Where would you go for mothers day?

memakwed

DIS Veteran
Here's the thing. We are really going for my dad's 70th bday. Turns out we'll be there for mothers day too. My mom says she doesn't want to do anything for mothers day in which she has to keep going back and forth to the resort to change ie a higher end restaurant. She wants to wear her usual park clothes she would wear for rides. Ie Capris blouse and sneakers. She doesn't really do shorts and tshirts. Anyway I want to find someplace special that she'd enjoy for mother's day dinner or brunch in the attire she'd like to be comfortable in for the day. Where would you go for mothers day?

Brunch at California Grill is my absolute favorite meal on property! I think it would be perfect for Mother's Day...and during the day people are not as dressy there as they may be for dinner from what I have seen so she would be just fine in her usual park attire. It will be a great treat for everyone!

If I were at WDW during Mother's Day, I would want to go the the Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian. But, since you're looking for dinner or brunch, I think '50's Prime Time would probably make for a fun experience and Brown Derby would be nice.

Sounds like her normal park attire would be appropriate just about anywhere except V&A. For a special in-park meal, I'd recommend Tiffins at Animal Kingdom, Brown Derby at DHS, or any number of table service restaurants in Epcot (really depends on what type of food is her favorite). My choices would be Tiffins or brunch at California Grill.

As others have said, except V&A, she can wear her park clothes to any other restaurant on property. Do you know where you will be that day? If at MK, I would suggest Cali Grill. If you would like something that isn't as expensive, I would do GF Cafe. If at EP, I would consider Monsieur Paul. AK, Tiffin's, Jiko or Sanaa. DHS, Hollywood Brown Derby.

Depends on where you are for AK are Jiko's, for HS Brown Derby, for MK area The California Grill for EPCOT there are so many places to choose.

Thanks for the suggestions. My mom is a tea tober so I thought about the afternoon tea but she said she didn't want to separate from the rest of the family just the two of us and I know my dad and my husband and teen son wouldn't love afternoon tea so that went to the way side. 50's primetime is already on our schedule. I think I will look into brown derby and cali grill. I've been to brown derby but she hasn't. Neither have done cali grill for brunch. Thanks again for suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter