Who is going in December 2022??

It's almost time (for me) to make dining reservations, and I'm pretty excited about it, actually, instead of worrying or dreading it!!! After reading all over these boards that the insane demand-to-capcity ratio of dining stuff, I am treating them like a lottery, and so looking forward to what I'll "win". 😃 Obviously, it helps that I'm actually not interested in that many dining experiences, and that it's my first time ever, so I'll probably be excited and enjoy anything I get. 🙂
Anyway, here's my list of what I will be "playing the lottery" for:
  1. World of color dessert party - because WoC looks like the type of show that I would enjoy most, and thus because I want a seat.
  2. Fantasmic River Belle premium - honestly, I'm not that interested in the show or the food, but eh, since this may be my first and only trip ever... Figured I'll try
  3. Goofy's kitchen - Honestly, for the endless food and meeting characters as only a bonus, lol
  4. Cafe Orleans - for a monte cristco, seriously 😂... again, for probably my first and only chance to try such a creation. 🙂
  5. Oga's - Why not see the place / experience while I'm there?... even though I'm not a big star wars fan. And the pretzel bread, let's be honest, that's my reason 😂 I love all pretzel bread, and reading how good this is --Yeah...
A sincere good luck to everyone else who is or will be soon trying for reservations; may the odds be ever in your favor. 🙂

It's almost time (for me) to make dining reservations, and I'm pretty excited about it, actually, instead of worrying or dreading it!!! After reading all over these boards that the insane demand-to-capcity ratio of dining stuff, I am treating them like a lottery, and so looking forward to what I'll "win". 😃 Obviously, it helps that I'm actually not interested in that many dining experiences, and that it's my first time ever, so I'll probably be excited and enjoy anything I get. 🙂
  1. World of color dessert party - because WoC looks like the type of show that I would enjoy most, and thus because I want a seat.
  2. Fantasmic River Belle premium - honestly, I'm not that interested in the show or the food, but eh, since this may be my first and only trip ever... Figured I'll try
  3. Goofy's kitchen - Honestly, for the endless food and meeting characters as only a bonus, lol
  4. Cafe Orleans - for a monte cristco, seriously 😂... again, for probably my first and only chance to try such a creation. 🙂
  5. Oga's - Why not see the place / experience while I'm there?... even though I'm not a big star wars fan. And the pretzel bread, let's be honest, that's my reason 😂 I love all pretzel bread, and reading how good this is --Yeah...
A sincere good luck to everyone else who is or will be soon trying for reservations; may the odds be ever in your favor. 🙂

I get to start next Monday or Tuesday for mine. I can never figure out the exact timing😂.

Mine appear to be fairly easy as I've been checking mid day and a lot are still there. I'll definitely still go on at 6 though just to be sure.

We're doing Goofy's Kitchen the first night
Second night is Naples
Day 3 is Storytellers for breakfast and Cafe Orleans for dinner
Day 4 is Wine Country Trattoria but I may switch it to Ralph Brennan's. I can't find a night for that one and it's my favorite. Never been to Wine Country and keep hearing it's good.
Day 5 we have to leave the parks by 3 so we'll do one last character meal at Plaza Inn.

I'm sure this will be too much food but hey you only live once!

A 15% room discount for general public is out. Didn’t work for our dates/room type but good luck to everyone else!
Just to add, if you have a Magic Key, up to 20% off available for stays through 12/22. (I wondered if they would do that as all MKs are blocked part of that week and thought that we couldn’t use them for discounts - though maybe that was just for parking?)

Just to add, if you have a Magic Key, up to 20% off available for stays through 12/22. (I wondered if they would do that as all MKs are blocked part of that week and thought that we couldn’t use them for discounts - though maybe that was just for parking?)

There are MK holders who didn't activate their keys until after December 2021, so if they have an active Dream Key, they won't be blocked out. That could be part of why.

Just booked flights, hotel, tickets + reservations for Dec 20-27! Now, fingers crossed to book a Christmas Dinner reservation and I can relax about the trip. Other than worrying about the crowds, but we booked a couple extra days than we normally would because of the time of year.

Is the bread still available at Oga's? I can't seem to find it on the menu in the app.

I still see it on the menu, Five-blossom Bread under Snack. We had it on 9/16.

I just updated my app and still see it.

A 15% room discount for general public is out. Didn’t work for our dates/room type but good luck to everyone else!
Thank you for this! We booked on Costcotravel and it adjusted the discount and we still get the $185 gift card!

Thank you for this! We booked on Costcotravel and it adjusted the discount and we still get the $185 gift card!
Did you call to do this or adjust online?

ETA:

I called Costco to try and get the 15% discount added to my existing reservation. The person said you can only get the 15% discount or the Disney gift card which I know is not the case. She also tried telling me that only Disney was offering this to Visa holders at this time and Costco was not adding it. It is listed on Costco's site so I'm not sure where the disconnect is. She told me I had to cancel my reservation and rebook directly through Disney to get the 15% discount. She offered to cancel it for me. I declined and I'm keeping my reservation without the 15% discount but did send a chat to Disney to see if they can help me instead of Costco.

Last edited:
We just got the call back to confirm our Napa Rose Chef‘s Counter for December 18th, party of 4! We called at 12:00a last night and left a message. It will be great to be back at the Chef’s Counter.

Last edited:
Did you call to do this or adjust online?

ETA:

I called Costco to try and get the 15% discount added to my existing reservation. The person said you can only get the 15% discount or the Disney gift card which I know is not the case. She also tried telling me that only Disney was offering this to Visa holders at this time and Costco was not adding it. It is listed on Costco's site so I'm not sure where the disconnect is. She told me I had to cancel my reservation and rebook directly through Disney to get the 15% discount. She offered to cancel it for me. I declined and I'm keeping my reservation without the 15% discount but did send a chat to Disney to see if they can help me instead of Costco.
I just went into my reservations on disneyland.com and went to the change reservation screen and it gave me the cheaper price. I just looked and it says "winter room savings offer" and gift card. Hope it works for you!

I've booked four out of five days dining. Last one is Minnie's Breakfast for our last day. We are 55 days out from our flight! I've ordered the girls matching PJs to wear on the plane, another set for while we're there, matching shirts for each day and the cutest sweatshirt dress so they are cozy at night while we watch fireworks. I think I'm more excited for this trip than any other one ever.

I've booked four out of five days dining. Last one is Minnie's Breakfast for our last day. We are 55 days out from our flight! I've ordered the girls matching PJs to wear on the plane, another set for while we're there, matching shirts for each day and the cutest sweatshirt dress so they are cozy at night while we watch fireworks. I think I'm more excited for this trip than any other one ever.
so exciting!!! I wasn't able to get Trader Sams for our night there but did get lamplight that my daughter wanted. Only thing left to get is World Of Color that comes out for me on Sunday morning.

We are getting so close 56 days for us!!

Thought I'd ask here before I sigh up for a dining alert. Did anyone get Plaza Inn for December 7th? It's my last day and I've been able to get all reservations before 6 so far. I tried today and Plaza Inn never came up, even now that it's after 6.

ETA
Asked on the dining threat and they didn't drop. Ugh!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter