• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When would you visit Disney? May, Nov or Dec.

ejsmomma

Mouseketeer
May (mid), November (early) or December (early)

We went last year in Sept which was GREAT! But it will be the boys first month of school (kindergarten and preschool). December I worry about the crowds in early Dec since we were sooooo lucky to talk on nearly everything in beginning of Sept right after Labor Day. IT was hot - 90s/88s but not unbearable until midday.

So when would you pick?
I have 3.5 yr old and 5 yr old boys.

If it were me, I'd pick the first week of December. The weather may be a little cooler than you had in Sept, but you'll have all the Christmas decorations up, MVMCP, Osburne lights, etc. Crowds the first week of Dec are fairly light too.

I think all three are good months.

May can be hot with showers. We did the 2nd and 3rd week and it was over 90 every day, but not humid. Crowded.

Never been in November but hear it probably one of the best months Temp 70-80, crowds low.

December can be iffy crowds medium, we went the 2nd and 3rd week low crowds, weather cold. 30's low 40's in the evening and very windy.

I have been there in May and November and I would go in November everytime if I could! The weather was awesome (low 80's no humidity) crowds were almost non existent. May was nice as far as the crowds too but the heat, OMG it was horrible! That being said we are planning our next trip for June 2011 at least this time I will be prepared for the heat!

How about May, November and December? :woohoo:

Just kidding. Well, no...I'm not. :lmao:

Seriously, I love December. We plan to go back in December every year to experience all of the Christmas magic.

My first choice would be November (we usually go October/November). The weather is usually great and the crowds are usually low. Right after Halloween they start putting up the Christmas decorations, so you could see a lot of those, too. Early December would be my second choice. I have gone in May and found it to be hotter then I like and more crowded then I'm used to.

I visited in the third week of May in 2008 and the first two weeks of December in 2009. You can expect lower crowds during both those times and I think the best strategy is to avoid EMH and DHS on fantasmic nights.

The hottest it got in December was mid 70s but we were able to swim at the hotel. I didn't think the Christmas party was worth the money, and MK was closed 3 nights a week to host that. I think that contributed to larger crowds at other parks.

On the other hand it was so hot in May we really didn't enjoy being in the parks during mid day. It got into the high 90s which was great on the days we went to the water parks, but it was miserable walking around. I am from Maine so the December temperatures were like a Maine summer. They had another hard ticket party at MK in May (Pirate & princess?) but the other parks were open later so I think the people who didn't go to MK were more evenly disbursed, where in Dec only one park stays open past 7:00.

That's tough...all great months to go (we've been all 3, but I'd have to go with early December. The weather isn't quite as warm, but the Christmas decoration/activities make up for it.

We went this past December (first 2 weeks) and it was great. The weather was awesome and the crowd level was low (plus the Christmas decorations were awesome). As for the other months suggested, even though we have never been then, I have heard good things about them also (except for the week of Thanksgiving and Mother's Day weekend). Good luck with whatever you decide.

Been in May and November. We didn't like the cooler months. Though it was cool to attend MVMCP, we would not do it again. Swimming in the cooler months is hit or miss, and we all love the water.

May has ideal weather if you enjoy the water - hot but not humid. The crowds are moderate to low during all three times mentioned.

We have been the last week of May and for us it was too hot to enjoy ourselves. I like to tour the parks in cooler weather. Having said that we did our last after Thanksgiving/first week of December trip in 2009. We love the time, but did find the crowds to increase during that time over the years. This year we are trying 10/29-11/7. We know that the MNSSHP will be crowded on 10/31, but we are hoping for lighter crowds and weather.

November! We were there last year the first week of November and it was lovely....warm enough to be able to use the pool, no rain at all. Before that trip, we were there the last week of May...it rained every day but our last two and it was too hot and humid for all of us. Going back again this coming November but the 2nd week rather than the 1st.

The last time I was at WDW I was there in May (2008) for the last three weeks of the month. Outstanding weather which reached 43c at one point and thankfully on that day I was at Typhoon Lagoon.

I've booked for May again this year. It has the least amount of rain for the summer months, most sunshine and the crowds are moderate. Yes, it can be humid but it never really bothered me as I've got to enjoy the hot weather anywhere I can find it. Stock up on the water and the ice cream and you'll be fine.

I do have plans to visit in both November (Halloween decorations and MNSSHP) and December (decorations and MVMCP) but they will have to wait until I get my summer fix.

You are choosing between 3 wonderful times to go so you really can't lose... I'd go as soon as possible:goodvibes

I suppose my vote is for November...

The last time I was at WDW I was there in May (2008) for the last three weeks of the month. Outstanding weather which reached 43c at one point and thankfully on that day I was at Typhoon Lagoon.

I've booked for May again this year. It has the least amount of rain for the summer months, most sunshine and the crowds are moderate. Yes, it can be humid but it never really bothered me as I've got to enjoy the hot weather anywhere I can find it. Stock up on the water and the ice cream and you'll be fine.

I do have plans to visit in both November (Halloween decorations and MNSSHP) and December (decorations and MVMCP) but they will have to wait until I get my summer fix.

Be careful of your dates. When we were there in November it was Christmas decorations and Christmas party.

We LOVE November and December!! We have always taken the kids out of school and gone in the off times. The week after Thanksgiving is the best because so many people have already been to WDW when their kids were off of school for Thanksgiving. That being said, we are going in May this year the day our oldest gets out of college (14th). Since she is in college now, we have to go on her breaks or when college is out. I am VERY afraid of the heat we will encounter. I just dont have as many options as I did when they were all in regular school. I was originally booked the week of Thanksgiving, but the crowds:scared1: seemed to scare me more than the heat, and we are going in May. Hoping for the best and knowing we will have to take mid day breaks- something this commando family has never done:eek:

This will be my 3rd trip to Disney World!! 3 years in a row at that! Year 1 November great weather not to hot or cold. Year 2 September mid way way to hot for me. 3rd year again November I would have to say it's worth taking children out of school but if you go the first 2 weeks most kids have a holiday on Nov 11 so that generally helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter