animator's Palate.

James ordered the Canadian Cheddar Bacon Soup. I ordered the butternut squash soup, but I didn't take a picture of it. It was delicious, though.
d soup.jpg

The kids and I all ordered double portions of the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes as our main course.
d purse.jpg

James (no surprise) had the steak.

d steak.jpg

Our tablemates let me take pictures of their meals.

Christopher ordered a burger.

d burger.jpg

I'm not sure who ordered this or what it is. I looks like some kind of flat bread.

d pizza.jpg

Alison ordered the black bean chipotle cakes.

d veg.jpg

Last edited:
Once again, a friend came to entertain us during our meal:

d mickey show.jpg

Here are Claudius and Nicha in their colorful vests.

c and N.jpg

Now for dessert. Our tablemates skipped dessert to do some pin trading, but they'd join up with us again in Studio Sea shortly. James had a bowl of cookies and cream ice cream and Emily had a Mickey bar.

I had the crunchy walnut cake. Delectable!

d w cake.jpg

And Jimmy had the (no surprise) cookies and cream sundae.

d sundae.jpg

After dinner, the kids headed over to Studio Sea for the Generations Game. James and I would be joining them, but we had to make a quick stop by our cabin. Look who we ran into -- our amazing cabin host, Nerissa. She was leaving the kids some special treats.

nerissa.jpg

Elsa sheets for Emily.

sheets f.jpg

Good Dinosaur sheets for Jimmy.

sheets d.jpg

And an invitation to a princess tea.

p tea inv.jpg

It's little details like this that makes Disney so special.

We met up with the kids and the Irelands in Studio Sea to play the Generations Game led by Ross and Tony. It was kids vs. adults in a variety of tasks, such as singing, dancing, paper airplane making, and toilet paper wrapping.

generations game 1.jpg

Only a few of the kids were brave enough to dance. No surprise that my two got into it. At one point, Jimmy actually lifted Emily and spun her around like they were swing dancing. They were determined to win.

gen game 2.jpg

Jimmy with his winning paper airplane. It did, indeed, fly the farthest.

gen game 4.jpg

The adults, however, dominated the toilet paper rolling.

gen game 3.jpg

The game was a lot of fun. We were in good spirits as we went to the Walt Disney Theater to watch The Heath Show.

heath.jpg

Heath was hilarious. Here he is during his Indiana Jones bit. Right after this a giant foam boulder came rolling over the audience.

heath indy.jpg

Once The Heath Show ended, we parted ways with our children. James and I headed to Wavebands for the adult entertainment portion of the evening. Tonight was Match Your Mate where three couples answer questions about their marriage.

match mate.jpg

One of the couples selected had been married 64 years, and they were hilarious! I laughed so hard my side hurt. James laughed so hard he gave himself a headache. So, he retired after Match Your Mate, while I stuck around for karaoke. By the time I returned to the cabin, everyone was asleep. Another amazing day complete.

Here was today's towel animal:

towel d.jpg

Up next....The beginning of a string of sea days.

I'm not sure who ordered this or what it is. I looks like some kind of flat bread.

d-pizza-jpg.197871

This is the tomato tart. They took it off the menu for the Alaskan cruise as well as the Baked Potato Cheese Soup. Glad to see they are back on the menu.

On Tuesday 8/30, James and I woke too late to catch Captain Puckett’s presentation. Instead, we let the kids sleep, while we grabbed a quick breakfast at Triton’s. James had his usual meat and potato meal. I switched it up a little. I ordered a fruit plate and the Morning Tugboat instead of the Mountain Hike. It was very yummy.

b1.jpg

We ate quickly and went back to the cabin to wake the kids up. With a bit of scurrying, we managed to slip in a few minutes late to today’s Art of Entertaining. The chef made Phyllo Wrapped Salmon. This was a new recipe for us. It was very good! I’m not usually a salmon lover, but this was an exception.

art of ent1.jpg art of ent2.jpg
art of ent3.jpg

Next we did our errand running. We stopped by guest services and grabbed a couple of extra navigators.

nav 8 28 1.jpg nav 8 28 2.jpg nav 8 28 3.jpg nav 8 28 4.jpg nav 8 28 5.jpg

loving your trip report! thank you for sharing, one question... and I feel like such a simpleton for not knowing, but what is in the Mango hike? what is it really? and also the Tugboat? they look like yogurt, or smoothies...

loving your trip report! thank you for sharing, one question... and I feel like such a simpleton for not knowing, but what is in the Mango hike? what is it really? and also the Tugboat? they look like yogurt, or smoothies...
I had them on my Alaskan cruise. I liked them, but they weren't quite what I expected from the descriptions below--because for them 'blend' means 'blended'. I was thinking it would be like a yogurt parfait...but it was more of a smoothie with some fine granola pieces still in it.
Mango Mountain Hike
fresh blend of mangoes, honey, granola and low-fat yogurt

Mornin' Tug Boat
fresh blend of strawberries, bananas, almonds, raisin granola and low-fat yogurt

The ship was decorated for tonight’s Freezing the Night Away Party. Very festive.

ftna1.jpg

A photo of my favorite painting in the art gallery just because.

fav painting.jpg

For our next task, we went to Mickey’s Mates to drop off our RSVP for the Princess Tea.

drop box.jpg

With our errands complete, we had 20 minutes before Triton’s opened for lunch, so we grabbed our books and headed out to deck 4. Ahhh, this is the life!

ahhh.jpg

James was still full from breakfast so he decided to skip lunch and take a nap. I gathered the children from the clubs, including an extra one. Lauren joined us.

l menu.jpg
l1.jpg

The kids were particularly silly today.

l6.jpg l7.jpg l8.jpg l9.jpg

l10.jpg

Onto the meal....For starters, Jimmy and Emily had the lobster ravioli.

l2.jpg

I had the chilled pineapple soup.

l3.jpg

Jimmy and I had the Orecchiette Pasta. It was delicious. Emily didn't have a main course.

l4.jpg

Lauren had the children's fettuccine pasta. She said that she really liked it.

l5.jpg

For dessert, Emily had the Mickey Bar with marshmallows.

l11.jpg

Jimmy had the cookies and marshmallows with chocolate ice cream.

l12.jpg
l13.jpg

Lauren had the chocolate cake.

l14.jpg

And I had the coconut crème pie.

l15.jpg

Everything was fabulous. We finished lunch just in time for me to make the 1pm dance class. The kids and I parted ways, and I headed to Wavebands. James was already there waiting for me. Today we learned to swing dance. It was so much fun. This was my favorite dance, and only I only got stepped on once today. :)

We went from dance class to listen to Ridley Pearson in The Walt Disney Theater. Once again, we enjoyed his lecture.

Finally, we made it back to the cabin so that I could get cleaned up for the day. There were light-up frozen necklaces waiting for us.

necklaces.jpg

While I was in the shower, James decided that he was hungry. He went up to deck 9 for some pizza and a cinnamon-cream cheese pretzel. He said that the pizza was good. Much better on the Wonder than on the Fantasy. The pretzel was okay, but not worth the calories compared to the other desserts offered onboard.

pretzel.jpg

Feeling refreshed, James and I finished gathering the Chocolate Chase clues then collected Emily to get her dressed for dinner.

elsa.jpg
elsa 2.jpg
selfie.jpg

Believe it or not, it was time to eat AGAIN!

Apparently, I forgot to take a picture of tonight's Frozen menu. However, you can see it on disneycruiselineblog: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/men...-away-with-anna-elsa-and-friends-frozen-menu/

We were in Animator's Palate again tonight. Emily and Lauren began the meal by building a sculpture out of the items on the table.

art.jpg

Christopher began his meal with a smoothie.

d1.jpg

Jimmy, Emily, and I all started with Elsa's Coronation Scallops. There were three scallops baked into a flaky pot pie. It was very good.

d2.jpg d2-1.jpg

I also ordered the Jarlsberg Tart for the whole family to try. It was pretty good.

d3.jpg

James started with Duke of Weselton's Favorites.

d4.jpg

I had the carrot soup. Mmm.

d5.jpg

For the main course, Lauren had the herb-roasted chicken.

d6.jpg

Emily had the Marinated Sirloin with French Fries.
d7.jpg

Jimmy and I had the Veal "King Agda."
d8.jpg

Alison had the vegetarian cabbage rolls.
d9.jpg

James had the wild boar.
d10.jpg

Don had the marinated strip loin with potatoes.
d11.jpg

For dessert, Emily had the Mickey Bar with chocolate sauce.

d12.jpg

Jimmy had the Frozen Yogurt Romanoff Sundae.

d13.jpg

I ordered three desserts to share with the family. First was the warm apple pudding cake.

d14.jpg

Next was the Floro Dome. It was carrot cake with marshmallow crème.

d17.jpg

And finally, the Norwegian Pancakes. These might have been the best dessert on the cruise.
d18.jpg

Christopher ordered a chocolate cake that I do not see on the menu.
d15.jpg

Alison had the Sitron Mousse

d16.jpg

And James had the Apple Pudding Cake with extra ice cream.

d19.jpg

I was a tad wary of this menu prior to cruising, but it turned out to be one of the best onboard.

After dinner, the kids and I joined the Irelands to get a photo with Belle.

all with belle.jpg
kids with belle 2.jpg kids with belle.jpg

From there, we went to Studio Sea to play Frozen Games. We sang songs, did a little trivia, and played a game. Jimmy nearly won, but sadly, he came in second.

studio sea 2.jpg
jimmy.jpg

After the games, it was time to get seats in the Walt Disney Theater to see Jamie Stewart. The kids weren't interested, so they headed to their clubs. James and I enjoyed Jamie's show. He has had a long career and is very talented.

jamie.jpg

From the theater, we once again gathered the kids and headed up to deck 9 for Freezing the Night Away. It was fun. There was a stage show followed by dancing and "snow." The "snow" got pretty wild in the wind. It wasn't the gentle soap bubbles that fall during the Osborne Lights at Hollywood Studios. Since the ship was moving, the bubbles flurried in wads that flew into our eyes and mouths. They didn't sting or have a bad taste. It was just a bit much. The deck also became quite slick. It didn't slow the kids down though. They danced until the party ended.

Jimmy showing the "snow."
snowing.jpg

selfie 2.jpg

After the party, Jimmy went to play dodgeball on the sports deck with The Edge. James and I checked out the party in Quiet Cove. It seemed fairly slow and it was hot outside so we decided to pass on it. James, Emily, and I went back to the room to get ready for bed. This little guy was waiting for us.

towel.jpg

I stayed up reading until Jimmy returned at 1am. Another amazing day at sea was behind us.

On Wednesday 8/31, I woke up shortly after 9am. I was hungry so no Captain Puckett again today. Since my family was still sound asleep, I slipped out of the room to have breakfast on my own.

Triton's was closed due to a character breakfast in Animator's Palate, so I went to Parrot Cay.

b20.jpg

The Parrot Cay breakfast is a buffet where you are assigned a table and a server brings you your drinks. I ordered a water and a pineapple juice and headed for the buffet.

B1.jpg b2.jpg b3.jpg b4.jpg b5.jpg b6.jpg b7.jpg b8.jpg b9.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter