WHO DAT Dining Review w/Pics, ESPN,Jiko,Yachtsman,CRT,PSB,FF, Cajun Brkfst, Complete!

On to DESSERTS!

Our serving still speaking in his Old English brogue had been telling us during the meal, that his "Princess" meaning his wife, used to be a Chef at the Castle. He said that she had created the dessert we were going to have! So, we were ready to try it. Now I am a chocolate girl, and I will usually pass up dessert if there isn't any chocolate in there! This dessert really surprised me!

The dessert was called Blueberry Buckle with lemon ice cream and creme fraiche. The description really didn't do it justice. The blueberry buckle was a delicious light cake with specks of blueberries in it. It had a crunchy toppig on the top of the cake. The inside had a different type of cake in the middle. I can't say exactly what it was, just that it had a different texture and flavor! Maybe, a pudding type cake, moister & denser than the oustside. The lemon ice cream on top was also very different. It was very creamy but also light. Really lemony but not too tart. The creme fraiche surrounding the cake tasted like fresh strawberries! All the flavors together were just great! The adults all really enjoyed it.

Blueberry Buckle with Lemon Ice Cream and Creme Fraiche
100_1111.jpg

As you can see, our little Princess just lit up when her dessert was placed in front of her! A scoop of vanilla ice cream with sprinkles and chocolate sauce. A beautiful Chocolate Princess Crown on top! So pretty and she loved it!

Our Princess and her Crowning Dessert!

100_1110.jpg

I've left out so much information about this meal. First of all, the room is beautiful! The stained glass, the ceiling, you really feel as if you are in a Castle. A very nice Castle without the cold, damp floors that is!

The Dining Room Ceiling in the Castle
100_1095.jpg

Of course, all during the meal, Princesses are coming out to chat & take pictures. We found that almost all of the Characters in the Dining Room took a lot of time with the children. The Snow White that was there during our lunch was fabulous. She had a very long chat with my niece who was so thrilled. She had the perfect "Snow White" voice! It was so cute, when she came to our table, she looked at our Princess with sword in hand. She tells her "Well, look at this beautiful Princess Bride! But something about this is not quite right! Mmmm, what is it? Oh, the sword! Why does a Princess Bride have a sword?"
100_1103.jpg

Our little princess tells her it's because today she is a Princess Pirate. Snow White says " Ohhh, I understand now, how wonderful for you! You get to be pretty and have lots of fun, too!" And she continued to talk with her for quite a while.

100_1104.jpg

It was so great for our niece and made the whole ordeal downstairs, very much worth the hassle! If you haven't gone to Cinderella's Royal Table at least once, you have to try it!
100_1105.jpg

This Snow White is the Best! This was one very happy little girl! Definitely, makes the whole trip worth every penny!

I'm so pleased the meal was good, I was a bit worried about the desert but it looks delicious, not what I had imagined at all. A quick question, when we go our DD's will be 9 & 11 do they only give the wands/swords to the under 9's or to all children? Also I'm hoping the 11 year old will be able to order off the kids menu (we will pay adult price, well DP will!) as I think she would so prefer the food and definately the desert!

Now rating Cinderella's Royal Table is going to be tough! l feel as if we had two totally different experiences there.

So for the extremely rude CM downstairs and the very long wait, I give 0 points. That part was a total BOMB.

On Food, I'm going to give 5 Who Dats. Considering this is a Character Lunch, I have to give it a top rating. The quality of the food far exceeded our expectations!

Our Service and Server was Excellent! So that's another 5 Who Dats for that! I wish we could remember our Server's name. I have to give him a special mention for his service & being so "In Character" with his Old English dialect! :thumbsup2

The Atmosphere and decor in the Dining Room was also great, 5 Who Dats there!
Princess Interaction in the Dining Room, absolutely wonderful! So, I'll give them 5 Who Dats also! And a very special thank you to Snow White!pixiedust: Magical!

I'm so pleased the meal was good, I was a bit worried about the desert but it looks delicious, not what I had imagined at all. A quick question, when we go our DD's will be 9 & 11 do they only give the wands/swords to the under 9's or to all children? Also I'm hoping the 11 year old will be able to order off the kids menu (we will pay adult price, well DP will!) as I think she would so prefer the food and definately the desert!

The food overall was a very pleasant surprise. The dessert in particular! I would think most kids even 11 yo's would not be too thrilled with the adult menu. Although, my brother in law's sandwich looked good. I also think most kids (especially girl's into the princess stuff) would prefer the sundae over the blueberry buckle.

As far as the wands/swords, I really didn't notice if older children received them. But they really weren't anything fancy, just a plastic sword/wand. So I can't imagine that they would exclude any children.

Thanks, you know what sibling rivalry's like if one DD has something then the other has to too even if it's not great. :rotfl2:

Princess Storybook Breakfast in Akershus

We had an ADR for 8:55, but decided the night before we didn't want to get up that early. We had no problems changing to an ADR for 10:25.

We arrived right about 10:25. We were told that it was about a five minute wait to be seated. We were not aware that they had "prepared" picture area with Belle to take pictures before seating. I pulled out my photopass card, but was told they would take the pictures and bring it to the table later. We were able to take a picture with our camera. We had my niece take a picture alone with Belle. Belle chatted with her briefly. Thank goodness, this went by quickly, unlike the ordeal at CRT.
100_1117.jpg

Once seated, our server came to our table immediately. She took our drink orders and explained that there was a "cold" buffet and that she would bring the hot food to our table. I'm sorry I forgot to take pictures of the food & the restaurant. The restuarant is very pretty and somewhat "Castle like". Maybe you can get an idea of the atmosphere from all of the Character pics though.
100_1124.jpg

100_1123.jpg

The buffet was very small, but had a nice assortment of danish, fruits, cheese and salmon. There was a dark brown goat cheese that I've never seen before. It was really good. I was a bit disappointed that the cinnamon rolls were on the "cold" buffet and were room temperature. They were still pretty good.

Our server was very nice and attentive. She had the coffee, juice and milk at our table almost immediately. She brought the hot items to our table almost as soon as we sat down from the buffet. I would have preferred that she given us a bit more time to eat the buffet items first. However, she was so friendly and her service through out the meal was excellent. She was also from Norway and chatted with us about the weather. It was quite cold that morning and we were freezing. She thought it was quite nice and on the warm side!

The hot items she served were scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and potatoes. Everything was fresh and warm. The bacon was nice & crunchy. The eggs and biscuits were fine but average. The potatoes were something else. I don't know what was in them, but they were delicious! Our server brought out more items as needed. We did not sit around waiting for her at all!
100_1126.jpg

A young lady brought the pictures to the table. She showed them around and then told us the package was $30.00. We were a bit miffed by the way this was done. Of course, my niece looked as cute as ever in the picture, so Disney got a bit more of our money.

The Princesses had started visiting our table right away. The Princesses we saw were Mulan, Snow White, Aurora, and Mary Poppins was also there. They weren't rushed, but didn't take as much time visiting as the Characters at CRT did.

One gripe I do have is that Disney really needs to do a better job with picking Cast Members that look like the Character they are representing. This is not a complaint specific to this Character Meal but just an overall view. Some of these Princesses look exactly like their Character and others are just way off base. As in these pictures, this Snow White is perfect! And Aurora, well see what you think.
100_1121.jpg

100_1120.jpg

The restaurant's decor is very nice and the table spacing is excellent. The restaurant was not very crowded that morning. I think our server would have kept bringing out the food as long as we wanted. We were quite full. We were able to have a nice long and very leisurely breakfast. We all enjoyed this meal. The adults especially enjoyed the nice relaxed pace and atmosphere. My niece of course loved another chance to meet Princesses! She also really likes breakfast foods and ate quite of bit. I would choose this Character Meal again.

I would rate this meal a 4 Who Dats for Food, 5 Who Dats for Atmosphere, 5 Who Dats for Service and a 4 Who Dats on Character Interaction.

Coming Next: Flying Fish a tie with Jiko for Best Meal on this Trip!

Still lovin' your reviews! Great pics and the one of your princess with Belle is so cute. I've seen that Belle in other peoples pics, too.

One gripe I do have is that Disney really needs to do a better job with picking Cast Members that look like the Character they are representing. This is not a complaint specific to this Character Meal but just an overall view.

This is going to sound mean, sorry in advance!
I have to agree with the quoted text. When looking at some of the pics with the characters, I'm just asking myself why in the world Disney can't get some better looking people? It has to be a highly sought after job. Some of the women, yikes! That Belle is scary! Why are they all so old?!!

Sorry, rant over, but I doubt I am the only one thinking it! :crazy2:

I agree about the character faces, Mary Poppins is so off too!

We're going there in August so glad you enjoyed it, youngest DD loves Belle and we never saw her last trip so hopefully she'll still be there!

Loving your reviews! Your princess is adorable and I have to agree some of those princesses are downright creepy.LOL

Great reviews! We're doing the SBP breakfast in August and my girls really loved you're pictures thank you.

Thanks everyone for reading!

DisneyJo & dbmarie, Y'all will both be there in August! Hope y'all enjoy it as much as we did!

It seems odd, that in reviewing my pics, most of the "non-princess" Princess pictures I have are from Akershus. This definitely was not the only place we noticed this.

Hi
Your reviews are great!!:thumbsup2 I really enjoyed reading them. We're going to PSB in August and I'm really looking forward to it. Do you know if they would bring someone out waffles or pancakes if they don't eat eggs? I heard that they do, but I didn't know if it was true? Thanks!! Also, I just wanted to tell you that your niece is adorable. Looks like she had a great time!!

Hi
Your reviews are great!!:thumbsup2 I really enjoyed reading them. We're going to PSB in August and I'm really looking forward to it. Do you know if they would bring someone out waffles or pancakes if they don't eat eggs? I heard that they do, but I didn't know if it was true? Thanks!! Also, I just wanted to tell you that your niece is adorable. Looks like she had a great time!!

I really can't answer your question about the waffles/pancakes. :confused3 Sorry, we were all eggs eaters & didn't request anything different.

Thanks, my niece had an awesome time! I don't know if 4 is the perfect age to bring them or what! But, she enjoyed everything! Her behavior on the trip was a huge improvement over her "norm". No whining!!! You know what a treat that is!

Flying Fish

We had this ADR for 7:45 pm and decided to push it back to 8:30 to get the most out of our last full day in WDW. We arrived on time was told we'd have a 25 minute wait. My niece fell asleep in her stroller while we were waiting. We waited only about 15 minutes before being seated. We asked if we could bring the stroller to the table. She said okay since she was sleeping, but we may not have room at the table for it. Well if we would have called ahead and requested a quiet, private table we couldn't have been this lucky! She took us all the way to the back of the restaurant, off the main dining room to a round table booth in the corner. It was much quieter there, table spacing was better than the main dining room and it was more private. We were able to place my niece (still sleeping) in the stroller, right by the table up against the wall and out of the server's way.

Our server Chris showed up right away with the different drink menus and wine selections. DH and I ordered Coppola Merlot, SIL had Fess Parker Riesling and BIL ordered his usual beer.

Our server, went over the menu quite extensively, explaining everything very well. He really knew the menu and was able to give us the all details as to sauces and such.

Since none of us were really super hungry, we decided to take our time in ordering. When we saw the Cheese Selection for that night we couldn't pass it up. Fleur de Lis Cheese was first on the list!! This was a soft triple cream cheese from Louisiana. As native New Orleaneans we had to try that! The cheese tray also included a Beaufort, a French cow's milk cheese. The Fiore Sardo a hard smoked sheep's milk cheese from Sardinia. A Queso de Murcia Al Vino a Spanish goat's milk cheese that had a red rind from the local red wine. Last but not least, was a Blue de Gex a French blue cheese. Served with the cheese there were Raisins, Date Compote and Honey Comb. This cheese selection was wonderful! Each cheese was so different from the others. The Fleur de Lis cream cheese had a firm rind with very creamy interior, similar to a Brie. The blue cheese was very sharp, which I loved! The Date Compote was very good some of the cheeses, as was the Honey. The best honey I've ever tasted! Wish I had a picture of this Cheese Selection, but we had destroyed it's appearance by the time I remembered to take pictures.

BIL & SIL enjoying the meal
100_1134.jpg

Glad you didn't post a pic of the cheese, I was drooling over the description alone! :rotfl: Can't wait to read more!!

Wonderful reviews and excellent pictures. Your niece is precious... Disney could use some of those pictures in an ad campaign!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter