Where is my FAVORITE DCL cast member?

... They also had their hands full w/their other tables being far more demanding... between the two cruises they had one table w/a crying baby every night, so forever keeping one parent's food hot, cutting up one's food, etc... another two tables were a few couples and about a dozen+ of their children, sitting away from the parents wreaking havoc, making a huge mess, etc... another was a large group of Indian families requesting off-menu/traditional Indian cuisine items at every meal... they were really kept on their toes!

It sounds as though the Head Server should have been able to pitch in when necessary. In addition, when it comes to ordering off menu, a Head Server is often able to assist. Usually, the Head Server meets with the guests AFTER dinner, to prepare a menu for the following day, based upon the availability of food for the following day. This is the current procedure for guests with food allergies, but is also followed for other circumstances, as well.

Thank you so much for finding out. Going to put in my request! I always bring little cellophane bags filled with assorted Lindor truffles and Ghirardelli squares. Any particular one he likes?
I do know Ivan-he was our server in Palo on the Fantasy last Thanksgiving.

Typically, I would suggest avoiding candy coated chocolate (such as M&M's) to most all cast members, as well as other candies in general. Most anything chocolate is coveted ... and I would think Ghirardelli and Lindor would be exquisite!
:banana:

Steven

Were they servers? Looking for some good servers on the Magic:thumbsup2. Loved our server on the Dream a few years ago, but in 4 cruises he was the only memorable one. We've had some adequate ones and some awful ones. A good server makes dinner something special.

My personal recommendations for servers on the Magic:
Palo: Laszlo Gion (Hungary)
Main Dining Room: Sompong "Sammy" Poonchuroensuk (Thailand)
Main Dining Room: I Made Swastika (Indonesia) ... first name is pronounced e-MOD-a. Some guests may not understand "Swastika" used as a name. In Asian culture, "swastika" means ... may you prosper and have good fortune.

I have taken the liberty of posting information found online, regarding the swastika ...
"The Swastika is a symbol that belongs to the entire human race. They appear in many different forms and in almost all our ancestral cultures, existing for more than 15,000 years with different names. The Swastika was and always will be a symbol of protection and good luck. Unfortunately during the World War II, the Nazi's were effective in there misuse of the Swastika symbol."

The Nazi's changed the design of the original Swastika. The Nazi Swastika is a black cross in 45 degrees pointing to the right (the original Swastika points to the LEFT). Please remember, the (original) swastika symbol is positive in many countries and cultures, and there is no reason to connect this to the genocide associated with World War II.

Steven

We had a great team on the Magic last year, Genesis & Wayan.... does anyone know them? Are they still onboard the Magic? We will be sailing on the Magic later this year (August) and I would like to request them if possible. They were SO good with my little one!!

Any possibility of getting Mihayl from Hungary (I always spell his name wrong), who served us immaculately on the Dream, on our next Magic? Or one as good? He was fastidious and impeccable, personable and made our trip very magical.

My personal recommendations for servers on the Magic:
Palo: Laszlo Gion (Hungary)
Main Dining Room: Sompong "Sammy" Poonchuroensuk (Thailand)
Main Dining Room: I Made Swastika (Indonesia) ... first name is pronounced e-MOD-a.

Steven

We would love to request Laszlo if he is there for the EBTA. Many servers we spoke to on the Magic in December mentioned they would be leaving just before the EBTA in May. Even our head server was planning vacation during the EBTA.

Any possibility of getting Mihayl from Hungary (I always spell his name wrong), who served us immaculately on the Dream, on our next Magic? Or one as good? He was fastidious and impeccable, personable and made our trip very magical.

Mihaly returned to the Dream this past Sunday.

It sounds as though the Head Server should have been able to pitch in when necessary. In addition, when it comes to ordering off menu, a Head Server is often able to assist. Usually, the Head Server meets with the guests AFTER dinner, to prepare a menu for the following day, based upon the availability of food for the following day. This is the current procedure for guests with food allergies, but is also followed for other circumstances, as well.

Oh, the HS was also fabulous... I believe his name was Cedophar (sp? I can look it up)... he was very hands' on, visited with us, corralled the children at the one table multiple times, etc. He was very in tune to his servers' needs, and also was very friendly to the guests, always said hello when he saw us around the ship, etc... no complaints there! I'm wondering if he assigned this team to those tables because he knew they could accommodate and not leave others feeling slighted!

We are very familiar w/the food allergy process as my eldest son had food allergies the first time we sailed (and luckily outgrew them! WOOT!).

Mihaly returned to the Dream this past Sunday.

We've also had Mihaly (our first Dream cruise) and I was pleasantly surprised to see him as assisting at the Muster Drill. I kept looking at him thinking he looked so familiar then saw his name tag when he came over. This was the 12/5 Dream sailing.

One of my favorite servers (who has been mentioned here) has apparently gotten so popular I can't ever get him. I've requested him the last two sailings on the Dream and no go. The last time a group of 24 requested him so obviously they took precedence over our group of three. I love meeting new crew members and it's amazing how many actually do recognize YOU if you've sailed a ship a few times or if you've bumped into the crew members on others. My most recent Dream sailing we had Leo and we really liked him and he asked if I had been on the Dream as I looked really familiar and told him yes - 4 times.

Anyone know the whereabouts of head server Rexson? I met him on the Dream and he mentioned he wanted to go to the Magic but he wasn't there last month and I got two different answers - one was he was on the Fantasy and the other he was back on the Dream.

Heather

We've also had Mihaly (our first Dream cruise) and I was pleasantly surprised to see him as assisting at the Muster Drill. I kept looking at him thinking he looked so familiar then saw his name tag when he came over. This was the 12/5 Dream sailing.

This is the guy, right?

1003859_136190949916497_646378497_n.jpg

Does anyone know if Emily Cross from Scotland has returned to the Magic? She was an assistant server this past summer and we'd love to have her again.

My husband and I are wondering if Aaron (Philippines) and Luan (South Africa) are still on the Wonder? We had them last March on the Wonder as our server & assistant server and will be returning this June for an Alaskan cruise. We are hoping we can get them again.

We would love to request Laszlo if he is there for the EBTA. Many servers we spoke to on the Magic in December mentioned they would be leaving just before the EBTA in May. Even our head server was planning vacation during the EBTA.

Laszlo will be on vacation on or about April 25, 2014. In the past, in his absence, he has recommended Susana from Portugal. I would suggest putting in a double recommendation through your T/A (or DCL, if booked through DCL without a T/A):

- request Laszlo Gion (Hungary) ... and also request Susana (Portugal) IF Laszlo is unavailable.

You might want to double check your reservation once you board the Magic on embarkation day.

If you get either server ... please tell them you heard about them on DISboards. The Palo Managers seem amazed at the effort expended by guests, to recommend and seek top notch DCL servers.
:idea:

Good luck, and enjoy!

Steven

Wondering is we will get to see Alice, Kemisha & Julia in the Fantasy Concierge lounge on 3/1? We've missed them this year :)

OH! And server Brent from Trinidad and Tabago. He was our server last year, we've requested him this year. Hoping he is still on the Fantasy. I know he was waiting for a promotion to open up when we saw him last year!

Laszlo will be on vacation on or about April 25, 2014. In the past, in his absence, he has recommended Susana from Portugal. I would suggest putting in a double recommendation through your T/A (or DCL, if booked through DCL without a T/A):

- request Laszlo Gion (Hungary) ... and also request Susana (Portugal) IF Laszlo is unavailable.

You might want to double check your reservation once you board the Magic on embarkation day.

If you get either server ... please tell them you heard about them on DISboards. The Palo Managers seem amazed at the effort expended by guests, to recommend and seek top notch DCL servers.
:idea:

Good luck, and enjoy!

Steven

Steven, I am sending you a private message to see if you would possibly be able to contact Laszlo and ask him a question.

Jenny

Hilash on the Magic is amazing. He's a server, sailed on the Med for 11nights in 2011, and sailed again in 2013 and he remembered us straight away, and was just as nice as our first experience. Also Rajo, was a server in Palo on the Magic, now works in Remy's on the Fantasy, sooooooo nice, could not have been more helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter