Who also spent way too much this past month?

The past 3 months has been horrible for our budget.

We bought a car for DS for $2500 to get back and forth to work, then spent another $1000 getting it in great shape and safe.

The first snow after getting it, DS slid into the back of a pickup with a huge hitch and caused $1500 in damage. He's paying us back, but still $ out.

I had surgery Jan 20th, the Bill's have been rolling in and so far, i owe $6900 out of pocket. That's with my "great" insurance.

Did our taxes and we're going to owe $3600. I'm having an accountant look it over since we've always gotten a small refund in the past.

We have a rental house that's been empty for 3 months getting it cleaned up and ready for new renters. The cost OOP is $3200.

We just spent an extra $500 on food, booze, and supplies last week for this.

I'm in debt. A lot of debt.
Sending good thoughts....

The past 3 months has been horrible for our budget.

We bought a car for DS for $2500 to get back and forth to work, then spent another $1000 getting it in great shape and safe.

The first snow after getting it, DS slid into the back of a pickup with a huge hitch and caused $1500 in damage. He's paying us back, but still $ out.

I had surgery Jan 20th, the Bill's have been rolling in and so far, i owe $6900 out of pocket. That's with my "great" insurance.

Did our taxes and we're going to owe $3600. I'm having an accountant look it over since we've always gotten a small refund in the past.

We have a rental house that's been empty for 3 months getting it cleaned up and ready for new renters. The cost OOP is $3200.

We just spent an extra $500 on food, booze, and supplies last week for this.

I'm in debt. A lot of debt.

:hug: Sending you good thoughts and vibes.

Between buying up 2+ weeks work of food and setting up my home office, I definitely spent way more than my monthly budget. Who here also spent way too much and feels bad about it?

I did & I do feel bad about it. I definitely got sucked into the supermarket hype :( I didn't hoard toilet paper, but I most definitely overstocked up on food and kid/adult fever medicine during two ridiculous shopping trips.

Nope, we haven't spent any more than we normally do. We usually buy groceries two to three weeks at a time, my hubby already works from home because he has his own IT business. We keep our cold/flu/alergy meds stocked all the time so already had those. The town I work in is on only essential businesses can open lock down but I work for a 2 person IT company that's main clients are doctors and farms, which can continue to stay open. I'm the bookkeeper so I was going to have to work even if our business shut down cause bills continue to come in and have to be paid. It's just be in the entire building so no problems there. My boss comes in every once in awhile but not very often, I went a whole year without seeing him until last week. The business on one side of our building is shut down because the owner is undergoing radiation and they don't want to risk it. We don't normally go out to eat all that often and haven't done any take out since this started.

I did & I do feel bad about it. I definitely got sucked into the supermarket hype :( I didn't hoard toilet paper, but I most definitely overstocked up on food and kid/adult fever medicine during two ridiculous shopping trips.

It's more the additional delivery costs and buying foods I normally don't eat because foods I do are sold out. Setting up my office was an expected expense that I had planned for this year. I didn't plan for it this month. I was spreading it out.

I’ve definitely spent more on food and cleaning supplies - not so much for our house (it’s just 2 of us) - but for my daughter and her family...I want to keep them safe and supplied so they can stay in and not risk exposure. I did replace a ton of OTC meds late Feb - some were decades old...

I spent more due to preparing for Quarantine. I’m ok with it since now I will be off work longer until May or maybe longer. Dd came home from college and was going to be off until mid April but now it’s until the rest of the semester. I’ll save $$ for April and May since the university let Students living in housing out of their contracts. Hubby will be home more since they are doing a special schedule rotating the workers. I’m so glad my freezer and fridge are stocked since we will be home longer than we thought. Plus I read this could 10-12 weeks

At the beginning of the school year I get my dd stuff and we bulk buy at Sam’s or Costco and split it with dd. She brought back Clorox wipes, wet ones wipes, 6-8 rolls of toilet paper, cleaning supplies (college kids don’t seem to clean lol) . She’s in class full time 5 days a week so lucky for us with the toilet paper lol

We've spent more on groceries the last couple of weeks, and no end in sight for that. It is surprising how much more food we go through with all of us at home all day, and not eating out any more.

Not trying to proselytize here, but stay away from alcohol. Reduces immune response. I am a HEAVY wine drinker and have quit cold turkey. It hurts I know.

We're actually spending much less than we normally would, about $700 so far. We normally go out Friday and Saturday nights, as well as run random errands during the week. We got back from Toronto a month ago and other than groceries, haven't spent anything else. :confused3

We're actually spending much less than we normally would, about $700 so far. We normally go out Friday and Saturday nights, as well as run random errands during the week. We got back from Toronto a month ago and other than groceries, haven't spent anything else. :confused3
That’s great! Wish I could say the same.🤪

If anything, we've probably spent less. We usually eat out once a week, and now we are cooking in. Saving all that money. And, no more shopping "just because." Even ordering on line, we are seriously considering whether it's a "want" or a "need" before hitting that buy button. Because even if *I* don't need to face exposure to get the item, a whole bunch of other people do, and we should all be mindful of that (IMO, only, obviously). And, we buy our meat in bulk from a farmer, so we had stocks of that. No need to spend even a dime more. All our other grocery shopping has been quite "normal" by our standards. Now, will my electric bill go through the roof with my son living under our roof? Maybe. LOL

We’ve spent way more on groceries since everyone is home, except me. We stocked up. Plus we aren’t eating out as much so we’re saving there but putting it back into groceries.

We are on a shutdown so there’s no where to go spend money. Everything is closed except essential places.

So we’re actually saving since we have pretty busy social lives. My SO cancelled his trip to Clearwater for Phillies spring training. We cancelled a weekend in Atlantic City for a comedy show. We usually do happy hour once a week. We hang with friends most weekends either at a bar or someone is having some kind of gathering or party.

But I need a new lap top so that may be where we spend the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter