When U Wish Upon AllStar Fridge Swap - FRIDGE LOST

Dear Swappers:

I have rewritten post #1 to remove redundancies, add some new information, and make it more clear (I hope).

Please read it and let me know what you think.:goodvibes

Thanks!

I am currently getting a fridge w/Gina (Eeyoregon) but my sister and her daughter are going to be there the same time we are and she wanted to know if your fridge was still available for 6/29 thru 7/4? We are traveling w/our daughter's softball team and staying at All-Star Sports. I can give you her email address if you would prefer. I really appreciate your time and consideration!:)

Jo -

I am currently getting a fridge w/Gina (Eeyoregon) but my sister and her daughter are going to be there the same time we are and she wanted to know if your fridge was still available for 6/29 thru 7/4? We are traveling w/our daughter's softball team and staying at All-Star Sports. I can give you her email address if you would prefer. I really appreciate your time and consideration!:)

Jo -

Those dates are still open. :cool1: Will you be able to pick up the fridge from ASMovies and bring it back there? That is our fridge's "home" resort, and the swappers before and after your dates are staying at ASMovies.

If that will work for you, please send me the following information by e-mail (kmitchell1210@aol.com):

Real name
Resort - ASSports
Reservation # (optional)
Check-in date
Check-out date
e-mail address
Cell phone #

Thanks!:goodvibes

Still available - July 23 - August 5, 2008!!

New opening - August 28 - August 30, 2008!

Anybody need a fridge for July 23 through August 5, or any part of that time period?:goodvibes

What a great idea! I hope you have our dates. I will PM you as this is my 10th post.

Just a quick note. We had a Magical time on vacation.:wizard: :woohoo: Fridge worked great!!!! Handed off in person to puppyears. Fridge is a little touchy on settings. The Wokman Family said that luggage would not give a receipt for the fridge. Be persistent with luggage CM's as they might act like they don't know what your talking about. Still no box but fridge is well marked with When U Wish Upon Allstar fridge swap. Thanks to kath1210 for setting this swap up and keeping it going. Maybe we will be back in 2009. Thanks again Kathy!!!!:worship: :worship:

Just a quick note. We had a Magical time on vacation.:wizard: :woohoo: Fridge worked great!!!! Handed off in person to puppyears. Fridge is a little touchy on settings. The Workman Family said that luggage would not give a receipt for the fridge. Be persistent with luggage CM's as they might act like they don't know what your talking about. Still no box but fridge is well marked with When U Wish Upon Allstar fridge swap. Thanks to kath1210 for setting this swap up and keeping it going. Maybe we will be back in 2009. Thanks again Kathy!!!!:worship: :worship:

Thanks for posting. I hope everyone who uses the fridge is able to post an update. It's good to know that it is still around and working. :goodvibes

I had the same experience with not getting a receipt from the CMs - this seems to be a new thing with them. I guess it doesn't really matter, since our original fridge was lost even though the last swapper had gotten a receipt. It seems like marking the fridge well is the key, and swapping in person is the best, of course, but not always possible.

You guys are really the ones who make this swap work. I appreciate everyone who has been careful to mark the fridge and get it to the luggage services CMs.

We have some prime dates still open for 2008 and 2009 is almost wide open!!

9/29 - 10/3/08
10/27 - 11/5/08
11/10 - 11/23/08
12/13/08 - 1/1/09
1/7 - 1/18/09
1/27 - 12/31/09

Hi guys! We could use some pixie dust: our fridge has gone missing!

Just in case anyone is down there and spots our firdge it was last seen August 2 at Movies. It is white 1.7 cf and does NOT have a box.

gina

P.S. My swapper saw your fridge in the storage room last night :thumbsup2 !

IMPORTANT REMINDER (borrowed from Eeyoregon's fridge swap thread):

NEVER EVER LEAVE THE FRIDGE IN YOUR ROOM AT THE END OF YOUR STAY! If you are not willing to return the fridge to the bell desk or swap it in person to the next swapper, then PLEASE do not join the swap. It is NOT Disney's responsibility to haul our fridge around. Please borrow a luggage cart or some strong teenagers and return it to the BELL desk outside of the main lobby at ASMovies.

When a fridge is left in the room at the end of your stay.Mousekeeping assumes it was left behind and will take it home or discard it even if it is clearly marked with the next swapper's information.

IMPORTANT REMINDER (borrowed from Eeyoregon's fridge swap thread):

NEVER EVER LEAVE THE FRIDGE IN YOUR ROOM AT THE END OF YOUR STAY! If you are not willing to return the fridge to the bell desk or swap it in person to the next swapper, then PLEASE do not join the swap. It is NOT Disney's responsibility to haul our fridge around. Please borrow a luggage cart or some strong teenagers and return it to the BELL desk outside of the main lobby at ASMovies.

When a fridge is left in the room at the end of your stay.Mousekeeping assumes it was left behind and will take it home or discard it even if it is clearly marked with the next swapper's information.

Another swap had their fridge go missing after leaving the fridge in the room assuming that the bell staff would transport it along with their other luggage. It later turned up in the mousekeeping lounge as the mousekeeper assumed it was left behind and the bell castmember thought it was one of mousekeeping fridges. And I do not mean anything negative by this BUT a large percentage of the mousekeepers do not speak English let alone read it so you can label the fridge all you want but if it's lost in translation, so will the fridge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter