Which Value Resort is the best

We have stayed at POP the past 2 years and are thinking of staying at the ASMU this year. My girls are 3 and 5 and love music so I think we will give it a try. We are suppose to stay at POFQ but the price diffrence is making me :scared1:. We would do the ASMO but the rooms need to be refurbed before we go back.

I have stayed at Sports and Music, and I like the Music just a little bit more. At the Music they show movies by the pool at night, and play games by the pool during the day. They are the only Value resort that does both!

My only issue with the Music is that for the 2 stays where I booked preferred rooms, I didn't get one either time. I got standard rooms. Maybe I am just very unlucky, but it does make stop and think about what I will do if I decide I want to book another Value resort vacation, but want a preferred room.

Otherwise, the Music is a great resort.:)

We'll be going there for our 5th straight year this year and love it. We have stayed at other resorts and many hotels off site but prefer Pop for the styling, food and easy to use buses!:surfweb:

We have stayed at POP the past 2 years and are thinking of staying at the ASMU this year. My girls are 3 and 5 and love music so I think we will give it a try. We are suppose to stay at POFQ but the price diffrence is making me :scared1:. We would do the ASMO but the rooms need to be refurbed before we go back.

We are also considering staying at POFQ for our upcoming trip. We stayed here before and absolutely fell in love with the property. We were in Building 2. The resort is not overly large, so getting to the boat stop or the bus stop was not a challenge in the early morning or late late evening hours. If budget isn't a problem, we highly recommend this resort. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a very Magical Vacation.

I have stayed at Sports and Music, and I like the Music just a little bit more. At the Music they show movies by the pool at night, and play games by the pool during the day. They are the only Value resort that does both!

My only issue with the Music is that for the 2 stays where I booked preferred rooms, I didn't get one either time. I got standard rooms. Maybe I am just very unlucky, but it does make stop and think about what I will do if I decide I want to book another Value resort vacation, but want a preferred room.

Otherwise, the Music is a great resort.:)

Did they refund your money you paid to have a preferred room? We have always gotten what we booked

We have stayed at ASMu and POP and greatly prefer ASMu. POP is just a lot bigger and more hectic, the lines for everything seemed endless! ASMu is smaller, quieter and much more convenient, especially when everyone is trying to catch the bus in the morning to get to the parks!

The movies by the pool at night are a great way to unwind after a hot day at the parks. ASMu is the only value that offers that, as well as poolside activities during the day.

The themeing and landscaping is also very nice at ASMu, and the rooms were renovated recently, so nice and fresh!

Good luck:goodvibes

Did they refund your money you paid to have a preferred room? We have always gotten what we booked

They haven't yet. I'm told it can take a couple billing cycles. My Dreams Unlimited TA is checking into it for me. They also told me they would give me one night's stay back for my trouble, and I haven't seen that yet either. It makes me very sad, because up until this I would have had no problem recommending the Music as a great place to stay. Now, I can't say that without reservations.

They haven't yet. I'm told it can take a couple billing cycles. My Dreams Unlimited TA is checking into it for me. They also told me they would give me one night's stay back for my trouble, and I haven't seen that yet either. It makes me very sad, because up until this I would have had no problem recommending the Music as a great place to stay. Now, I can't say that without reservations.

Sorry to hear about your issues, I am glad they are trying to work with you. I have never heard of Disney not giving you the room you booked. I will always carry this in the back of my mind.

Ok, noto hi-jack a thread but because I have the same question and maybe this can be an extention to this thread. I usually hang out on the DCL seection and hear that oveer here everyone is straight to the point and "please do not hi-jack";) But I need help the same way.
We are adding a night to our cruise and plan to stay on property. We have only done CBR & POFQ. Since it is only one night we want to do a value.

Which is better for ME transportation?
Which is better daily bus service (frequent & not crowded)
Which has the cleanest room?
Which has the best food court?
Which has the shortest lines?

We will need thm also to keep our luggage on Sunday after check out while we hit AK before our late trip back to the airport.:surfweb:

Another vote for Pop! It has great bus service, great location, love the food court and it has a lake with a great bridge you can take walks on. We've stayed at ASSports and the only thing we liked there was the food court. The bus service wasn't terrible, but it was nothing like Pop.

Which is better for ME transportation? NA
Which is better daily bus service (frequent & not crowded) Pop -- they can get crowded, but they come so frequently that it wasn't an issue for us.
Which has the cleanest room? Pop -- our room at ASSports had poop smeared all over the bathroom when we checked in. GROSS!!!!! :scared1:
Which has the best food court? I'd say it's a toss up. Pop has great selections, but I really like the taco salads at ASSports.
Which has the shortest lines? At check-in...I think they are about the same. At prime eating times (i.e. breakfast), I'd say Pop.

Of the values we've done multiple stays at POP, but they were completely booked up on our last trip (spur of the moment decision) so we tried ASMusic. So disappointed....even to the point of thinking if that had been our first stay at a WDW resort, we would probably never stay on property again. We all love POP.

I have done Pop twice now and kind of want a change. I can't really decide between the All Stars though. I like Pop but could use a less crowded resort for a change. Pop is never not crowded. We are going at the end of May.

I have stayed at All Star Music and All Star Movies . I not a great fan of All star music but LOVE All Star Movies . Our last trip I went with Dh Ds 11 Dd 11 Ds7 Dn 17 Dn 17 Dn 23 . They were just as excited about Buzz and Woody as the 7 year old . We have never stayed at Pop . Hope this helps .

When was the last time All Star Sports was renovated? We are going in March but the last time I was there was in the '90's when it opened.

I'm a HUGE fan of ASMusic. As stated before my family and I enjoy the extras. The evening pool side movies, the games outside or inside are a plus. I enjoyed the fact that when it rains I can go to the food court and play a few games for a few Disney prizes and maybe eat the ice cream I never have room for after dinner. It's actually a lot of fun too, and a great alternative to sitting in the room during rainy days. We played like a Disney Jeopardy type game. The prizes were nothing fancy, maybe a Disney game or free drink or something. There was a dancing competition. We all did the electric slide and chi chi slide. Their food court is really good to me too. I had some of my better meals there. This resort was remodeled maybe 2 or 3 years ago too. IMO, I would upgrade to a preferred room. Although the resort isn't huge, after a long day at the park it seemed like it took us forever to get to our rooms. Twice we were stuck in the furthest rooms away from the food court - literally! No complaints on anything else, I can't really complain about the room placement either - I should have upgraded. I booked at ASMusic this summer (free dining) and as luck would have it, no preferred was available. I will keep on trying though!:wizard:

We just got back from All Star Sports and it was great! We stayed in bldg 4 (tennis theme) Room was perfect for the value.

I would go with POP, nothing is worse then waiting at 2 or 3 stops before getting to your stop(IMO). It was even annoying when I stayed at CBR. My 2nd Pop stay is coming up soon and I cannot wait.

I too posted on this thread and wanted to come back to say Thank You! We stayed at POP and was very very happy. I asked my DH; why have we not done this before. I did not see much (beside a couple of square feet) difference between the room and the convience of POP v/s CBR. I can see the delux difference, but not much between our "Ole' Faithful" and POP. I think POP won over the Tink Family. Thanks everyone!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter