Where would you get a portrait session?

Where would you have a portrait session?

• Grand Floridian

• Polynesian

• Beach Club

• Wilderness Lodge

• Animal Kingdom Lodge

• It's not worth it

Results are only viewable after voting.

cookieswithangel

Resident of the Hundred Acre Wood
The teenager of our party needs a senior picture this year, and we're deeply considering doing a Disney Photopass portrait session. She's grown up around Disney, so we think it's appropriate we give Disney a shot, but where should we make reservations at? We're staying at AKL, but are willing to consider any of the participating resorts.
We would really appreciate any feedback from this experience! Thanks!

I voted for GF:thumbsup2

We have done Photo's at GF and Poly and we loved the GF pix better. The Poly pix were great but just so "vacationie". The GF pictures had elements like we were on vacation but also some very nice pix that were just so beautiful. At the GF you can get access to the carriage:wizard:, beach, fountains, grassy areas, the leather chairs inside were so classy and shouted education, wonderful romantic bouquets as a background, and the favorite of our daughter was ones sitting in the big windows and looking into a mirror at herself. We just haven’t seen photo's like these at the other resorts. We have already booked our session this June and can't wait!!

We've seen a bunch of portraits from GF, and they look gorgeous! The only thing that we're weary about is that she's not all for that "fancy" look the GF might give her, but we agree it's a beautiful resort. Do you think the photographers can make it a more natural, less fancy look?
And thanks for your opinion!

I'm not sure if you have booked your package yet but wanted to add a thought. Our family did an extended photo session at the Polynesian in the summer 2009 which included time for our graduate of 2010 to have Senior Pictures done. They were wonderful. She wore shorts & a cute top for outside then quickly changed to a sundress for indoor pictures. We were so pleased. BC & WL are favorite resorts so actually were very torn but so pleased with our choice.

Recently the private resort photo sessions have gone through a change of sorts. According to the lady I talked to at Disney's Fine Arts Photography they are all being handled through them now and no longer through Photopass. I sought out this info when a person on another forum/website was asking where the Photopass desk/kiosk at the Wilderness Lodge had disappeared to.

Basically, they're offering 2 different options:

The mini-shoot is $150 for a 20 minute photo shoot at 1 of 4 deluxe resorts: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, or Beach Club. Included in your $150 is all untouched/unedited images on a cd with copyright release.

The enhanced shoot is $350 for an hour long photo shoot with a photographer and assistant virtually anywhere on Disney property. Yes, this includes the parks. All images are edited/retouched and you get a 6x6 proof book. It's not on the website, but I have verified that for an additional $50 you can purchase all your edited/retouched images on a cd w/copyright release.

Here's a link to a thread with some discussion.

Here's a link to Disney's Fine Arts Photography with examples, tips, etc.

Hope that helps with your decision. Of the resort choices my vote goes to the Poly just because it's so lush and pretty.

I voted for Grand Floridian. There are so many pretty spots both inside and out to get great shots. We had photos done there as part of our vow renewal and I love the backdrop.

We've done PhotoPass sessions at both Poly and BC. BC was a very nice spot for photos as well. Pretty background from the YC, you can also get shots with the water and BW in the background. Poly was my least favorite of the three.

We had our family portrait taken just before sunset at the GF back in November and they came out absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We wanted a more casual look to our pics so we all wore jeans, white shirts and were barefoot and took the majority of our pictures on the beach and some over by the outside fountain. My oldest is going into her senior year of HS and she wants to take her senior pictures at Disney as well. She loved the backdrop at the GF so much that she has decided that's where she wants to take her pics too when we return this October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter