Who has driven the furthest for the shortest trip?

Mercy

<font color="blue">never been tagged ... until now
I know many of you have annual passes and make several trips a year to DW. So I was wondering who has driven the furthest for a really short trip? We have about a 15 hour drive so DH refuses to make that drive for less than 10 days.

We went for my son's 5th birthday three years ago. We drove 18 hours (one-way) for a four-night trip.

Mine seemed like a long drive for a short trip - 10 1/2 hours for a 3 night stay. However, we really had a great time. We had annual passes last year and we did end up going 4 times. Would you believe we are all really wanting to go back - it's been 6 months now!

March of this year a buddy of mine and I drove from Chicago to WDW for a one day golf outing at Disney. Left Chi. on Sat. am, played at the Palm and the Mag on Sun., and drove back home Mon. for work on Tues. (Ok so we like Disney golf.) Planned on doing the parks if the weather was bad, but it was perfect. Guess we like Fla. weather better than Chicago.

Dell
:smooth:

OK you win! That is one dedicated golfer. Drive to FL for 2 rounds of golf. We are driving from TN to Orlando for 3 days and I thought that was crazy but I have nothing over you. Sounds like a blast though. Reminds me of a college road trip!

Mercy, this isn't the same person as from CC is it? :)

We are planning a drive from South Dakota (1500 miles) for a 5 night stay in July. I am secretly hoping that my DH will want to stay an extra day or two.:rolleyes:

js, what is CC? I didn't understand your question.

Stupidly... I once drove almost 24 hours to spend 1 day in Coco beach/orlando and 1 day to Miami, and then drove home! NUTS huh!!!20 years old and not too smart!

after a friends wedding on a saturday nite, we drove from milwaukee to nashville. with no time to stop we drove right back home. it was about 10 hrs. one way. the sister-in-law drove down there on vacation and her car broke down. got home late sunday nite.

We have driven 14 hours for a four day stay at WDW once...a long weekend thing, we do not have APs just wanted to go with some friends....:) :) :)

Last May we drove from NY to WDW 19 hours for 4 nights and our friends thought we were nuts!! Well at least we have company!

Last September my dh and I drove 10hrs for two nights(a surprise for my birthday) and did Disney Quest and shopping....no parks. Is he nuts or what? :Pinkbounc

We have driven 23 hours for a 8 day stay. This time it only took us 20 hours, hubby thinks the speed limits have been raised by 5 miles an hour lol.

Anyways we just got back from a l0 night stay taking 20 hrs to drive there from ontario. I would never do any less then 8 nights after a 20 hr drive.

Deb.

I think what js was refering to when she mentioned CC was the Cruise Critic board.

My wife and I have on many occasions traveled from Columbus, MS to Orlando, FL (675 miles each way) for less than a full day in the parks.

We used to leave at 1PM CST Friday, stay the night along the way, arrive in Disney around Noon Eastern, spend the rest of the day in the parks then leave for home before 9AM Sunday morning...

How do we rank? <gin>

Wow - I thought I did a lot of long distance for short stay trips, but I have nothing on ya'll!!!

I have an AP and have driven down twice already since Oct - 9 hours (alone and FLYING) (beware of SC police!!). The first trip was for 4 nights, the second was for 5. I am planning on driving back down in Sept - but for 6 nights!!

I have flown down as well - it's a hour and fifteen minute flight. I have to admit it was a lot better!

Non-Disney - drove 800miles Friday for a Saturday wedding and home Sunday. Will never do it again!!!

This may not count since we have other reasons for driving to the east coast, but we live in California and will be driving to Orlando for a 3 night visit to WDW in August - I think it ends up being 37 hours one way. (...yeah, we're insane.. we'd have to be!)

Did I forget to mention we'll have a 7 yr old, 6 yr old, and a 1 1/2 yr old with us?

:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter