Where do you wait?

sweetlike

Earning My Ears
Total rookie question but after you check in for a reservation, where do you wait? We are a party of 12 with 3 young kids and I'm just wondering if we can stroll through a nearby shop to waste time or do we have to stay in the restaurant? Do they give you a pager like normal restaurants? And finally what happens if you mis them calling your table?!?

TIA this is a big group and I just want to make sure I'm herding cats as efficiently as I can!

PS - we are dining at Crystal Palace, CRT (though I've seen the waiting area for this), BOG, Hollywood & Vine, Brown Derby and Le Cellier

I would stay there. A few weeks ago some places called us and others we got pagers but most of the time they called us anyway and we never had long waits.

Three years ago they used pagers. So i'd assume they are still using them, or, like a lot of restaurants these days, they might text you when table is ready. Maybe one person could hang around the front of the restaurant and then send a group text when table is ready. Good luck and have fun!

Total rookie question but after you check in for a reservation, where do you wait? We are a party of 12 with 3 young kids and I'm just wondering if we can stroll through a nearby shop to waste time or do we have to stay in the restaurant? Do they give you a pager like normal restaurants? And finally what happens if you mis them calling your table?!?

TIA this is a big group and I just want to make sure I'm herding cats as efficiently as I can!

PS - we are dining at Crystal Palace, CRT (though I've seen the waiting area for this), BOG, Hollywood & Vine, Brown Derby and Le Cellier

Crystal Palace - the waiting area is outside. There is a fairly big covered patio and you can also wait in a path area. There is a great view of the castle from here.

BOG - you wait on the bridge between the check-in kiosk and the restaurant

Hollywood & Vine - the waiting area is a big, covered porch with benches

Brown Derby - there is a small "lobby" area in the entrance of the restaurant. Big enough to hold 12, but not enough chairs.

Le Cellier - there is an incredibly small entrance area - definitely not big enough to hold 12, especially with other checking in.

Most restaurants use pagers, but I still wouldn't travel far. Once that pager goes off or they call your name, they will want to seat you. With Crystal Palace, you can just walk the kids on the pathway while someone waits on the porch or pathway. BOG - you really should all stay on the bridge. There is no shop close enough that you could call people back and be seated in a timely manner. Hollywood and Vine, again, I would stay in the porch area. The kids could even walk down with someone to look at the big dinosaur which isn't far. Brown Derby - I don't know if you will all fit depending on other people checking in and waiting. They use pagers, I would have someone in the lobby and you could walk the children outside a little. Le Cellier - way too small for everyone to fit. There are some beautiful gardens to look at while you wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter