• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WHO DAT Dining Review w/Pics, ESPN,Jiko,Yachtsman,CRT,PSB,FF, Cajun Brkfst, Complete!

More Flying Fish:

After taking our time looking over the menu and filling up on cheese! Some of us decide to have just an appetizers for our meal. I decide to start with the Tuna Two Ways. I know I'm in a rut, but I like tuna! This was a Tuna Tartar and a Tuna Tataki with Sesame Crackers. The Tataki was barely seared, served very rare, topped with the spicy-sweet garlic sauce. The sauce was perfect with this, more spicy than sweet. The Tartar was served on top of wakame seaweed with caviar. The Tartar with caviar was also excellent, so fresh! It's great, that even though I ordered tuna at almost every place we dined, each one was very different from the next. This one was also excellent!
TUNA TWO WAYS
100_1131.jpg

Keep them coming :thumbsup2 .

We're planning on trying Flying Fish on our next trip so I'm looking forward to the rest of your review.

Thanks Mama Kate!

I'm a bit slow at getting this out. But if you will just hang on, I'll get it out there! I will tell the service wasn't perfect,( the bus service ) but the Server we had Chris, really knew his menu & was totally on top of things! We will go back to FF!!!!!

Thanks Mama Kate!

I'm a bit slow at getting this out. But if you will just hang on, I'll get it out there! I will tell the service wasn't perfect,( the bus service ) but the Server we had Chris, really knew his menu & was totally on top of things! We will go back to FF!!!!!

I have time to wait we're not going until November :laughing: .

I've always wanted to try Flying Fish but never worked it into our schedule. However, this trip we are staying at the Boarwalk so it will be really convenient.

Another appetizer at Flying Fish:

My DH decides to have the Crab Cake. BIL & SIL also decide to share a Crab Cake. It is served on top of "Flying Fish" slaw with an ancho-chili remoulade sauce. This is a large Crab Cake on top of a nice amount of slaw. All three are raving about this dish! The crab tasted so fresh & there was a lot of it in the Crab Cake. It's seasoned nicely, sitting on top of a really delicious slaw. The outside of the cake is very crunchy and inside is moist and delicious. They were so over the top on this dish, that I decide to have one to follow up my Tuna!!

"Peeky Toe" Crab Cake with "Flying Fish" Slaw and Ancho-Chile Remoulade
100_1133.jpg

Sheryl - I also had the crab cake at FF. It is wonderful! We really enjoyed everything we had there.

Really enjoying your reviews!!:thumbsup2

I was at FF on Saturday and was impressed! I had the cheese too...but I got it instead of a dessert.

Sheryl - I also had the crab cake at FF. It is wonderful! We really enjoyed everything we had there.
Really enjoying your reviews!!:thumbsup2

Kathy, It was yummy wasn't it!

I was at FF on Saturday and was impressed! I had the cheese too...but I got it instead of a dessert.

TDCNala, I wasn't as good as you were! I had all appetizers & then shared dessert with DH!

More from Flying Fish:

So, I follow up my Tuna with the Crab Cake. After tasting some of DH's I had to have more!

DH has decided that he's pretty full from the Cheese Tray & the Crab Cake.

My Brother in Law chooses another appetizer for his entree. He orders the Crispy Fried Calamari. When this dish is brought to the table we are all shocked. It is HUGE! It is served in a gigantic boat shaped dish with a Vietnamese Sauce. The Calamari is placed on top of iceberg lettuce with chives. Well, my brother in law has a pretty big appetite but even he couldn't eat all of this dish. Great, we get to try some! This is by far the best Fried Calamari I have ever tasted! It was exceptionally light, delicate, tender and crispy! The sauce tasted very much like a sweet & sour Chinese sauce with maybe a bit more spice. None of us thought we would like it with the Calamari. We were wrong! It was very good! I am not a big fan of Fried Calamari. I usually find it to be tough and chewy. This was sooo not like that! Really excellent for an appetizer to share with others!

Fried Calamari with Vietnamese Dipping Sauce
100_1132.jpg

That crab cake looks divine... I think the hubby and I are going to have to give FF a try this fall.

Thanks again for the reviews!

Besides the nachos at ESPN, that calamari has to be the largest appetizer I've ever seen. It looks sooooooo good!!!!

I'm not a fan of calamari - dh loves it. But, boy, they get points for presentation and size for this one. It looks beautiful!!

Thanks for reading my reviews! I can't tell you how surprised we were at the size of this appetizer!!! Then the fact that it was so good! I am still wondering why it was so light, not chewy & very crispy!

I was just making a list of dining options for our next trip (I plan WAY ahead!!) and was considering both Flying Fish and Jiko. Your choices from these menus are literally EXACTLY what I would order, and I now know that we NEED to go to both of these restaurants. Thanks for the fantastic reviews - keep 'em coming! :thumbsup2

The only entree ordered Potato Wrapped Red Snapper:

My SIL had decided when we were planning the trip that she wanted to go to Flying Fish for the Potato-Wrapped Red Snapper. She had read a review on it and was determined to have it. Again lucky for the rest of us, she couldn't eat all of it. So we all had a taste.

This is the best fish dish! I don't even know how to explain the tastes in this entree. It was like nothing I have ever tasted! The dish sounds very similar to the Sturgeon I had at Jiko, but it was very different. The Snapper is wrapped in a potato crust. The crust is very light on the inside & crunchy brown outside. The fish was impeccably fresh, and delicious. The fish is sitting on a thick bed of Creamed Leeks with a rich Red Wine Butter Sauce on the bottom surrounding the Leeks. The flavors and the different textures of the Potato, Fish, the Leeks and the Red Wine Sauce were just undescribable. This entree had so many layers of flavor, when combined were just fabulous. I think the different textures of it are what made it so memorable. I really wish I could give a better description of this dish. If you go to Flying Fish, you must try it!

Potato-Wrapped Red Snapper - Creamy Leek Fondue and Red Wine Butter Sauce
100_1135.jpg

I was just making a list of dining options for our next trip (I plan WAY ahead!!) and was considering both Flying Fish and Jiko. Your choices from these menus are literally EXACTLY what I would order, and I now know that we NEED to go to both of these restaurants. Thanks for the fantastic reviews - keep 'em coming! :thumbsup2

I do think you NEED to go to both Jiko & Flying Fish!!! ;) I don't think you will be sorry!

The only entree ordered Potato Wrapped Red Snapper:

My SIL had decided when we were planning the trip that she wanted to go to Flying Fish for the Potato-Wrapped Red Snapper. She had read a review on it and was determined to have it. Again lucky for the rest of us, she couldn't eat all of it. So we all had a taste.

This is the best fish dish! I don't even know how to explain the tastes in this entree. It was like nothing I have ever tasted! The dish sounds very similar to the Sturgeon I had at Jiko, but it was very different. The Snapper is wrapped in a potato crust. The crust is very light on the inside & crunchy brown outside. The fish was impeccably fresh, and delicious. The fish is sitting on a thick bed of Creamed Leeks with a rich Red Wine Butter Sauce on the bottom surrounding the Leeks. The flavors and the different textures of the Potato, Fish, the Leeks and the Red Wine Sauce were just undescribable. This entree had so many layers of flavor, when combined were just fabulous. I think the different textures of it are what made it so memorable. I really wish I could give a better description of this dish. If you go to Flying Fish, you must try it!

Potato-Wrapped Red Snapper - Creamy Leek Fondue and Red Wine Butter Sauce
100_1135.jpg

I'm going to be honest...before reading your description and explanation of this dish I would never have given it a second thought, but now I think that I'm going to have to try it the next time we visit WDW. It looks great and sounds even better. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter