• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which restaurants do you recommend?

KAG Mom

Earning My Ears
:earsgirl: We are going to Disney in July. There will be my husband and I, my DS19, my DD 20, and my DD15. We will also have my youngest daughter's friend with us who is also 15. We plan on eating in each of the parks one day, probably lunch. What would your suggestions be? We are looking for a fun atmosphere and good food.

Always a good question where to eat.
IMHO the best of the best are as follows:
AK-Flame tree
the best ribs in all of WDW, also a great Chicken salad, good prices especially when using the Meal Plus Certificate which cost $12.74 (includes tax) which will get you: one entre & one beverage , one snack (either popcorn or icecream) and one additional beverage (of your choice)

MGM:
SCI-Fi Theatre great place for milkshakes, burgers, fries and onion rings. but they also serve salads and various sandwiches. Plus you get to watch some great 1950's science fiction movies and drivin intermisssion commericals.

Epcot:
this is really difficult because there is such a vast selection. Morocco has a great selection of meals, but a bit bland in my opinion. Japan has great sushi, The Nine Dragons is very good. Also lunch at LeCellier is exceptional.
In my opinion the World Showcase is a place to snack, take a bit from each country, not just eat at one. If you like Crepes: certainly go to France.

MK:
no better place for lunch than Crystal Palace. great buffet and good interaction with Pooh characters. If you are not interested in character lunch
I always suggest Cosmic Ray's, it has three different counters serving the best selection for all tastes in just one spot.

Have a great time.

Some suggestions from a parent of teen-agers:

MGM: Sci Fi cafe. Teens all love this place. Just stick with burgers and fries.

MK: Columbia Harbour House. Its kind of out of the way, and the food is very good and reasonably priced. Usually the upstairs tables are virtually empty, and its a great place to eat a good meal and catch your breath.
Another good option at MK is Liberty Tree.

Epcot: San Angel Inn. Absolutely beautiful place for lunch.

AK: Try breakfast or lunch at the Rainforest Cafe if you've never been there.
Another place that older kids love.

Hope you have a great trip!

My absolute faves are the Sci-Fi Dine In and the 50's Primetime Cafe, both in MGM.

In MK, there's not a whole lot. The Colombia Harbour House near the Haunted Mansion is really good for counter service. All of the sitdown restaurants are pretty mediocre.

In AK, Rainforest Cafe if you've never been to one. If you've been before, skip it and just get fast food. There's another RC in DD.

In Epcot, the San Angel Inn is great Mexican and possibly the most beautiful restaurant in all of WDW. The atmosphere is AMAZING. The French sidewalk Cafe, Chefs de France is very good as well. The Japanese restaurant is alright if you like tempura, but basically that's all they have there.

In the hotels: The California Grill in the Contemporary is awesome but $$$, Victoria and Alberts is the most memorable meal of your life but no kids and you have to remember to pack nice clothes. Jiko in the AKL is awesome too.

cdntourguide said:
I always suggest Cosmic Ray's, it has three different counters serving the best selection for all tastes in just one spot.

Cosmic Ray's is good if you're by yourself, but be warned that if you have young kids who want a burger and you want a chicken sandwich, you may have to wait in two seperate 20 minutes lines.

And between 11:30 and 1:30 finding a table is a nightmare.

I'd suggest walking to the other side of the park instead of eating in Tomorrowland.

Hi,
I would reccomend; hollywood & vine (buffet with great food and a decent price), california grill (expensive, but nice setting. try to see Wishes, MK fireworks display from here.), rainforest cafe is nice and has large serving sizes. There are just some of the many great resturants at disney.

MK- CP or LTT if looking for counter service head to CHH
MGM- 50's Prime Time, with kids that age it should be a blast!!! Plus the food is a step above sci-fi
Epcot- Japan either Tempura Kiko which is all tempura or Teppanyaki where they cook the food in front og you its most grilled meats and veggies which they can do plain or seasoned
AK- RFC hands down

My favorite topic! :)

Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace for lunch. Only problem is I eat so much I don't want to get back up! ;) We also like the Liberty Tree Tavern - cool and quiet. And Dole Whips for a snack!

Epcot - Love Le Cellier in Canada! Also, Lotus Blossom Cafe in China, Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom (fish and chips!), and Coral Reef if you really want to splurge. Don't miss the funnel cakes in America!

MGM - I like Starring Rolls for a snack. Our favorite restaurant is Mama Melrose's.

Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree for great barbecue or the Rainforest Cafe.

Ahhh... Disney dining. Something near and dear to our hearts!

Best restaurant in each park...

MK - Crystal Palace breakfast buffet is to die for. Great selections, food is kept very fresh, the 100 Acre wood gang is on hand, and they have puffed French toast. DW and I also used to like to have lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table, alas, now they've turned it into another princess meal. It was great to enjoy a decent (somewhat quiet) lunch overlooking Fantasyland.

MGM - Without a doubt, the best place for lunch would be 50's Prime Time Cafe'. It's old-fashioned comfort food in a wonderful setting. The fried chicken is the best on property, and DW loves the meatloaf and pot roast as well. Also, for a nice dinner, try the Brown Derby. The atmosphere is unbelieveable and the food is excellent. I highly recommend the grapefruit cake.

EPCOT - DW and I are partial to LeCellier. It's a blessedly cool and quiet spot in Canada with a fine menu and neat atmosphere. We also like Rose & Crown, primarily because of getting an outdoor seat at Illuminations time.

AK - Try Flame Tree or Tusker House. Pizzafari has neat decor, but kind of cardboard-like pizza.

Just my $0.02

pirate: :drinking1

Rather than a specific place, I would suggest more of a dining stategy! It is kind of hard to go wrong at Disney. Most of the places are great, depending on what you are looking for, and what you are willing to pay. The great thing about Disney is that they cater to every taste. If you want something quick, there are great places to get quick bites...If you want a more expensive sit down meal, Disney has that too. If you want to try something daring and exotic - like the Sci-fi Diner, or a little exotic in the sense of eating Morrocan food - you can do that too. Sometimes their sit-down prices are a little steep (for that matter so are their quick meals) but he overall quality of the food is very good, so to a large extent you can afford to wait until you are at the park - and see what appeals to you that day. I would also suggest that you look for the shortest line, if you are choosing quick service. The biggest problem we've had has been when we waited in a long line to get something. Also, it depends on how long you are staying. For example, if you try to get a hot dog at Casey's in the MK right before the fireworks - the line will be long, and you may think, "It wasn't worth missing the fireworks for this hotdog," but at almost any other time, the line is relatively short there, and they have great hot dogs there. So if you are returning to the MK, you can afford to come back the next day instead of waiting in that long line for a Casey's hot dog. If you can avoid eating at peak times, you'll do better as far as lines go. It is better to be flexible. One thing that I would say is an absolute must during your visit is a Mickey Ice CReam bar. They are sold at many of the ice cream stands through out the parks...but beware, once you taste one, you'll have to come back (to WDW)for more! Last, I would suggest at least one priority seating at a nice place, and maybe even a character meal - it isn't something to do for every meal, but even the adults I've seen will drop their adult attitude for a bit to cavort with Mickey for a few minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter