• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

where would you go and why?

Personally I would visit the San Diego Zoo. I just came back from my first vacation to southern California and went to both Sea World and the SD Zoo. Sea World was a bit disappointing-- I prefer the one in Orlando. The SD Zoo was the by far the nicest zoo I have ever visited. It is huge and there is a lot of walking. The koalas and pandas are the cutest!! :lovestruc

More information would help us make a recommendation ...

What time of year are you going -- part of Sea World's entertainment is dark in the off-season.

Kids? Ages and interests? Do you have a great zoo nearby (I know I really liked the Toronto Zoo when I was there years ago)?

Are you looking to do something else that day -- probably can't fit much more in with Sea World, but possibly a later-day activity with the zoo.

PHXscuba

More information would help us make a recommendation ...

What time of year are you going -- part of Sea World's entertainment is dark in the off-season.

Kids? Ages and interests? Do you have a great zoo nearby (I know I really liked the Toronto Zoo when I was there years ago)?

Are you looking to do something else that day -- probably can't fit much more in with Sea World, but possibly a later-day activity with the zoo.

PHXscuba

We are planning to go to San Diego at the tail end of our vacation. We will be in Disneyland Sept 2-6 for the half marathon. Then we are heading to Palm Springs for 4 days for some much needed relaxation. We plan to leave Palm Springs early Thursday morning my husband is going golfing at Tory Pines in the afternoon. Friday is family day my 3-year-old daughter Stella and I get to choose the activity so I am thinking of either the zoo or sea world. We go to the Toronto Zoo about every two weeks she absolutely loves it. We have Marineland here, I haven't taken her since she was one. Any advice would be much appreciated!:)

You might want to do the San Diego Wild Animal park. Really Sea World is like all sea animal parks. Do you have Shamu or an Orca like Sea World? It does have a couple rides but nothing super.

While the SD zoo is a top notch zoo, the Wild Animal park is less like a traditional zoo. If you have heard of one then you have heard of the other and probably don't know the difference. They are both why San Diego is known for zoos.

The Wild Animal park is about 45 minutes from downtown without traffic.

My opinion is if you go to the TO zoo often then I'd scratch SD zoo. While I think the SD zoo is great we also have a zoo here but not a Sea World well nothing bigger than at the pet store.

I say Sea World hands down. There's a great kids play area, also a touuch pool and sting rays you can touch or feed. SW will be on shorter hours by when you go so you may still have a couple of hours for the beach or motel pool.

WAP is nice too.

Unless there are several animals at the SD Zoo you want to see and can't at home (for us it was pandas, koalas, hippos), I think I'd go with Sea World or the Wild Animal Park. I think there are more varied activities at Sea World as PPers have said. My son loved the penguins best at age 4! The Wild Animal Park is a a little north of SD and has a "safari tram" as well as shows mostly. It's similar and different than a zoo at the same time.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter